Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,May 20, 2024, 19:18:03

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
12 May 2024 08:13:51
 I have some F1 Abusemark boards going spare,,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)    :azn
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:12:29
And with oldskool parts  :D
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:11:57
I must be the only one doing tricopters right now  :laugh:
DarkButterfly:
11 May 2024 22:09:30
 :D
Gaza07:
11 May 2024 21:15:16
Domain has been renewed closure has been cancelled  :D
Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,438
  • Total Topics: 20,263
  • Online today: 20
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

fc for flying wing with rth

Started by james111, Saturday,December 20, 2014, 15:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

james111

Ok guys im after a fc for my tek sumo wing as im getting more confident and pushing further away (furthest ive been is 600m and that was scary enough). I have a futaba t8j which I';ve seen can go 4km I would never go that far on 2.4ghz and im only looking for a mile tops as that';s plenty for me. The thing that made it scary was that I have no failsafe if it did go. I was thinking about geting a ez uhf system but first I think I should get some sort of failsafe rth. so what are my options

deano

dji f330
q450 hk clone
3 whitesheep

Hands0n

APM would get my vote for installing on a wing for the purposes of an RTH failsafe. It will bring it back to launch point and then circle until you take control back or it runs out of charge ::)

You can also set up a Geofence on it so that it does not exceed whatever radial distance [from launch] that you set it up with.  That can be handy and even preferable to radio signal loss where there may be insufficient power to return.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Rommie

I would also look at the rvosd system I got one on the words of a good chap on here and tbh its friking ace so much so I bought a rvosd v5 off eBay.

If you get a v6 from range video too there shipping out the LRS system that actually attaches to the rvosd hardware for free when it';s released and also will work with a numerous amount of different tx gear.
Check out RCmungo - new site just getting ready to be launched for all your RC needs
Bit like ebay but for RC
rcmungo320x200.png" border="0

james111

Cheers guys ill look in to it never played with amp so ive got some reading and videos to watch would one of phil mini amp do the job

james111

I already have a ezosd and waiting on a ez antenna tracker i just had of a forum member to go with it so all I want is a simple rth

flybywire

Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

fruitsalad

good choices available to you..
cyclops storm,cyclops tornado,eagletree vector,i use all 3 of these on different models.
cylops have onscreen display,rth,pilot assist,manual mode,tornado has waypoints the storm doesnt..
pretty much the same with the vector,but you can use the the vector for multirotors and aircraft..
all pretty much simple to set up and use...
im more than happy with mine..
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Jake Bullit

+1 Cyclops Storm, works great on my FX61.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

dp106

+1 for the Vector so easy to install with a very well thought out wiring loom. Support is second to none as well, when I had issues setting mine up the first time they had responded within an hour of me raising a ticket

flybywire

Yes, i';ll deffo try the vector in spring of 2015, when my self imposed ';winter of austerity'; has expired!

I hope to join the ';mile high uhf club'; with my asw 28 hotliner
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

james111

Thanks for all your sugestions guys.The vector dose look nice and easy but the price not so much.
The amp is a nice price but the set up looks a lot more harder.
The cyclops storm is a contender but I cannot seem to find much as of set up for it. If someone could tell me how easy it is to tune and or link a video of how to set it up ill be more than greatfull

fruitsalad

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

james111

Cheers found them in the end. I think that';s the one for me Ive found a uk seller with it in stock a little over £100 so will be making a purchase after crimbo. now all I need to do is sell the ez osd so I can get a tiny telemetry for my tracker and im away thanks everyone for the help. im sure when I get it ill be posting a thread with more questions but it dose look quite simple and im sure ill be ok thanks again guys