Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 07:32:06

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Biffa's Bixler 2.1

Started by Biffa, Thursday,August 07, 2014, 15:59:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Biffa

Having crashed my first Bixler to the point of it flying like a bag of frogs I needed a new airframe.

I have rebuilt this one slightly differently adding more carbon to the fuze to stiffen the tail and repositioned the electrics somewhat. removed the power module as it was useless so will just  revert back to timing my flights.

Flown today for the first time I have to say it flies OK but seems a little underpowered so may swap out the motor at some point.

Hopefully get out early one morning to double check that the APM is working as required then I shall finish my antennas and start FPVing it.

Steve

nub

looks good Biffa, looking forward to seeing it in action :smiley:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Biffa

Quote from: nub on Thursday,August 07, 2014, 16:11:37
looks good Biffa, looking forward to seeing it in action :smiley:

Cheers matey ~~

I think I will have to rejigger the Mobius as in 1080 you can';t see much other than sky :rolleyes:

Elevator needs tweaking a little too.
Steve

DarkButterfly

How are you joining the two halves of the fuze?
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

Biffa

Quote from: DarkButterfly on Thursday,August 07, 2014, 17:11:04
How are you joining the two halves of the fuze?

I used the supplied HobbyKing glue ~~
Steve

Biffa

Couple of stills from the video

Steve

Oakie

Yay, it';s in the air!

Nice shot the first one, are they old quarry lakes and new ones being excavated in the back ground?

is that after trimming and lowering the cam?

Paul
Only when one looses sight of your toy does FPV become fun and against legislation already in place.

Biffa

Two old quarry pits ~~

There';s loads around here because of the Brickworks and what not. The two in the picture now belong to a fishing syndicate and do hold quite a few large specimen fish. No more being excavated though as London Brick is now long gone from here.

I am sorting the Mobius mount at the moment, just waiting on glue to dry. So those were taken with it pointing nose up slightly.
Steve

Oakie

Cool.

The canal I am on was built to take bricks into London from Slough, the M/T boats brought all the waist from London to land fill.....

So from slough in is land fill both sides.

Think I would have prefered a nice lake like yours.....

paul
Only when one looses sight of your toy does FPV become fun and against legislation already in place.

Biffa

Yeah there';s plenty of lakes and pits around Bedford.

I';m guessing you';re on the Grand Union?
Steve

Oakie

Yep in Iver on the slough arm. The missis is at cardington for a couple weeks, she went had a wonder round the big bum they have floating in there...... Its Massive!

Biffa

I can almost see the hangers from my house ~~
Steve

XH558

Yes I felt mine was underpowered after I added the GoPro up front - so after I had repaired all the breaks because it ';arrived'; a bit too hard on it';s first launch and broke up  :embarrassed I upgraded the motor and built it outside the normal power power pod on the ';extender'; HK provide

I then added a bigger prop and have just ';re-maidened'; it and it flys beautifully now - I also added one of the orange 3 axis flight stabiliser/receiver units and that';s very good - keeps it on an even keel really well.

I added the flaps - because I could - and when landing I completely forgot I had them and it still glides very well :)

On a learning point - for me - I had to do some research on why the motor is on such an acute angle when extended - it made no sense to my eyes - and I now see it is actually intended that, because its a pusher and the motor is so close to the C of G, the motor thrust line points down through the centre of gravity - which it does - to avoid offset thrust.
This hobby is amazing ...learning, learning - all the time learning  :rolleyes: :azn
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Oakie

Cool, apparently all the land north of both hangers is to be built on for housing.

both hangers are owned by different individuals, one';s a drummer, the other sound engineer, of sorts, the sound engineer paid a quid for it, but had to agree on an 8 million spend doing up the outside......

when i saw you photo i thought the same, why at such an angle to air frame....