Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 08:39:33

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Questions about Naza Course lock function

Started by benchmark, Thursday,November 29, 2012, 12:06:41

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark

I have a the assigned a 3 position swith to  OFF- Courselock-  Homelock   IOC functions on my transmitter.

I usually start my quad with its nose pointing forward , in GPS mode and in Course lock.

Questions:

1. if i happen to lose the GPS signal while in Course lock what effects does it have on that function?

2. if i shut off my IOC functions to Off position and at some point switch it back to Course lock , will the recorded reference direction of the craft be the actual quads orientation at the point i re-activate the function or will it still be the original recorded position and GPS coordinates at first powerup?

3. Can i switch the craft from Course lock to home lock with a seconds notice if the craft is so far away that i suddenly loose my orientation? this may be useful to bring home the craft by just pulling the transmitter pin back towards me.

sausageroll

Hmm, good questions.

Course lock is handled by the compass, so it should not be effected by the GPS signal. The GPS has no idea which way the craft is facing obviously, it just knows where it is.

If you switch IOC off and back to course lock, I would think it would take its current position as forward. You may need to experiment or read up in the manual but im pretty sure it would not remember its orientation when it was first powered up.

Switching from course to home should be possible, again, you should experiment to see. When the hex is first powered it will record its home position for any RTH landings, and I assume it uses the same recorded position for the home lock IOC, so it should be able to switch around. Just remember that when you put it back into course lock, it will likely take its heading at the time to be the front.

Dont forget though that in times of panic, the RTH function can be used to bring it back. Regardless of orientation, or IOC settings, the RTH will always bring the thing flying back towards its start point. Once the thing is in controllable distance again you can knock it out of failsafe (I belive you do this by switching it between failsafe and GPS back and forth a few times) and then take control again. Or you could just watch it land itself, its very satisfying watching it land by itself.

Pete.