Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 09:40:16

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 49
Total: 49

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

New Turnigy 9XR Open Source TX

Started by Jumpy07, Thursday,December 27, 2012, 12:48:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpy07

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__31544__Turnigy_9XR_Transmitter_Mode_2_No_Module_.html

$49.99 / £30.92 (No TX Module included)

QuoteThe greatly anticipated Turnigy 9XR has arrived!

The software for the 9XR first began development 6 years ago. Since then it has been tweaked, tuned, changed, updated and revamped by members of the R/C community into a powerful - yet easy to use interface. Our engineers designed the physical product around the R/C communities software changes and input. The culmination of all these is the Turnigy 9XR!

For many users this will be the perfect 9 channel radio straight out of the box, but there are many tinkerers out there who love modifying and pushing the boundaries of what is possible from their radio. We have factory fitted the 9XR with an AVR ISP header to simplify the development of custom software, we have launched turnigy9xr.com as the epicentre for software developers and additional community support for all 9XR users......With the 9XR we encourage it!

The 9XR is supplied preloaded with top quality software which is full of features and yet remains easy to use. Our aim was to develop a radio for you, the hobbyist, with an extensive list of standard features usually expected from a radio system 3 times the price. Our Turnigy 9XR is everything you imagined and more!

9XR Standard Features:
• 8 Channel PPM/9 Channel PCM
• Full Ball Bearing gimbals
• Adjustable Stick Length
• Digital Trims on all Primary Axis
• 16 Model Memory
• Assignable Switches
• Freely Assignable Channel Mixes
• Graphical Dual Rate and Exponential
• Sub Trim and Travel Adjust
• Flaps and Differential
• Throttle Hold
• Supports Heli/ Aero/ Glider Model Types
• Programming Templates Based on Model Type
• Supports M1, M2, M3, M4 stick modes
• 128 x 64 backlit Liquid Crystal Display
• Built in JR & Futaba Trainer Ports
• PPM & PCM Output
• JR Form Factor RF Modules (Orx Dsm2, Orx Open LRS 433Mhz etc)
• Programmable Timers
• Low Voltage Warning and Buzzer
• Supports 3s Lipo (Required)
• 9XR Firmware Pre-loaded
• AVR ISP Interface
• Internal 2.4GHz Antenna

Online support and user forums available at: www.turnigy9xr.com

Spec:
Channnel: 8ch ppm/9ch pcm
Display: 128*64LCD (Backlit)
Support Type: Heli/Acro/Glid
Model Memory: 16
Stick modes: 1, 2, 3, 4
Encoder type: ppm/pcm
Module Interface: JR Compatible (See Related Items Below)
Simulator Interface: Yes (JR & Futaba)
Buzzer: Yes

Required:
Battery 3S Lipo
RF Module

Included:
Turnigy 9XR Transmitter (Mode 2 – Throttle on Left Stick)
Quick Start guide

Note: This version is supplied without an RF Module, Please order the relevent RF module from the accessories list below.

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

guest325

On my shopping list if frsky don';t get their a55 into gear with theirs!

johnrs

i have just seen this.

What am i missing with this ??  Will it have better support for the NAZA ?

seems very cheap
New to Quads but loving it

My YouTube Channel

Techie-Review

Jumpy07

Doesent have any RF module.. so you need to add cost of that .. DHT  .. so add @ £25

Should work with any FC..    the original 9x with er9x was a great combo.. especially with the Frsky RF module..    the 9XR is just an upgrade with built in interface to make it easier to add / modify the open source OS.
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

johnrs

Looks very nice.

Be interested to see if it can support the other features that the DJI needs such as a switch for Manual, Atti and GPS

My YouTube Channel

Techie-Review

guest325

Quote from: johnrs on Thursday,December 27, 2012, 19:51:01
Looks very nice.

Be interested to see if it can support the other features that the DJI needs such as a switch for Manual, Atti and GPS
Beauty of it is that you can assign the switches to do anything you like, one of the reasons I am going to get one; it';s about as flexible as you can get.
If you want to know more have a look on the 9x uk forum.

johnrs

Quote from: DarrellW on Thursday,December 27, 2012, 21:20:32
Beauty of it is that you can assign the switches to do anything you like, one of the reasons I am going to get one; it';s about as flexible as you can get.
If you want to know more have a look on the 9x uk forum.

This is definitely on my new years shopping list..

Will take a look at the forum now  :)  Cheers

My YouTube Channel

Techie-Review

Leebo914

Looks good, i might get one myself. there are some on Ebay. Quite a bit more expensive although it does come with the module.

What are the delivery times like for Hobby King?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261147104082?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

guest325

Quote from: Leebo914 on Friday,December 28, 2012, 12:12:31
Looks good, i might get one myself. there are some on Ebay. Quite a bit more expensive although it does come with the module.

