Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 21:00:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

a leap into fpv

Started by mickyt, Monday,December 10, 2012, 12:39:05

Previous topic - Next topic

mickyt

Ok guy';s and gal';s your opinion';s having just been out in the cold slighty breezy and bright morning for 50 mins of playing around i have just seen how easy it is to lose orientation of my hexa, i didnt crash but remained calm and just played around untill i got it back in the right direction. I have read it is easier to fly fpv as your geting a birds eye view or cockpit view and not having to worry about reversing things when flying towards yourself? would you agree with that or not? :hmm: and if so as a newbie what gear would you advise on getting if were you buying with a guesstimate budget of around £400.00 to possibly play with plug and play preferably, cheer';s for now.

Mick
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Jumpy07

Agree the orientation issue is not a problem as your always looking forward..

To start with.. keep it simple..  would recommend Attitude SD Fatshark kit, comes with Video TX, RX in headset, balance power cable adapter, you will need to buy a battery as its not supplied..... and a camera..  best with a 5vcamera  to keep the wiring simple.

Also recommend getting a set of Spiro Antennas.. as they make a huge difference..

OSD would be recommend, but not necessity to start with.. simple voltage one would do.. more advanced OSD recommendation would depend on what FC you have.. some are plug and play some are standalone.. 

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/video-goggles-screens/fat-shark-attitude-sd-video-goggles

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/accessories/fatshark-7.4v-1000mah-battery

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/cameras/1g-nano-520tvl-camera

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/antennas/5.8ghz/immersionrc-5.8ghz-antenna-set-2-antennas
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

mickyt

Hi Jumpy,thanks for your advice  i have the naza gps fc on board and  i wouldnt be flying to far to start with so as you say a basic osd to start with would do  ~~ 
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Jumpy07

mickyt

i think the second osd is worth a look for what your getting in the display and its not bad on price either, ok hers the silly question being a newbie how do i power this lot i run a 4s 5000mah battery do  i use a seperate battery? :embarrassed

Jumpy07

Quote from: mickyt on Monday,December 10, 2012, 14:36:36
i think the second osd is worth a look for what your getting in the display and its not bad on price either, ok hers the silly question being a newbie how do i power this lot i run a 4s 5000mah battery do  i use a seperate battery? :embarrassed

The video TX will run off the 4s (6-16v)  the camera (5v) will power off the video TX..

The OSD needs 12v.. so run it off a BEC  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEC-3A-12V-4S-8S-For-FPV-RC-Multicopter-Helicopter-Airplane-Car-/150951967305?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2325703a49

You already have a large batt.. so would avoid adding another one..

Would also recommend an LC filter as well  as will filter out any noise from ESC..  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LC-Common-Mode-Power-Filter-LC-filter-JST-connectors-RC-FPV-/261122287074?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item3ccc19e5e2

mickyt

ok just purchased the bec and filter  is the fat shark attitude sd  picture quality good ive never looked through anything like this i heard the cheaper base model wasnt all that.

Jumpy07

There is an HD version of the Goggles due for a release next year.. but no firm date.. not sure if its worth waiting tbh

The Fatshark model range is confusing..  the Attitude SD is the latest model.. and includes headtracker btw

To be honest it wasn';t as good as I was expecting.. the limiting factor will be the camera and the quality of the light though..   

Problem with Goggles is depth of field perception.. is like learning to fly all over again btw

mickyt

yeah confused some say dominators others attitude sd but if its like learning to fly agian then ill be ok as im learning anyway lol and ive heard so many say there';s nothing else like it its the only way to fly

Rappy Freak

I have a set of the Dominators and think they are great.  I have not done many FPV flights but it is fantastic.  I am having a bit of trouble moving around in the air on FPV. Think I just need to get on with it next time I am flying lol. 
To me I find it a bit odd when you are facing yourself while flying, not sure why  :huh  However it is a great feeling to be flying FPV.  If we have any good weather over Christmas and you are free you are welcome to pop over and have a look at the gear I a using  ;)
SkyNet shall rise!!!!!!

mickyt

Hi Rappy Freak i have trouble moving around without goggles on lol still learning the ropes although i had mine up about 60ft today playing around with the altitude and gps didnt pluck up the courage to turn the radio off and test the return to home lol. ive spoken to a few people on the other forum and they find flying fpv easier than flying watching  the quad im hoping to master both in time  ~~

jimmygixxer

Quote from: mickyt on Monday,December 10, 2012, 17:41:20
Hi Rappy Freak i have trouble moving around without goggles on lol still learning the ropes although i had mine up about 60ft today playing around with the altitude and gps didnt pluck up the courage to turn the radio off and test the return to home lol. ive spoken to a few people on the other forum and they find flying fpv easier than flying watching  the quad im hoping to master both in time  ~~

Hi Mickt
How you getting on with the fat shark attitude kit ?
Im looking to purchase the kit in the next couple of days.
Thanks
Jimmy

mickyt

Hi Jimmy yeah the fat shark kit is well worth it i love flying with the goggles on and glad i took the leap into fpv, it takes a little while to get used too but once your familiar with it its bloody brilliant. Keep me posted on how you get on mate ~~