Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 00:04:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Cinestar 6 help!

Started by andycoates, Tuesday,December 18, 2012, 16:44:03

Previous topic - Next topic

andycoates

So I';ve managed to build a Cinestar6 over the past couple of weeks between been away with work etc and managed to have a successful, but wobbly flight this weekend. Its a standard CS6 frame using WKM electronics. I have managed to get the craft quite stable by adjusting the Basic and Attitude gains but it is still not as stable as I';d like it to be!

[attachimg=1]

Below is a full rundown of components, all of the electronics are well mounted onto a custom carbon fibre plate and oits only the wiring which needs ';wrapping'; and tidying up.

Torxpower 3536 Motors
Funfly 40a Opto Pentium ESC';s
Flashed as:
High timing
Ni-xx battery

APC 13 x 6.5 Props
Wookong-M
4s 4000 Battery
Spektrum DX8 & AR8000

Gains:
Basic:  175, 125, 175, 175
Attitude: 65, 65

So basically it just doesn';t feel as stable in the air as it should be, if flys OK but will oscillate from side to side (roll/pitch) trying to keep level. Can anyone offer any advice on how to progress with this or is it just a case of tweaking the gains and settings? Hopefully get more time to tweak things when i get back home again next weekend!

Thanks in advance

Andy

sausageroll

Hi Andy,

I fly custom built hexcopters that are about the size of the cinestar six. I use the naza GPS, similar enough to the Wookong.

You can take the roller on your DX8 and connect it into one of the aux inputs on the wookong so you can adjust the gains live in air as you fly. You can only do one at a time and you need to use a laptop and the assist program to change the gain setting your adjusting, but you can take off, hover at 20ft or so and roll the roller about until the gain setting your adjusting gets better. Obviously, as only one axis is adjustable at a time, so while the thing might still be swaying all over the place, you will need to watch the roll or pitch or aileron behavior and then move on to the next until its perfect.

Where did you get the wookong from? If you got it from BYOD, Martin is very knowledgable and would be able to offer more in depth into.

Pete.

andycoates

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your advice, I';ve read about this but never tried it yet, thanks for pointing it out it had completely forgotten about this method!

I initially understand the gains and reactions but I don';t know how the basic and attitude gains relate to each other, or even do they. Ive rad somewhere that if you increase the basic gains you should reduce the Attitude gains and vice versa.

I got the Wookong off Geoff at Quadcopters.co.uk , I';ve had some very good advice of Martin (BYOD) in the past too, i may drop him another line.

Ill have a go at this when i get back on Friday/Saturday weather permitting, its all a very exciting learning curve!

Thanks

Andy

Balders

Has anyone pointed out your undercarriage looks to be set up a bit "odd"?
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

andycoates

Hi Balders, what do you mean, its set in the standard Cinestar fashion. 2 front legs point towards the center and the rear leg points towards the back.

Cheers

Andy

Balders

Quote from: andycoates on Thursday,December 20, 2012, 11:54:37
Hi Balders, what do you mean, its set in the standard Cinestar fashion. 2 front legs point towards the center and the rear leg points towards the back.

Cheers

Andy

Oh right, sorry, didn';t realise that...just makes it look like weight wouldn';t be equally balanced when it';s sat on the ground...
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

andycoates

Yeah, it does look a little odd in first glance I think it';s that way to help keep the legs out of the way when a camera is mounted.

Andy

andycoates

Well im finally home but no chance of testing because of, rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain!

Pah!

Gaza07

Typical thats all its done here so much it almost flooded me shed  :rolleyes:  :banghead:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

andycoates

Ah no,has anything been damaged with the floods?
Silly English Weather!

Finally got the Hex out again today and a successful morning!

Pete, i tried using the aux to adjust the gains but it was difficult as the Aux knob is so sensitive. In the end i just manually slowly increased the Attitude gains, taking off landing and adjusting, its pretty sweet stable and responsive now.

Thanks for your help, in the end i ended up with:
Basic:  175, 125, 175, 175
Attitude: 82, 82

Next step is to braid/sleeve the wiring!
Oh and ill get some build images together!

Andy