Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,May 20, 2024, 18:55:20

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,438
  • Total Topics: 20,263
  • Online today: 20
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

FC Recommendation?

Started by Andy7, Thursday,August 23, 2018, 14:53:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy7

It looks like my BlueJay FC has mysteriously died.
It seemed to be working fine when I retrieved it after a crash and packed away for the day. I had a prop-strike that cut an ESC signal wire which I fixed out in SG but doubt that would cause a failure. (Unless the FC end flapped about and hit the BATT+ connection on the ESC).

Given it a good visual, and wil take it under the 'scope this evening to look for any damage. 5v is okay on the board, and I'll check out the 3.3v later as well.
No LEDS active....

So, if I can't get it up and running, I'm in the market for a decent-ish FC. The Bardwell is under £30 on Hobby RC but I heard about some reliabiliy issues. I don't want to go down the Kiss route because I can't be ar$ed to change from BF/BuF.

Any recommendations? There's SOOOO many to choose from.  :wack0
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

mo_miah

even JB himself said there were some issues and did a recall
i would go with the helio spring if you want butterflight
or im using a matek f722 atm and love it on BF3.4 about £30 from most places

Andy7

Yeah, shame about the JB ones. Hearing a lot of good things said about matek.
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

hoverfly

Quote from: Andy7 on Thursday,August 23, 2018, 15:02:35
Yeah, shame about the JB ones. Hearing a lot of good things said about matek.
P.M. sent :beer2:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Wyntrblue

I’m
Also looking for a new F.C. also don’t want to kiss I’m looking for an aio

What do you guys recon?

Cheredanine

Spoke to Andy directly already but Helio Spring IMU-F

shawdreamer

my most recent build uses a Multistar 30a AIO F4 with BEC&OSD.

my build design was really tight on space so this was more or less perfect.

seems to fly nice straight out the baggy though the solder tabs are pretty small on it which makes soldering tricky for the less experienced.

USB port is a little awkward in placement but probably wouldnt be such a problem on a open deck build unlike my enclosed setup

though spec'ed as PPM/Ibus/Sbus I could only seem to get a x6b to connect under Sbus (might just be the x6b though) :shrug:

HK are still having a sale on them at the mo if your quick you could grab a bargain.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-multistar-30a-blheli-32-4-in-1-race-spec-esc-w-f4-fc-osd-bec-2-4s.html
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

ManInaShed

I have a mini talon under construction.
Using the Matek f405 wing with Inav. I'd say it's the easiest F/C I have ever configured and wired.Solder the motor and battery directly to the F/C, 6 servo outputs,two motor o/p's built in OSD.
On the down side it may be a tad on the large side for some wings.

Andy7

Quote from: shawdreamer on Saturday,August 25, 2018, 01:29:30
my most recent build uses a Multistar 30a AIO F4 with BEC&OSD.

my build design was really tight on space so this was more or less perfect.

seems to fly nice straight out the baggy though the solder tabs are pretty small on it which makes soldering tricky for the less experienced.

USB port is a little awkward in placement but probably wouldnt be such a problem on a open deck build unlike my enclosed setup

though spec'ed as PPM/Ibus/Sbus I could only seem to get a x6b to connect under Sbus (might just be the x6b though) :shrug:

HK are still having a sale on them at the mo if your quick you could grab a bargain.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-multistar-30a-blheli-32-4-in-1-race-spec-esc-w-f4-fc-osd-bec-2-4s.html

Yeah, that's a bit fiddly on the USB port. Looks like you're 3d printing some bits. Have you considered getting a USB break-out board, mounting it somewhere a little more sendible and then wiring that directly to the FC. I ended up with that solution on my ZMR after I broke the USB off my FC. Works well, plus I know that if I kill the socket again,I can just bung a new one on. Chances are, at that angle you're gonna tear the port offby acident with you're tunning,setting up.
Hubsan X4 107 V2

hoverfly

Quote from: ManInaShed on Tuesday,September 04, 2018, 12:02:07
I have a mini talon under construction.
Using the Matek f405 wing with Inav. I'd say it's the easiest F/C I have ever configured and wired.Solder the motor and battery directly to the F/C, 6 servo outputs,two motor o/p's built in OSD.
On the down side it may be a tad on the large side for some wings.

Just when you think about fitting a new F/C  another comes along... ::)
https://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/matek-f411-wing-flight-controller
In the process of nailing one on a Flyingwings Raven Radical.. gone really posh with Oled display  and leds. :smiley:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....