Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 08:02:21

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Anyone live here York?

Started by Vidal, Monday,December 03, 2012, 14:51:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidal

Hey guys

Anyone live near York? I';m a newbie and it would be great if I could come watch some one fly and pick there brains about quads.

Gaza07

Hi Vidal this is the perfect chance me to remind people about the members map, if you look across the black menu bar above the forum there is a members map button, Quite a few members have placed a pin on the map roughly where they are for this exact reason but not all, so I would just like to ask any members that haven';t done this yet to take the time to place a pin on the map where they live or some where near to it, so other members can see if there is anyone close to them and maybe send a PM asking for help  ~~

I';m pleased to see you have already placed your Vidal  ~~  :beer2:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Rappy Freak

I live in Ripon which is not far from York  ;)
SkyNet shall rise!!!!!!

Vidal

Hey Rappy Freek

Yeah rippon isn';t that far from me. Would be great if I could tag along some time on one of your outings. What do you fly? And do you  use FPV yet? I';m getting a Hubsan x4 for Xmas. It';s only a baby quad but will give me something to practice on while I build one.

Rappy Freak

Yes you can come over sometime for a bit of flying  ;)  Mainly weekends that I get out.  At the minute its most likely the racecourse that I will be flying.  I do have another site that I use out on the sticks but that one is mostly used when I am flying the helis (not done that for some time)

Just starting out in FPV and love it.  Finding it almost like learning to fly again  :laugh:

I am flying a Y6 Scorpion, that has full FPV on it.  Also a TBS Discovery, that has a GoPro 3 on it at the min and is waiting for an FPV system and I am building a CarbonCore 650 hexa which needs everything lol. 
SkyNet shall rise!!!!!!

Vidal

Three quads? That';s ace. Am very jealous. Lol. I can';t wait till I can fly FPV. I fly planes at the moment. But am getting a bit bored of them now.
You got any advise on good quads to get? Don';t have loads of cash at mo to splash out so looking for cheaper stuff for now. Then will upgrade FC and get FPV

Rappy Freak

The DJI Flame Wheel seem popular.  I think you can get a clone version.  Have a look on the HobbyKing website they have some not badly priced frames  ~~
SkyNet shall rise!!!!!!

Nytram

I';m going to Leeds to work for 2 months.. Your not that far...

andycoates

Hello! I live Newcastle, when I';m there, not really that far from Ripon either.

Nytram

Hi looks like I';m free this weekend, in now in Leeds I could come over, I';m not a expert but I have 3 ships right now.

Vidal

Hey Nytram

I';m not sure if your replying to me or Rappy freak.
I';m working Saturday and will be a bit hung over on sunday from my birthday night out. But I';m free Sunday from 11 till 1 if that';s any good? I dont have any quads yet so I will just be watching and chatting away to you. Asking hundreds of newbie questions. Lol. So if you fancy some company let me know. No worrys if not.

chipko

I used to be based fulltime on the outskirts of Leeds but now it';s just weekends that I am back in Yorkshire.  Otherwise I live in Bedford

It';d be great to havea  northern flying catchup since there';s a few of us nearby.

Nytram

I would be up for this... As I';m working up here for the next 2 months..