Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 16:33:26

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Lightweight Gimbal and Landing legs

Started by eyeflying, Friday,December 07, 2012, 12:10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeflying

Just bought a small batch of landing legs, gimbals and servos to make up the combo shown in the pics. I thought there may be others that have tried this combo and could comment?

From what I can see, the legs seem pretty strong with a degree of flexibility - which is good for hard landings. There';s plenty of rubber too on the mounts for vibration reduction. A small amount of drilling and I would imagine that these could be fitted to virtually any frame.

The gimbal is quite lightweight - great for a GoPro or compact digital camera. The servos are directly connected to the gimbal - no pushrods - which I quite like because it removes and ';play'; and you get a much faster response. The servos are Futaba and TowerPro.

The gimbal slides on to the landing legs rods via more rubber isolation washers - again more vibration reduction.

Assembly was relatively straightforward although I did have to resort to a bit of fettling and super glue to get it to go together how I wanted it. Took about 2 hours in total although I reckon I could have done it quicker if I wasn';t so fussy!

I haven';t tried it in the air yet so I can';t comment on its performance

dani_r

Looks nice! Where did you source that from?

eyeflying

Quote from: dani_r on Friday,December 07, 2012, 12:14:59
Looks nice! Where did you source that from?

All from China - I bought most of the components from Hi-Model - made a few mistakes at first though - bought the wrong bits and didn';t all quite go together and then they went out of stock of the stuff I wanted. Their website descriptions are sometimes poor with no dimensions and they don';t tell you what fits with what.

Anyway, got there in the end - I now know what parts to get when I need more!

mickyt

That looks perfect for a gopro not sure I';d want to put something heavier on the gimbal though, but I';ve got to say it does look very smart  ~~
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

benchmark

I eagaly await your feedback on this product, i like the Gimbal setup and i am curious to hear how well it works.

eyeflying

Was hoping to try it out today but too windy - damn weather  :angry:

Smeagol

Well hopefully you have had a chance to try this thing out at last, how did the testing go, would you recommend it.

I have a landing skid that I could mount this on to,  what other items would I need to complete the kit.

Guessing this is the main part of it

http://www.himodel.com/multi_rotors/Universal_Dual-shaft_Damping_Aerial_Tilt_T12_suit_for_Camera_Gopro.html

If used with a gopro would it be a good idea to reduce the length of the mount.

neil-liverpool