Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 16:40:54

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

MikroCopter - anyone have any experience with their gear?

Started by dani_r, Sunday,December 09, 2012, 01:42:52

Previous topic - Next topic

dani_r

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with MikroCopter rigs?

I';ve been watching their product videos, reading their write-ups and it certainly looks impressive! Their systems tied in with the Graupner radio gear/telemetry is a market leader for sure?

I';m looking for a good future proof setup and this seems to fit the bill. But obviously that comes at a price once you add Tx, ground station and payload etc.

Any input much appreciated :)

Balders

Hi mate,

Have you had a look over on this section...

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php/topic,356.0.html

I';ve posted a few video';s of my mate';s mikrocopter.

His was bought already assembled/configured through Buzzflyer I believe, and yes, he did pay an awful lot of money for it, having said that it is a very nicely put together piece of kit, although for far less you can put just as capable a machine in the air.

He is on Graupner, and a nice system it is too (as you';d expect). Telemetry etc seems very good, although only being used to feed back battery warnings I think so far.

If you have any specific questions, I';ll do my best to answer them.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

dani_r

Hi mate,

Cheers for your feedback :)

What I like about the MK setup is that it seems very user friendly with regards to setup, GPS, waypoint etc. there also seems to be good product backup which is important.

I';m looking at the OktoXL at the moment with all the bells and whistles, and as you can imagine the bill soon adds up! Even going for a different frame with the WooKong gear is going to be about the same price as an OktoXL from MK with their own stabilisation gear inside.

Am I correct in thinking that the MK controller has camera gimbal stabilisation already on board? As compared to say a different system where it would need a standalone unit such as skyline package for example.

Also, their telemetry system seems very very impressive and could certainly be useful!

If it were you, and you wanted what I want in terms of payload capability, GPS and waypoint, failsafe, RTH and telemetry, what would you personally go for?

That';s an open question to anyone as the more information the better :)

Cheers.

Balders

The killer word in that lot is "waypoint"...as soon as you want to do waypoints, you are into big figures...

I am putting a budget/parts list together myself for a comparable size airframe which will be using Naza with GPS.  The naza obviously can control a gimbal too which I';ve had some good results out of.

I';m not massively familiar with the mikrocopter software, I didn';t think it could do waypoints, although I might be wrong. And yes, it does control the gimbal built in.  You actually have to reset the gimbal prior to taking off...it won';t let you take off unless you calibrate the gimbal.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

dani_r

Quote from: Balders on Sunday,December 09, 2012, 17:29:19
The killer word in that lot is "waypoint"...as soon as you want to do waypoints, you are into big figures...

I am putting a budget/parts list together myself for a comparable size airframe which will be using Naza with GPS.  The naza obviously can control a gimbal too which I';ve had some good results out of.

I';m not massively familiar with the mikrocopter software, I didn';t think it could do waypoints, although I might be wrong. And yes, it does control the gimbal built in.  You actually have to reset the gimbal prior to taking off...it won';t let you take off unless you calibrate the gimbal.

I';d be keen to know what you come up with! Has your friend with the MK unit signed up to the forum? I';d be keen to have a chat with him and see what his thoughts are. Do you know what setup/extras he went with?

Balders

I don';t think he';s signed up yet, he';s an extremely busy guy, and I don';t think he has a huge amount of time for forums...I don';t mean that in a funny way ;)

I suspect this is the package he bought, albeit with Graupner Tx. The gimbal looks the same.

http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/MikroKopter/MikroKopter-Hexacopter-XL-RTF/p-166-2022/

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified