Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 08:40:26

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Finally Fatsharked

Started by benchmark, Friday,December 21, 2012, 18:58:55

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark

My fatshark Predator V2 arrived today, so excited and will mount it on my F450 this evening. First fpv flight test tomorrow. :crossfingers:

homersainty

gr8 mate you gona love em is it gona be your first time fpv if so just take it slow its like learning to fly again but well worth the effort enjoy
If you find yourself in danger of being taken seriously, then try to do something which undermines or sabotages that perception in some way.

Gav

Balders

couple of bits of advice should you wish to take it...

First flight, if you can, sit down for your first go.  Secondly, try a take off without the gogs, get it nice and stable and trimmed in the hover, then stick the goggles on.  Last thing...flying towards yourself for the first few times is just WEIRD!  Far weirder than flying away from you :)
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Rappy Freak

Fatsharks are great.  The first flight is really really weird, good idea to have a spotter with you.  After you get comfortable with flying FPV its a great feeling, you will love it  :beer2:
SkyNet shall rise!!!!!!

benchmark

I took my first FPV flight today. Fantastic 30 mins of flight with adrenalin in my blood, it was so much fun.

I used my F450 Naza Quad with Fatshark Predator set. Since i always fly in IOC Course lock , I did the same and flew along a long straight of beach because i had no spotter so i figured i would keep it along a straight line for now about 600 meters up and down repeatedly.  I did get a bit confused sometimes especially when i was flying towards myself but i quickly got the hang of it. Crystal Clear video reception  ~~

I am truly impressed. My next flight will just be in GPS-ATTI but no Course lock. I only left IOC on for my first flight in case i panicked and things went wrong i could always count on the fact that if i pulled the stick towards me it would return.

Question: : If you fly without IOC with your craft out of your sight and you suddenly loose video feed, how do you get it back home? I was a bit nervous about that.

homersainty

If its Naza witch i presume it is failsafe works well ~~
If you find yourself in danger of being taken seriously, then try to do something which undermines or sabotages that perception in some way.

Balders

Agreed, one of the main reasons I bought Naza...having lost an airframe once when I suddenly and catastrophically lost video.

Never ever saw that tricopter again... :(

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

Gav

Nice one bench.  FPV is amazing.  Naza gives confidence and time to relax an immerse yourself in flight.  I love it.  I had some crap lcd goggles before where I had to squint to see and really wanted a set of fatsharks.  But was put off by the price. So when Balders said, well once you';ve got them you';ve got them.  I thought sod it I will get a set of dominators.  Best FPV purchase yet, as was the naza lol.
RTH at a flick if a switch is great.  Make sure to set RTH on loss of signal / radio off, too. ;D

benchmark

Thanks for the advice guys. Can i ask how you set a RTH function on a switch with the naza? I have RTH it properly configured on my failsafe but the only other way i can assign a switch to it is by replacing my ';Manual'; with ';failsafe'; on the 3 positionswitch hence instead of ';manual>Atti>GpsAtti';  , i will have '; RTH(failsafe)>Atti>GpsAtti';

Am i correct or is there any other way of assigning a switch?

homersainty

depends on your radio tell us wot rx/tx you are using and im sure we can get it sorted or point you in the right direction  ::)

Balders

on my dx6i, I sacrificed atti mode in favour of RTH.  My thinking behind that was, GPS mode flies in atti anyway and just holds position once you release the sticks, so why bother having atti?

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

homersainty

Quote from: Balders on Wednesday,December 26, 2012, 10:58:12
on my dx6i, I sacrificed atti mode in favour of RTH.  My thinking behind that was, GPS mode flies in atti anyway and just holds position once you release the sticks, so why bother having atti?
i done the same on my dx7 to save doing any mixing i got one flightmode switch man gps and failsafe  who needs atti  ::)

benchmark

Thanks guys, i will do the same, i will replace my Manual position on the 3 position switch with RTH (Failsafe).
I never fly in manual mode anyway  ::)

Balders

Quote from: benchmark on Wednesday,December 26, 2012, 12:19:30
Thanks guys, i will do the same, i will replace my Manual position on the 3 position switch with RTH (Failsafe).
I never fly in manual mode anyway  ::)

Hmm, interesting choice.  I DO fly in manual mode sometimes, for example if it';s taking time to pick up a sat lock, I fly in manual mode to get into clear air, I guess atti woukd do this too. Swings and roundabouts really.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

Gav

After searching for a good fpv set up and looking at other folks fpv kit...I searched on bmfa and bought a 2nd hand Futaba T9CHP transmitter and FrSKY 2.4GHz module n receiver from hobbyking.    The Frsky module will beep when I get close to being out of range, plus if I go a little too far and lose signal totally, the frsky receiver will kick in RTH. 

It never ends...

Edit

A lot of fpv ers are using Turnigy x9  with FrSky

benchmark

Today i ordered an EzOSD which is plug and play with the Fatshark systems.  :wack0
It will show the crafts direction relative to my position, distance,speed, Altitude, video signal strength and  battery current.
I also ordered an iTelemerty cable with it so that i can connect my Ipad to the goggles and using the ITelemetry app developed for it, the craft will appear as a dot in Google earth moving in real time.
I can see that its also possible to set alarms in the EzOSD device that will warn if you pass your preset Altitude or distance limits.
Finally, it has a tracking function so if the craft crashes in no-mans-terrain , all you have to do is follow a dot on the Google earth tracking on your phone or tablet to find your craft in the brushes.

This is getting too crazy for my comprehension  :blink

Gav

EzOSD is great for multirotor fpv.  I';ve seen it on a friends hex fpv  video transmission and was clean and gave the essential details.  I also liked the way you can add your own call sign or name to the transmission. 

scotty40

Whats a full shopping list to get started flying FPV and recording also ?

benchmark

Maybe i am just lucky or the components are placed optimally on my craft . i always have sat lock in 30-60 secs. from cold start.

Gaza07

Any of you FPV guys help with a shopping list ?

Quote from: scotty40 on Saturday,January 05, 2013, 01:27:36
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

benchmark

Quote from: scotty40 on Saturday,January 05, 2013, 01:27:36

Here are a few options depending on your budget http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/boxed-flight-kits/5.8ghz-complete-fpv-systems

I myself decided to go with the cheapest Predator fatshark googles , that is until they release the first HD versions later this year.

As regards a DVR this is also good   http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/recorders-dvrs/fpv-pocket-dvr

mickyt

I use the predator goggles and I use the dvr from firstpersonview that has been listed, I have now just upgraded the camera to a 600 Line but was using a 420 line which was still doing a good job through the predators.

one thing I would recommend is a good vtx and antenna';s but if using fat shark goggles I';m told you can only use the fat shark vtx or immersonic vtx something to do with the channel frequency they use,how true this is im not sure but I';m sure someone with a little more experience than me may be able to answer this correctly.
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.