What are the delivery times like for Hobby King?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261147104082?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
That';s not the same transmitter, that';s the old one that needs to be loaded with the er9x or open9x firmware; have a look on the 9x uk forum if you want to learn more.

Leebo914

Will do m8, i have got lots to learn. :embarrassed

teslahed

It seems like hobbyking aren';t playing exactly fair;

http://code.google.com/p/er9x/

QuoteIMPORTANT NOTICE - TURNIGY 9XR
Hobbyking/Turnigy ave just released a radio called 9XR which has a port for a programmer and an installed backlight. This is a very welcome addition since it makes programming the radio very easy for the novice. That being said, they have not given credit to the originators and contributors and they have not released the code as required by the GNU 2.0 software license.
So while we are very happy to see them make the 9XR radio we do want them to acknowledge the hard work and the effort made by all the contributors. Please let them know how you feel about this.
We have tried to contact them but have not been able to receive any response. We';ll update here if and when we get one.

Bit dissapointed by this - all they need to do is give credit and release the source as required by the GPL - which they haven';t done. Nothing to stop them selling this transmitter and making money of it (i bet they sell loads) but they don';t seem willing to do the few little things necessary to keep the community that did the hard work happy. I don';t know why they would behave like this but it';s unfortunate.

Looks like a nice radio though.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

pheasant_plucker

Quote from: teslahed on Saturday,December 29, 2012, 00:12:57
It seems like hobbyking aren';t playing exactly fair;

http://code.google.com/p/er9x/

Bit dissapointed by this - all they need to do is give credit and release the source as required by the GPL - which they haven';t done. Nothing to stop them selling this transmitter and making money of it (i bet they sell loads) but they don';t seem willing to do the few little things necessary to keep the community that did the hard work happy. I don';t know why they would behave like this but it';s unfortunate.

Looks like a nice radio though.

Your a few days late with that:

http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/topic,94984.msg1111077.html#msg1111077

The gist of the reply from Hobbyking is:

HobbyKing_Admin  8784 points - 27/12/2012
Please note: There is a new user manual available, the acknowledgements were left out by accident in the rush to release the 9XR for you on Christmas Day.

Re: Source Code Location?
by Ross_HK » 27 Dec 2012, 12:52

The 9XR Firmware is a fork of ER9x.

The 9XR-r1 (v1.1) source code will be available later today and I will post the link to it when it is up.

The manual has been edited to include the acknowledgements of the original firmware developers and the ER9x community.
(This was an omission from the user guide rushed through on Monday 24th, December to coincide with the 9Xr';s Christmas Day release.)

This wasn';t corrected for 48 hours post the release due to Christmas Day & Boxing Day being public holidays.

Apologies for the angst this may have caused!
Ross_HK
Site Admin

Gerry
The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"
[url="http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif"]http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif[/url]

teslahed

Well spotted Gerry - that is reassuring to read, thanks.

There were a good few days where it didn';t look promising though - lots of unhappy user comments on the hobbyking website (often removed) and zero response from the hobbyking team. A cynically minded person might suspect them of trying to see if they';d get away with it. I';m not sure :shrug:

teslahed

Quote from: Leebo914 on Friday,December 28, 2012, 12:12:31

They are cheaper from giantcod;

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/flysky-fsth9xb-channel-transmitter-module-receiver-p-406149.html

The branding is different but it';s the exact same radio. I know - i had to get one from them when my old transmitter (dx6i) failed and i couldn';t wait for hobbyking international. You can flash those with the er9x firmware as you';d expect.

guest325

It';s not the same transmitter, there have been a lot of customer driven changes - if you wanted to bring it up to the spec of the new one it would cost more.
Functionality wise once flashed with open9x or er9x firmware there wouldn';t be much difference but the main thing is there';s no hacking about to do.

teslahed

You are right - the giantcod one i linked to isn';t the same as the shiny new 9XR hobbyking are selling, but it is the same as the old Turnigy 9X that hobbyking still sell, just with different branding. Sorry i wasn';t clear.

If you are looking at the Turnigy 9X then you could get the giantcod one instead if you can';t wait a couple of weeks or so for hobbyking international delivery, it works exactly the same as can be flashed with the improved er9X firmware just the same - it just costs a bit more.

But the new one does have a bunch of new features like the backlight, and comes with the improved firmware as default, so is a better option (when it';s in stock - and if you are happy buying the RF module / receiver separately). 

Ross

Think I would wait awhile...see what sort of complaints go into Hobbyking about it  first....  :rofl:
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

guest325

I';m in no rush so it doesn';t really matter to me - that said my new quad has taken up my last slot on my dx6i - I';m waiting to see what the new frsky tx is like when it comes out - from some of the pre-release stuff I';ve seen it might be a better option; if I was in a rush I would probably get the new Orange dx6i alike, it would do me for now!