Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 05:39:35

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

mutley's Twinstar

Started by mutley2, Saturday,August 02, 2014, 11:56:21

Previous topic - Next topic

flybywire

Quote from: DarrellW on Thursday,August 14, 2014, 07:15:04
One of the clubs I go to forbid anything but Fixed wing, they are a bunch of sangtomonious old farts who even see electric power as tolerated rather than welcomed - but there again it';s 5 minutes away so I put up with it!
Name and shame - It';s http://thehalesowenflyers.webeden.co.uk/about/4579799359

Hey!  I must take my ';squadron'; up there next time i';m passing Halesowen!
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

kilby

Quote from: DarrellW on Thursday,August 14, 2014, 07:15:04
One of the clubs I go to forbid anything but Fixed wing, they are a bunch of sangtomonious old farts who even see electric power as tolerated rather than welcomed - but there again it';s 5 minutes away so I put up with it!
Name and shame - It';s http://thehalesowenflyers.webeden.co.uk/about/4579799359

While I do not wish to be rude I would say that looking at the "we are friendly BUT" statement along with the photos and website I now remember why I didn';t get involved with RC flying
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

Oakie

Consider this.

You start a club and want to fly model aircraft. You advertise you only fly planks, like minded people join in for the plank flying.

A multi rotor user comes along never flown before or not, what has that club got to offer other than to detract from that clubs path in the hobby.

just a thought.

The club I belong to welcomes all. I am interested in all forms of flying.

would you turn up at a club that only advertises plank flying.

Personality aside, if a club wants to expand then fine take off the blinkers, great, Those in a small club dedicated to the love of planks.....

The FPV side of thing';s again is not where that club has an interest, other clubs do.

So there is no club near you that does it...........Maybe a letter to that club informing them of your intention and need';s may spark something new.

I would say Live and let live!

Paul
Only when one looses sight of your toy does FPV become fun and against legislation already in place.

Hands0n

Quote from: Oakie on Thursday,August 14, 2014, 10:40:02
I would say Live and let live!

I';d go along with that.  Hence why I fly solo and hang around forums like this where there is plenty of simply great advice and assistance to help my learning. 

For example, until Darrell mentioned it a while back I had no idea that flying overhead and behind was bad practise.  I try to avoid, or at least limit, my doing that, and I have to say that I feel the benefits of doing so. 

I am also effectively teaching a young friend of mine who is coming to multi-rotors and am able to pass on this gained knowledge to him. 

I think the frustrations that you are seeing voiced on here are from fliers like myself who would like to join a club, have access to a regular flying field and take proficiency assessments for our own pleasure.  But with the virtual wall of prejudice by some clubs it makes for frustrations that no one really wants or needs in an otherwise enjoyable hobby.

My fruppenceworth. ;)
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

guest325

Quote from: dp106 on Thursday,August 14, 2014, 08:38:55
I think the ';webmaster'; should be fired for the state of that website  ::)
Can';t do that, most of the rest of them are also Computer phobic ::) ::) ::)

mutley2

Quick vid of the first set-up flights of my Twinstar, really enjoying this because of it';s ease of flying! I had the roll gain way too high and I think the CG needs to come a tad forward as well, either way she';s a flyer and makes me smile!
http://youtu.be/8MZIA6sXpkU

Oakie

OUTSTANDING!  :cool2: :bravo: :pccoffee:

Thanks for posting!

Paul
Only when one looses sight of your toy does FPV become fun and against legislation already in place.

nub

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

mutley2

Cheers guys, looked at that vid again and the roll gain is waaaaay too high, the take-off is so steady compared to the rest of the flight, need to kick it down a notch or two.
Total average distance covered on the first few flights were 12miles+ and that was with a lot of trimming and messing around, flight times are around 1/2 hour mark so I should have plenty of chance to look around  ~~ 

Hands0n

Oh wow! Very nice first footage from the Twinstar.  Some very tidy flying, even in the windy conditions.  Kudos ~~
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2