Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 23:37:21

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Help setting up needed

Started by helinut, Tuesday,December 11, 2012, 18:38:08

Previous topic - Next topic

helinut

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-450-GPS-NAVIGATED-6-AXIS-QUADCOPTER-MULTICOPTER-FOR-FPV-DSM2-BNF-NEW-BUILT-UK-/150961563696?
:help:

Had this delivered today, i have the arduino flight planner software installed on my computer and the quad is connected, im using a dx7 tx which is a new one and so am new to it, can anyone advise me on what i need to do, its def more complicated to a noob
thanks in advance
:notworthy:

Jumpy07

Advert says Cruis AIO.. and looking at the advert I  assume is MegePirateNG

Advert also says its setup, so will assume it is and the ESC';s have been calibrated..

So if so (big if), then all you should have to do is bind your radio and calibrate it... have you tried this ?

Craig
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

helinut

I have binded it, the main issue I have is I have no idea what servos should be reversed or normal, I';m used to a simple dx6i and this is so different to a heli I';m even unsure whether to set model as heli or acro lol, thanks for responding craig

Jumpy07

Ok.. TX needs to be in Plane mode..

To get started you only need 4 channels connected..  check these in mission planner and make sure each stick is on the right channel...  (Radio Calibration),  once your sure they are.. then calibrate the radio (follow the on screen instructions)

Mode 2 should look like this

If the quad is setup as it says.. then you shouldnt need to do anymore to get flying... if it isnt then you will need to do some more.. but lets cross the bridge when we need to.

Let  me know when you have done this..

helinut

Craig, tx is now calibrated,  thanks again, what';s next?

Jumpy07

You shoud be able to have a test then...

Do a pre flight check.. batt charged... cheack props are all tight etc etc etc (set ur LIPO Alarm )

Then take it outside .. grass preferably... big open space.. make sure its facing away from you and stand back 5m

Arm the FC  (Throttle Down to Right for a few Secs) .. move the throttle up.. just enough not to take off.. and check orientation.. ie: Yaw turns the quad round and roll and pitch operates as it should (pitch is easy to get reversed.. )

If all is well try some small hovers... you might need to trim the sticks..

Big warning though.. this could all go wrong if its not been setup by the sellers as per the advert

helinut

Well heres me hoping it has been set up as he said lol I will take it to work tmoro and have a test,

Thanks again

:notworthy:

helinut

Pain ain';t I lol

What are the flight modes section below the radio calibration?

Jumpy07

IF ther props were off .. make sure they are on right for rotation...

Best of luck with the first flight..

Jumpy07

Wouldnt worry about the flight modes at the moment.. walk before you run..

PS: Hope you have spare props .. as you will get through a lot... also worth balancing them

helinut

:laugh: I';d better order some more props then, running before I can walk has always been my problem, maybe that';s why I';ve found helis too expensive
Thanks again craig

helinut

hi jumpy,

had a fly and all is as she should be even had a brief indoor go to test the flight cam yep its pants :lol: anyway re connection to mission planner the usb port is broken and un fixable so i have a crius bt adaptor which when plugged in i connected to computer yet could not connect to mission planner, i have the bt config sofftware installed, please help

Jumpy07

Good news.. glad u got it going..

BT should work.. do you have the PC and BT adapter paired ?  ..    depends on your software to be honest.. Does the PC see the Bluetooth serial port I take it ?.. you can check in device manager.. (Pairing code is normally 1234 or 0000)

Bluetooth is a pain on most PC';s.. much better with 3DR radios.. so I don';t use it much for my FC';s

There is a small chance you may need to cut a track on the board depending on what';s damaged.. but would try a bit more before getting into that..