Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 00:14:33

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Aeroxcraft VTR125 Tilt & Roll Gimbal for Sony Nex5N

Started by VinHex, Monday,December 17, 2012, 08:03:42

Previous topic - Next topic

VinHex

Well Gimbal arrived yesterday and must say great work Rob Aeroxcraft unit is very well build.  Bad news! Wife brought it for me for Christmas and I can';t have it until then....  :wack0
Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

Gaza07

Look forward to seeing some pictures and seeing how you get on with it, it like being as kid waiting for your toys for xmas all over again  :rofl:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

mickyt

Hi Vin thats a very nice gimbal just checked it out online wish i had a partner who would buy me nice toys lol let us know how you get on with it  ~~
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Balders

Looking at possibly getting a nex 7 so very interested in how this turns out.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

VinHex

Will do all, fitting GoPro-3 Silver on it but might chuck the NEX5n as well just to see...  Or I might just leave it on the mantel piece because it';s become to expensive to fly...  :frantic:  :rofl:
Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

Balders

Just checked out the gimbal online...didn';t realise it was 400 quids worth!  :blink

Think that may be a little way off for me just yet :)

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

mickyt

You whole hexa is pricey lol may as well stick the gimbal on it now go the whole hog lol ~~
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

VinHex

Misses worked out what I spent on it over the months and said now she wants a car lol x yea right need the money for carbon core lol
Vin,

mickyt

Ha ha ha quality but she will get her car either that or your gonna be sleeping with a cricket box on  :laugh:

VinHex

Well got all the kit now it';s time to bolt together..... Will send up some images of completed and hopefully weather permitting get a video on as well....
Vin,

Balders

Nice one Vin, as previously said, looking at the Nex7, so very interested to see how this performs.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

VinHex

Will do fellor my time scheduled later today will keep you up to date
Vin,

VinHex

Well just got around to adding not wired yet, need to get some cable. But! Weighs 2.7 with all kit and 3.3 battery and 2.95 with 5.0 battery running over 2.4 recommended..

Vin,

mickyt

Come on Vin where';s the vid of it in action then  ::)

VinHex

Just took the bird out for a test flight in back garden, must say she';s running just under 2.8k and needed a lot or power to lift.  I';m getting a hot motor on the front which maybe due to COG. Not confident that the unit will handle the weight at the moment.  Going to do some more checks with COG and see what happens.  I';m now thinking maybe motor upgrade time as well as moving up to 4S which means more wiring changes.  If this is the case then new frame may come into play here.

Will keep you posted. 

Gimbal works fine just weight issues.
Vin,

VinHex

Strange but true...  Just flew with 5.0 3S which added more weight 2.9Kg and no hot motor.  Looks like COG as 3.3 3S was not levelling out weight like 5.0. 

Maybe ok, but still gingerly flying for moment..  Will charge battery to full and get time and hopefully a video off GoPro.
Vin,

mickyt

Hi Vin happy new year matey, that hexa has put on  a little weight over Christmas, that carbon core is looking ever closer lol what motors you gonna look into getting if you go that route first. ~~

VinHex

Hi Mick,
happy new buddy. Looking into Tiger motors seem to have a good rep as well as fit onto F550 but then comes the choice NEW frame carboncores do look tempting.  Only managed to get 3 min flying today due to bad weather over the holidays GUTTED but hey, hopefully will get a good weekend in at some point. 
Vin,

mickyt

Hi Vin yes ive seen a lot of these use tiger motors, as you said they have a good rep. well ill watch this space to see what the outcome will be, as for the weather yeah its been pant';s i managed 40 min';s today but it was cold here and breezy too so i kept it low hopefully you';ll get some good weather your way how is the gimble performing the vid you posted i couldnt open it?

VinHex

Here is a couple of videos showing pre-flight test and flight with S3 5000 Battery.  She is flying like a bumble bee at the moment so need to look into gains as well as motor upgrade if needed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=htW3qodXYXA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k29n0O0zVtU
Vin,

mickyt

Hey that gimbal works a treat mate ~~ so video';s from alttitude no longer a problem look forward to seeing some

Gaza07

Looks great Vin looks like you almost got room to fly around your kitchen  ~~
I wonder if they got the gimble idea from watching a chicken  :rofl:

http://youtu.be/L9jhWTrv9rY
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

VinHex

Vin,

VinHex

Time for a frame and motor upgrade.  She';s on her way.
Vin,