Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 00:25:28

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

fpv range

Started by mickyt, Tuesday,December 04, 2012, 20:53:01

Previous topic - Next topic

mickyt

Hi Guy';s what sort of range are getting from you FPV setups? Some equipment I';ve seen require';s a ham lice :hmm:nce.
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Jumpy07

25mw is the max legal power in Uk for 5.8ghz..    prob 200m max  range

Anything over 25mw requires a ham license, for example the standard Fatshark tx is 250mw

Decent Circular polarised antennas make a big difference, as does an antenna tracker with panel antennas

But as you legally have to fly line of sight in UK.. then you will be ok with 25mw

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

mickyt

I do have a ham licence, but not sure if is be covered by it as an M6 licence I';ve not been active for a few year so I';m out of touch with licence conditions
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Balders

to be honest (notice...illegal info coming up!!) I doubt you';ll find anyone who actually uses legal kit.  Put it this way, the transmitter for your model is pushing out probably more power than the legal limit anyway, just at 2.4ghz rather than 5.8

Personally, I run a 600mw 5.8 system on my Dx6i various aircraft, and a 500mw 2.4ghz video system on my uhf stuff.

I get over 2km';s on both setups reasonable comfortably with patch antennas...I';m exploring the limits of spironets at the moment on the 5.8 stuff...got to failsafe range on the dx6i/naza, put it that way (about 1km)
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

mickyt

Hi Balders I didn';t want to ask but you have sort of answered the un asked question lol we messed around with pmr radio 500mw we could transmit I think the best range we managed was 60 miles with none standard antennas. Id like to get into fpv eventually as it does look like the only to fly although I';d think some would disagree.

Balders

Quote from: mickyt on Tuesday,December 04, 2012, 21:57:38
Hi Balders I didn';t want to ask but you have sort of answered the un asked question lol we messed around with pmr radio 500mw we could transmit I think the best range we managed was 60 miles with none standard antennas. Id like to get into fpv eventually as it does look like the only to fly although I';d think some would disagree.

I wouldn';t disagree...I LOVE fpv :)

Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

mickyt

I hope to experience fpv after Xmas once I';ve saved enough ~~

VinHex

Was thinking of applying myself but after a number of searches I found that HAM licenses in the UK don';t really mean anything for FPV';ers,  although HAM users are allowed to use tx';s with higher output power on allocated frequencies just for HAM users there not for "Airborne " systems.

Vin..
Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

mickyt

Hi Vin you pop up all over the place good to see you here as well as over there lol I have not checked my licence conditions so do know what the crack is re power limits for licensed ham operators but as you said a good antenna system can make a hell of a difference even at 25 mw';s  as well always say in radio it';s your antenna that makes a station not the radio

VinHex

Hey Mick yep always looking around for what';s going on I the multirotor would lol. How';s the fpv going. Missis has just brought me go pro and gimbal for crimbo but won';t let me have it until then lol.  GUTTED! but hey holidays are coming
Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

homersainty

Quote from: mickyt on Tuesday,December 04, 2012, 21:27:00
I do have a ham licence, but not sure if is be covered by it as an M6 licence I';ve not been active for a few year so I';m out of touch with licence conditions

from wot i have been reading you are probably better off without a license as then you could try and clam ignorance ham license only allows you to transmit form the ground and not the air( under any circumstance';s )
If you find yourself in danger of being taken seriously, then try to do something which undermines or sabotages that perception in some way.

Gav

I don';t go to far out with Futaba T7C 2.4GHz stock  radio.  Mainly because I cannot set a RTH failsafe  with my limited receiver failsafe, only reduced thottle failsafe (for radio off or signal loss).  My video is good for much longer range, so have lots margin on that.   Looking at a Turnigy 9x now which can accomodate normal 2.4ghz tx modules or longer range UHF.  But I find flying a max of 2 fields away is more than enough for me, so might just stick with what I have got to save cash.  With FPV it is good practice to start with a minimal setup and bolt on extra gear if you really want it / saved up for it lol.

mickyt

I';m a bit reluctant to buy anything at the moment I';m concerned about this malarkey with the BBC thing I heard about I didn';t see it but someone said that they want to licence the use of these machines because of people kicking off over privacy is this correct?

Gav

naaaa get out and fpv :)

homersainty

Quote from: Gav on Sunday,December 16, 2012, 12:29:26
naaaa get out and fpv :)

yer man get out there and fpv thay will have to lock me up before ill stop its a buzz
If you find yourself in danger of being taken seriously, then try to do something which undermines or sabotages that perception in some way.