Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 04, 2020, 01:31:06

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

ched:
27 Mar 2020 21:41:51
We've been in self imposed lock down for last 2 weeks!!! March is going so slowly............................ More time to Whoop around the garden  :D
Gaza07:
27 Mar 2020 21:30:37
Self isolation since tuesday already feels like a month  :wack0
shawdreamer:
27 Mar 2020 12:06:05
YEEEESSSS, we finally have a viable excuse for locking boris johnson in a room by himself were he cant do anymore harm
ched:
24 Mar 2020 18:45:40
Don't bin your Thingiverse account you have lots of good stuff there. It will all quieten down in a few months.Just ignore the muppets as normal.  :D
shawdreamer:
24 Mar 2020 13:45:57
wow Im so binning my thingiverse account.... the amount of knobs hashtagging "covid19" on their just to get hits is just ridicules
dirtymojo69:
18 Mar 2020 05:49:28
how do we get to general discussion chatroom?
DarkButterfly:
17 Mar 2020 11:10:32
@badger1, When my quad got all muddy, a quick rinse under the hot tap, avoiding the electronics, got the worst of it off, then strip down and clean, quick repair to the VTx, it's all good again ~~
Skilloutx:
17 Mar 2020 06:37:19
Thank you for all the stories that come to experience in this place, which is very Dr.
badger1:
16 Mar 2020 19:12:55
last-flight-itis strikes again :(  no damage - just mud though.  :smiley:  unless the damage is under the mud   :angry:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197983
  • Total Topics: 19974
  • Online Today: 50
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50

Theme Changer

thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Problems with Crius board no more!!

Started by Paulham, Wednesday,May 28, 2014, 21:40:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulham

Since the start ive had a crius board and not had much luck with it. alt hold has always been good but i could never get the GPS to work at all! constantly trying to fly away at every opportunity. I thought it might be compass interference but i installed a external mag and it didnt help with the gps positioning (but simple mode did work)

I tried many of the MPNG firmwares available (never tried multiwii though) but all with their own problems, the newest version actually fell out of the sky (video below)

Last week i won a second hand ';3DR'; APM from ebay. the bloke confirmed to me in a ebay message that it was infact a genuine 3DR product from the USA and not a inferior ';Clone'; (he wanted me to give him a high offer).
Well i won it in auction for £75 and when it arrived i could see through the opaque case ';RCTimer';. I messaged the seller but he tried to call me a idiot for not realizing that the ';clone'; boards are just as good. i agree but its the principle, if i am told im getting a genuine article and i get a copy then its not right, expecially when i could have got a clone board with external mag gps from the uk for £60 or buy the same from china for £40! especially when he says he got it from the US compared to china.

Anyway, i got it setup and im finally got a quad which is holding its GPS position. After a year of trying you cant imagine how happy i am!

If your having problems with the crius boards, my advice is go get a APM 2.5 from china (£40 with gps)

georgiadesk

That might be what I end up doing. Got a cheaper kit from Goodluckbuy, http://www.goodluckbuy.com/locust-arf-quadcopter-frame-with-crius-v1-1-2-axis-gopro-3-aluminum-gimbal-for-fpv.html thinking that I could tinker and follow instructions to load the software and have a decently priced quad. First of all, it took a month or so to arrive, and it';s been 2 months of frustrations and challenges. First figuring out how to actually connect the board to the computer and upload code that didn';t have errors. Then modifying the PIDs so it didn';t crash right away. Then buying external compass. Then replacing blades and motors. Probably need new escs. Also the frame is not the best... And now the Crius board is not arming or connecting to APM.

Guess the phrase "you get what you pay for" is totally true. One good thing to glean from this is the learning. Instead of just reading, there is practical applications with trial and error. I understand a lot more about multi rotors now than I would if I just got a Phantom. Then again, I would also be able to fly and have fun...

So good idea on just ditching the Crius and getting apm 2.5. Might have to do that if I really can';t get my Crius working.