Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 22:23:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Zippy 2200 4S - Gave up on HobbyKing

Started by Hands0n, Tuesday,July 16, 2013, 14:07:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Hands0n

I ordered a pair of Zippy 2700mAh 4S from HK the other week. They were on back order, the website claims that normally takes a few days to come from another warehouse.  And thats how the order has been stuck since. 

Sunday 14/7 I had enough and enquired on their Chat to be told that there was a 30-day delay. No proactive notifications, I';m supposed to intuit this fact?  So I emailed to cancel my order, which they confirmed on Monday.  Of course, it will be at least 7 days to process the refund to PayPal

So last night I ordered from a chap on eBay and they';ll be here tomorrow! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZIPPY-Compact-2200Mah-4S-14-8v-35C-45C-Lipo-Pack-UK-seller-Fast-delivery-/130947430933?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160

Can';t see the point other than saving a few shekels here and there. Massive inconvenience avoided.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

rsmith21

So far as I';m concerned Hobby King stinks in every manner.

I';ll never buy anything from them again, if they put half as much effort as they put into the flashy shop window, into after sales and support it would be great, they just want your cash then dump you . :sick:
KK2, NAZA M/V2 ugrade, Spektrum DX 8, Hubsan X4
Immersion 25Mw vtx, GoPro 4, Black Pearl Display
Walkera 2 axis gimbal

Hands0n

So my Zippys arrived on Friday - got the Mrs to pick them up from her work today where they were delivered to.  A quick "unbox" set of pics are attached to this post.

I can see why the postal and delivery services might feel a bit anxious about handling Lithium batteries!  This is an exact sequence of how they arrived.

--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Cozp83

ive always questioned the intelligence of lipo sellers! Dont they realize how parcels are handled by royalmail!
oh well at least you got em dude.
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

Hands0n

Whoopsie! I ran the battery down too low. One of the four cells dropped to about 1.5 volts, the others were up around 2.8 volts.

So recalling helpful information on this forum I gave the battery a 10 minute charge as if a NiMh, waited for the overall voltage to climb above 11 volts and then switched to Balanced Charge to get it all back to as it should be.

It was my fault. I ran the battery down on the "field" (my back garden today), then used it to provide power to the FC while I was fiddling around with PID using the laptop.  I think I just pushed it over the edge - although why all cells didn';t drop evenly is a bit of a mystery. I hope I';ve not a bit of a dud battery.  It was evenly drained when I came off the field.  But Cell 1 had dropped to the fatal "Low Voltage" level.

Hmmm

Saving the Zippy 4S
The cells are equalising nicely.
[attach=1]
--
Danny

icedfusion

ahh, the old school boy errors creeping in when having too much fun!

ice.

pete-c

Quote from: rsmith21 on Tuesday,July 16, 2013, 16:52:04
So far as I';m concerned Hobby King stinks in every manner.

I';ll never buy anything from them again, if they put half as much effort as they put into the flashy shop window, into after sales and support it would be great, they just want your cash then dump you . :sick:

I agree I had so much trouble with a faulty esc that in the end I gave up. For the sake of a tenner they have lost a customer.

Regards
Pete
DIY H Quadcopter with mobius camera  DJI F550 hexacopterwith naza V2 and Firefly camera
DIY Tricopter with kk2.1.5 board
DJI 450 with APM 2.8 and Mobius camera

guest325

I don';t seem to have trouble with HK, ordered Sunday delivered today - but they were in stock!
Very well packed and very pleased with the service!  These are some more 35-45C 3S 2200 for my V Tail, they also make my 450 flamewheel bitza go like a rocket!

Biffa

I have to agree Darrell, I have not had one issue with HobbyKing.
Steve

guest325

This is the box 3 came in, complete with loads of air bags inside!

Biffa

I have had some ropey deliveries (packing wise) from the global warehouse but everything from the UK has been on time and packed extremely well, maybe too well.
Steve

powerlord

yup +1 for HK.

I try to order from UK warehouse and that is always very well packed in big boxes (actually warehouse is only 6 miles away from my house - but roads mean it takes 30 mins to get there so I just get it delivered -it';s in the middle of nowhere).

That direct channel option on hong kong deliveries was a great tip from someone on here, and when I order from global warehouse I use that now, and stuff has been well packaged from that too tbh - though been ages since I';ve ordered lipos from global.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

tony

I';ve had a lot of dealings with hobby king and i find there slow on costumer support but very fair and i 98% of the time my orderer s are nicely packed and arrive in good condition

but lipos i only order from UK are Europe warehouse