Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,May 20, 2024, 19:18:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,438
  • Total Topics: 20,263
  • Online today: 20
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

kakaute f4 Aio - What the heck am i doing wrong???

Started by Dippi, Friday,September 08, 2017, 13:36:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Dippi

Board all soldered up, tested the motor directions in betaflight, without props ..... all ok....
assembled everything, connected the receiver ... ibus, used the default settings ........ aux 1 channel 5, aux 2 channel 6.

Now i assumed the default settings were good to go, but what a surprise .......... i tried the usual arming stunt, both sticks at extreme ends, nothing...... then i put swc --- channel 5 to B position and the drone armed,, all good suddenly it shot up full throttle and hit the ceiling, tried to control the throttle no result, luckily on rebound caught the drone in my hand ....... small hit nothing else, but the drone was powering up and trying to force itself out from my hand, suddenly realised and put the swc to A position and the engines died.

Is this normal, can some one tell me how and what to program,,,,, feeling little bit ******....... maybe this hobby is not for me.....

Cheredanine

Hi.
1. take the props OFF
2. Plug the computer in to the fc, go to the reciever tab
3. Plug the lipo in
4. Turn the radio on
5. Move the sticks, one at a time, check the right channel moves in the configurator.
(You may need to change your channel map)

Cheredanine

Almost forgot, once you have confirmed the right stick moves the right channel, make sure that when the stick is at the bottom or left the value is 1000 and at the top or right 2000
If not, tell us what they are

Dippi

Quote from: Cheredanine on Friday,September 08, 2017, 13:44:03
Almost forgot, once you have confirmed the right stick moves the right channel, make sure that when the stick is at the bottom or left the value is 1000 and at the top or right 2000
If not, tell us what they are

I think i did all that, a bit shaken up, as that could have ended in a very bd accident ... indoors.

i will post some pictures, but cannot connect the drone in the computer ...... will check the channel map again .....

The board by default come with these settings .... Aux 1 channel 5 swc, aux 2 channel 6 swd

VaNDAL_UK

Why not hold the drone to the floor and arm if you have to be stupid go full stupid, that';s what I do.

Cheredanine

Modes are a little unusual (you have to go through acro mode to switch between angle and horizon?

But anyway.
What happens when you arm now?
(With props off)
Have you changed anything?

Dippi

sorry for the delay.

Update.

Flashed the fc to 3.1.7 stable, all those modes are gone now.

New problem - when i give it throttle and stay it at a point, motor 1 and 3 keep speeding and acquiring more throttle and 2 and 4 stay stable.

Cheredanine

hoverfly

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Cheredanine

Thinking more it is just I term wind up

Dippi I term wind up can be deceptive for beginners, basically the quad tried correct something small, because it can';t without props it tries harder and harder.

One quick q- are you sure board orientation is correct? (The arrow on the flight controller points to the front of the quad?)
If so, put the props back on and test it

Dippi

Sorry for the late reply.

Update, the drone is working fine and flying. Haven';t set up the modes. Maybe some time later, for now don';t need them.

Reduced the drone RC rate to .75 percent to make it less aggressive.

But guess what i don';t know a ****** about flying drones, first need to learn how to.

Downloaded velocidrone demo, got it connected to my flysky, but then the mac game screen goes like there is no video (not the mac) but the game screen, like a tv without antenna.

Have to figure that out, or find a new simulator which works on a mac book.

GdLookinMingeR

Carbon Tricopter with KK2 mini because you have to own a Tri and Falcon Evo FPV (rebuild again) with fatshark 600mw vtx & pz2040 cam. New addition (hidden from the missus!) 250 quad.

Dippi

Finally got everything sorted. And it flies great. Maybe some day will have FPV kit on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk