Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,December 14, 2019, 05:35:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
02 Dec 2019 20:03:50
Only if the battery is fully charged, leak a few volts and it'll be fine.......
Andy7:
02 Dec 2019 17:19:55
If yo fly a Mavic Mini and get over a gramme of mud on it, do you have to register it?  :rofl:
hoverfly:
02 Dec 2019 08:38:56
Not a problem i've had a body mod, I think of Jean Harlow naked on a trampoline  and the new antenna  extends automatically..   :whistling:
Andy7:
29 Nov 2019 17:17:37
That'll play hell with your FPV signal. :rofl:
hoverfly:
29 Nov 2019 17:10:20
Won't get me i'm wearing my tin foil hat... :wack0
Andy7:
29 Nov 2019 14:19:03
Because GOVERNMENT SPY DRONES are watching us! :frantic:
hoverfly:
29 Nov 2019 11:41:22
BBC News this am ..only 50% of people have registered  for the  CAA  scheme.. If people haven't registered  how do they know it's 50%.. :shrug:
ched:
28 Nov 2019 20:16:14
Very very quiet. I am missing chatting :-( Must be the weather....
Gaza07:
25 Nov 2019 08:28:26
Forums very quiet  :shrug:
ched:
18 Oct 2019 11:25:16
Sounds good yama. Would love to see some images. 3d models sound cool too
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197223
  • Total Topics: 19889
  • Online Today: 55
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35

Theme Changer

thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Mini Copter Specification Comparison

Started by Paulham, Monday,June 23, 2014, 16:01:30

Previous topic - Next topic

sevet

Added my Kim250Pro MiniAPM build.

After testing zippy compact 25C batteries I landed on the Multirotorsuperstore 2200mAh 35C which are awesome!! now I have 4 and one lumniar 2250 35C which is almost the same.

All Mini APM / APM users on a Mini frame notice that the devs fixed something starting with 3.2-rc5 for the minis which I can now auto tune and it behaves better, for this to work you have to change the LPF to 42hz.

They also added Expo to the Acro mode, only low medium and high, I set it to high with the highest rate of 10, its almost as good as it is with setting the expo on the 9XR to 80%.

tony

added my set-up to the list the length in flight times is very interesting ive hovered for over 8 mins 8 mins 20 sec but i only every hoon about and i set my timer for 4 mins that gives me 1 min to get home and land i like to leave 30 to 40% in the battery';s for extra battery life but at 5 quid a pop im not sure why

DebianDave

Don';t mind 5 min hoons with my 250, I am usually a wreck after 5 minutes, assuming I haven';t stacked it  ::)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

Paulham

Has anyone noticed voltage sag using zippy compact batteries? (mine are 1500mah 3S zippy compact)

Ive been keeping an eye on the battery voltage through the FrSky telemetry on the taranis, flying along the voltage sits at 10.1v most of the time. It also works out the cell voltage so i set a voltage alarm to 3.4 volts and it was going off constantly.

I moved it down to 3.3v now, so that it doesnt keep telling me low voltage but i dont think the voltage sag is right.

flybywire

THat';s why those kind of alarms are flawed at best.  As the cells get older, they will drop voltage more and more, thus triggering a false positive.  I use Zippy compacts on all my craft now, price/value/reliability wise they can';t be beaten (somebody else will tell me they can!  but I';m sticking with what I know).
I think you';ll find relying on voltage is not a good way to gauge remaining flight time.  You need to use a blended method, i.e mAh used/remaining on osd/timer and good old human guess work!
If I brought my multi';s in relying on voltage alone, I';d still have 40% decent British mAh';s remaining after (10 or so cycles).
Blog: http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Paulham

Yeah I use a timer set on the throttle. I know to come back and land for 6 mins. Once it starts to count down from 30seconds I make my way home and land.

Usually leaves the cells at 3.7v resting

tupoar

I personally find that if you';re using a 20-25c battery on a mini quad then forget about the low voltage alarm. It';ll do your nut in. I now run my Zippy';s for about 6 mins tops which still leaves me about 30% left.
A new way of buying and selling RC Gear.

www.rcmungo.com

Craft: RE Decker 180, RE X1, HK Thorax, Hubsan X4, Q4
FC: Naze32, Flip32, Sparky, CC3D, SP Racing F3
VRX: RCD T-Box - 40 Channel Diversity

Hands0n

Ha! Ditto. 

I have the voltage alarm set to 3.5v and it will sound off by about 5 minutes.  If I land immediately i find that the voltage at rest returns to 3.7v - 3.8v.   So my norm is to use the remaining 60 seconds from alarm sounding to bring the mini-H quad back in to land. 

I';ve got my TX set to 5 mins timer, same deal, as soon as it sounds then I start work on bringing the quad back in to land.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

kilby

I would also point out that the alarms (and separate battery testers) are not always the most accurate devices in the world.

Had one that was reading low by 25% and 27% so work out how much goes back into your better per recharge (combined with a decent better tester) then set a timer on your transmitter
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

Paulham

I guess i missed off quite a important category, Cell count!
Im thinking to upgrade from 3S to 4S so i checked the spreadsheet to get ideas but we havent put the cell count down.

