Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 14:27:20

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 24
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

New FatShark Goggles

Started by Jumpy07, Sunday,October 21, 2012, 17:08:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpy07

Anyone got the new Predators ?..     not sure what to buy, new 800x600 Fatsharks wont be out until next year.. and even at that they arent commiting to when..

I will be using them with a base station, I have a TX and RX allready with cloverleafs..    so a set of Base';s would be good..

Not sure wether to buy a set of new Predators or wait for the new models..

If anyone is selling theirs let me now.. might be interested..
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Gav

Getting myself some Dominators with 5.8GHz internal module. I got fed up squinting into my cheapo LCD glasses setup.  Immersion VTx next on the shopping list.  it never ends

Gav

Yah!  My dominators arrived today.  Got a 5.8ghz onboard rx module too.  Just need an immersion vtx now.  xmas has come early lol

Jumpy07

I ordered a new set of AttitudeSD';s today, they come with Headtracker, RX module fitted, battery and 250mw 5.8ghz TX..

Hopefully they should arrive tomorrrow..

Gav

Jumpy07

Gav

Jumpy07

Arrived this morning...but forgot to order the battery...duh

homersainty

jumpy you gona love them surprised simon did not get in touch with you about not ordering battery he did me  ::)
If you find yourself in danger of being taken seriously, then try to do something which undermines or sabotages that perception in some way.

Gav

Any 2s -3s 500 to 1000mah lipo will do.  solder to the supplied spare power connector that comes with the goggles. 

Jumpy07

Quote from: Gav on Saturday,November 03, 2012, 11:35:32
Any 2s -3s 500 to 1000mah lipo will do.  solder to the supplied spare power connector that comes with the goggles.

Thanks Gav, was going to make a lead to my TX and use the lipo in that.. have ordered the batt and some more leads this morning and need to change the TX on my hex.. so might as well wait until I get the right battery

Jumpy07

Heres what you get in the box with the new Fatshark Attitude SD goggles...

Note: No battery or charger.. also if you want to use the headtracker with your Turnigy 9x you need to buy the adapter.

Have scanned the manual.. see attachments

Jumpy07

As its too windy and wet to fly.. been messing about with the OSD and video out of the Fatsharks..  the Fatsharks have a 3.5mm socket.. that can either be used for video out or video in. When using the internal RX on the Goggles the 3.5mm socket is used for video out.  I have a small DVR that I plug into the fatsharks that enables me to record the transmitted video including the OSD...  small test below..     some work still to do on the OSD setup.. and I have not connected the FrSky RSSi line yet...

The FPV camera is a WDR 600Tvl, 5.8Ghz tx and the DVR is SD quality.. but the video you see on youtube is not far away from the quality you see in the Fatsharks..

OSD, Video TX Test, Fatshark Video Out to DVR

homersainty

i have had my attitude  goggles a a few weeks now and they have been great i only just found this out a few days ago
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23255152&postcount=102
and wow it makes a world of difference i had just picked the labels of until the other day
If you find yourself in danger of being taken seriously, then try to do something which undermines or sabotages that perception in some way.

Jumpy07

Yeah I did that as well first flight.. then thought something doesent look right.. they should come with a warning... one of mine was a sod to take off as well..

Smeagol

I haven';t even considered FPV at this stage, but these goggles really are impressive.

Gav

I';ve just received a VRX for my Dominator goggles, that receives video transmission from the BOSCAM or Hobbyking VTX';s.  No more cables for me now.  Just take quad, tranny n goggles for a fpv fly around.  Nice n'; minimal now and no need to cart my basestation case with me everytime (which is basically a lipo, av cables, VRX on a stick and a cheap ebay archos DVR).

With that IR lens filter removal do you know if that is the same for Dominator goggles too as I seem to be getting an excellent picture already?   I don';t really want to disturb anything internal in the goggs., but if it is easy and improves things more, then maybe.
Cheers
Gav

homersainty

gav i think its the same http://s1355.beta.photobucket.com/user/David_Sainty/media/doms-1.jpeg.html
these lenses had a sticker in them that was a pig to pull off of so and you dont use dipotler';s just take them out

VinHex

Must admit took me a long while to decide what to get but in the end went for Attitude setup from firstpersonview.  Amazed, such an easy nice setup...  Love em..
Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna