Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 21:00:33

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Pilot in the North East (Durham)

Started by RaptorCam, Friday,December 28, 2012, 01:43:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptorCam

Hi... I am a falconer based in Durham UK looking for an RC pilot to help with a video project... I am producing I hope a series of short videos on birds of prey in flight, hunting etc, starting with my Peregrine Falcon... Will be using 808 hd mini camera';s with all manner of lure methods... Could do with somebody skilled in piloting RC planes etc. especially Multi rotor kit, and have their own planes etc... I have Parkinson';s disease and struggle to operate RC equipment... This is suited to someone who has an interest in birds of prey and has some spare time to fill... Its not a paid job but any additional bits of kit required I will buy... Looking to get started as soon as possible got the trained birds, just need the pilot. Please checkout the folowing link for some footage I recently got from a hood cam on my Peregrine... Peregrine attacks Kestrel 2012 if interested please first reply to this post...

Many thanks
Kevin
RaptorCam

teslahed

That video is incredibly cool and the ';performance'; of your bird puts my rc aircraft to shame :whistling:

Personally i';m based in Lancaster which is a bit of a distance away and i';m still working to get my quadcopters shooting decent quality aerial video - but i fully intend to get that side of things working better into the new year, once i do i';d love to be involved if possible.

I wonder if there';s anyone located a bit closer to you who';s already got the equipment setup and working? You';ve posted in the middle of the xmas holidays, the forums are a little bit quiet at the moment, so hang on - hopefully you';ll get more response as people start reappearing, but if no one else can help there is a chance i';ll be able to do something with you at some point.

The idea is so good that it would be a shame if no one can help. I don';t know if this is a first but i';ve not seen it done before ~~
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Brian

I wish I lived closer to you, as I';d love to get some footage of these amazing birds in action. Unfortunately I live on the Isle of Wight.

Amazing video there.
Brian :wack0
[url="http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/britrb/SANY2154.jpg"]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/britrb/SANY2154.jpg[/url]

eyeflying

Fascinating video - just trying to work out what happened at the end. It appears that the Falcon caught another bird in flight but which bird flew away? Surely it wasn';t the bird the Falcon caught - it looked pretty dead to me.

teslahed

Looks like the smaller bird was caught, played dead, then a sheep came along and distracted the falcon and the smaller one took it';s chance to fly away.

I could be wrong though.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

RaptorCam

Thanks for your comments guys, at the end of the video it';s the Kestrel that gets away, the Peregrine makes a small chase then gives up... Thanks for your offers of help really apreciate your interest, idealy a Durham based enthusiast would be good, but in the event nobody found local, then I will look further afield ... Regards kevin