Ill add it on, if you see this message can you update the sheet?

Can anyone recommend a motor for 4S?

Cheers

Paulham

Im thinking about getting rid of the RCX motors and upgrading to something a bit more powerful.
Do you think the sunnysky x2204 2300kv will be a good upgrade?

tupoar

A new way of buying and selling RC Gear.

www.rcmungo.com

Craft: RE Decker 180, RE X1, HK Thorax, Hubsan X4, Q4
FC: Naze32, Flip32, Sparky, CC3D, SP Racing F3
VRX: RCD T-Box - 40 Channel Diversity

nub

almost anything will be better than the rcx/zmr motors :laugh:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Hands0n

Quote from: nub on Tuesday,November 11, 2014, 22:33:14
almost anything will be better than the rcx/zmr motors :laugh:

You';ve not had much luck with those.  I';ve rcx/zmr 1804 and of late 1806 that have flown really well, and survived my whoopsies :o
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

nub

aye that';s true, they do the job better than nowt i suppose :smiley:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Hands0n

Indeed - although given that there are pennies difference I have moved over to the 1806 series (RCX and DYS), finding them much more powerful, although still with the same 2mm motor shaft. I';ve yet to break one of those - while now having three Emax motors irreparable for the same reason... bah. 
--
Danny

philtrum

Quote from: Hands0n on Wednesday,November 12, 2014, 09:41:50
Indeed - although given that there are pennies difference I have moved over to the 1806 series (RCX and DYS), finding them much more powerful, although still with the same 2mm motor shaft. I';ve yet to break one of those - while now having three Emax motors irreparable for the same reason... bah.

#
I think this is one reason emax bought out the 2204, with a 3mm shaft its a lot stronger where its key';d for the grub screw, plus more torque etc :D
Many Thanks
Phil
www.makeitbuildit.co.uk

DebianDave

Quote from: Hands0n on Wednesday,November 12, 2014, 09:41:50

I';ve stacked my BE1806 multiple times and broken everything else except the cheapest parts: the motors and the ZMR frame  :laugh:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

Revs

James.D

Brilliant idea, will add my quad details when I';ve got all specs

Nige

Added mine for all to laugh at how fat she is  :-/
Alien 500 AP Rig with APM 2.6
ZMR 250 w/ Acro Naze + Emax ESC + Motors DIY Quanum FPV goggles.
Pink lobster 230 quad full Naze, DYS motors & ESC

James.D

Quote from: Nige on Thursday,January 29, 2015, 20:36:35
Added mine for all to laugh at how fat she is  :-/

bet ya mine will beat yours in the fat class  :rofl:

teslahed

';micro titan airbot 2300kv'; are very similar to sunnyskies only they have a better build quality and a bit more power. They run smoother as well.

Get the ';lite'; versions unless you have a larger miniquad. There are two types. The heavier versions have replaceable prop adapters which probably isn';t worth the extra weight on smaller setups.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Raf

ched

Great spreadsheet, thanks. I haven';t bought my components yet alone built a quad but great to read real set-ups.
I see lots of people using the Naza and it got me thinking about expanding the spread sheet to include PID values.
Do you think there would be any value in PID values, plus comments on tweeking, along with flight mode? Might be useful for initial setup?
Anyway thanks for great thread and spreadsheet. Can';t wait to add mine :)
I try :-)

Paulham

Quote from: ched999uk on Tuesday,March 31, 2015, 13:02:54
Great spreadsheet, thanks. I haven';t bought my components yet alone built a quad but great to read real set-ups.
I see lots of people using the Naza and it got me thinking about expanding the spread sheet to include PID values.
Do you think there would be any value in PID values, plus comments on tweeking, along with flight mode? Might be useful for initial setup?
Anyway thanks for great thread and spreadsheet. Can';t wait to add mine :)

The default PID values on the naze will get you going, then go onto the cleanflight rcgroupd thread and checkout the shared pids vales on there.

I wouldnt want to clog up the spreadsheet any more, its quite packed as it is.

Cheers
Paul

Friskle

Quote from: flybywire on Monday,September 22, 2014, 11:11:30
THat';s why those kind of alarms are flawed at best.  As the cells get older, they will drop voltage more and more, thus triggering a false positive.  I use Zippy compacts on all my craft now, price/value/reliability wise they can';t be beaten (somebody else will tell me they can!  but I';m sticking with what I know).
I think you';ll find relying on voltage is not a good way to gauge remaining flight time.  You need to use a blended method, i.e mAh used/remaining on osd/timer and good old human guess work!
If I brought my multi';s in relying on voltage alone, I';d still have 40% decent British mAh';s remaining after (10 or so cycles).

totally agree, same on the Fixed wings, a few use alarms etc, yet when they land, they could actually have flown another 3 mins at least and still be safe with the battery, you cant beat trial and error imho.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

Tim2100

I have just seen this.  Great idea.  I have added mine on the bottom.
PeasantCopter, plus others.

Revs

Friday,October 02, 2015, 15:00:38 #58 Last Edit: Friday,October 02, 2015, 15:05:57 by Revs
I';ve just added both my ZMR250';s and Trifecta to the list :)