Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 09:35:10

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

amp2.5 bixler build.

Started by guest2350, Thursday,July 03, 2014, 19:52:16

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2350

I had always wanted a plane, but I didn';t want to buy one which I would be afraid to crash. I did once have an IC trainer but never got the time to fly it, so I sold it on.
Now I have bought a bixler, I had a spare apm2.5 laying about and thought I needed to do it.
I have had this project planned for weeks but the quads have taken up most of my time but after seeing biffa`s, it got me in the mood!  ~~

As I had bought the ARTF version, space was very tight, I didn';t want to cram all the electronics under the canopy so I decided to have a look what the kit version looked like before it was assembled.
This gave me a good idea where all the structural points were on the fuselage.
I notice there was quite a void just under the wing section between where the screws go in to hold the wings in place.
there was also another void just behind it where I planned to mount the radio.

When I shone a light through the fuselage foam, I could see where it would be best to cut the hatches. I cut them with a taper so they wouldn';t fall in. I may just glue them up even once everything is working and put together.
It`s got a way to go before it is finished, but here is a couple of pics to give you an idea.

Biffa

I learned from my Radjet, always buy the kit version ~~
Steve

guest2350

Quote from: Biffa on Monday,July 07, 2014, 19:59:12
I learned from my Radjet, always buy the kit version ~~
lol, wish I did now  :tongue:  :laugh:
I might need some advice from you on this too..
ive got it all built up with amp2.5, orangelrs, er9x but my rudder seems to move the wrong way to stick commands, even when I reverse it in mission planner. however it does move the right way according to gyros..  :tongue:
I need to take a proper look at it, I`m spending way too much time on other things at the moment lol.

XH558

It IS a lovely big void - so I just cut one big hatch so I could attach the aileron and flap leads easily when joining the wings  :azn ;)

David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

mutley2

Hey Jamie, you got your ground station/tracker sorted for this badboy???

guest2350

not yet mate, still gathering bits for the disco. I have been tempted to get the eagle eyes kit though. It';s something to work on with my ardustation. I also need to get some 3dr radios to get it all going properly.
All time and money lol
The bixler is on the back burner for the time being as I want to get the disco to where I want it, it';s about 95% there, then I';ll concentrate on the bixler because I can';t wait to get that in the air.
I';ve got a new vtx and two 2200 3s batteries on the way for it. It is at least fly - -able but I want it complete with osd, telemetry etc before I hit the sky with it  :evil .... Maybe I should learn to fly it Los first haha!

mutley2

You can spread yourself too thin, good to start and finish a craft and then move on to the next plane/multi-rotor.
The Disco is truly a great flying machine, get it sorted and flying for the end of the summer  ~~

Hands0n

I';d second that re the Disco, although I';ve gone my own way with FC, Motors, ESC and OSD :rofl: so its really just the air frame itself that is genuine.  It flies wonderfully well, great as in FPV or LOS and whether or not using it as a camera ship or something a bit more "sporty".   And thats with uber-cheap EMax motors and Afro ESC - no 15-day burn-ins for me ::)
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

guest2350

Hands0n

Quote from: jamie16v on Tuesday,August 05, 2014, 19:54:57
Similar story to me Danny....

And ... spookily even as similar ... I have a mostly-built Bixler2 sitting in my study waiting for its maiden. I was going to fit an APM in it, and have one now to do just that. So your build is as exciting as it is interesting to me.  Although I do plan to maiden it without any automation fitted and progress to that later, assuming I don';t end up with a pile of polystyrene balls and some mangled electronics :rofl:

So, I wait here with bated breath to see how you get on with your flying yours ~~  :popcorn:
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Biffa

Mine is all ready for it';s maiden ~~
Steve

dp106

Quote from: Hands0n on Tuesday,August 05, 2014, 20:23:01
And ... spookily even as similar ... I have a mostly-built Bixler2 sitting in my study waiting for its maiden. I was going to fit an APM in it, and have one now to do just that. So your build is as exciting as it is interesting to me.  Although I do plan to maiden it without any automation fitted and progress to that later, assuming I don';t end up with a pile of polystyrene balls and some mangled electronics :rofl:

So, I wait here with bated breath to see how you get on with your flying yours ~~  :popcorn:
Definitely the way to start, easier to fly with all the extra jallop on it and not so expensive to rebuild after a crash :-)

guest2350