Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 02:33:53

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

EFPV Antenna Tracker! - Build Service

Started by andythilo, Saturday,May 24, 2014, 20:31:18

Previous topic - Next topic

andythilo

Hi

Following my build for a fellow FPV';er on Facebook, I';ve decided to offer my build services for anyone who would like one of these built. Now I should say, I can build anything so it';s not limited to the EFPV tracker, although it is a very nice tracker.

So, the tracker itself. It';s a 2 axis 360pan / 90deg tilt unit. Made from solid ABS (I think) it goes together really well. Any receivers can be fitted from single 5.8 to diversity 2.4/1.2 etc.. The antenna plate is designed for a Yagi, Crosshair or Helicals. 2 servos control the movement and are wired through a central 360deg slip ring to the electronics box at the bottom.

Now of course the tracker is useless without a signal telling it where to point. This comes from the aircraft and in the case of ImmersionRC works with 1 of 2 products. First is the EzOSD, second is the Immersion Tiny Telemetry module. Both transmit via the right audio channel a data stream containing live GPS coordinates of the aircraft. This audio channel is then received by the antenna, and sent via the VRx to the EzAntennatracker where it is decoded and controls sent to the servos. All very clever stuff!!

The bottom box contains the 5V regulator, antenna tracker interface and AV outputs/DC Inputs (3S LiPO recommended).

In the case of this build, Steve send me a Lawmate 2.4Ghz receiver and an Immersion EZ Antenna Tracker unit. He is also getting the Immersion Telemetry module.

So some details...

The tracker itself - http://www.efpv.co.uk/#!product/prd2/1588588335/efpv-antenna-tracker

EZ Antenna Tracker module - http://www.immersionrc.com/product-details.php?fpv_product=2&fpv_product_name=EzAntennaTracker%20System%20V1

Immersion Tiny Telemetry - http://www.immersionrc.com/product-details.php?fpv_product=3&fpv_product_name=TinyTelemetry

HiTec HS5485HB Servos - http://www.servoshop.co.uk/index.php?pid=HITHS5485HB

What I will do

I offer a complete build. You send me the kit to your specification. I will then fully assemble, wire up and test. If you wish I will send build pics along the way along with videos of it working. Once I';m happy that everything is working, I will send it back complete with a schematic and list of settings used in the tracker module. For this I am charging £40 + parts + return postage costs (price dependant on service you require). I will supply all servo plugs, heat-shrink cable ties etc + any other small wires that may be required.

What I will need

1. The tracker unit itself
2. 2 x Servos of your choice (HiTec above recommended or I can recommended some very good digital high torque servos if required)
3. VRx of your choice along with wiring harnesses + whip antenna
4. Tracker control module (ImmersionRC, EagleTree or Skylark are available)
5. Optional but helpful! - VTx + wiring harness + whip antenna
6. Optional but helpful! - ImmersionRC EzOSD or Tiny Telemetry Module

Other items that may be required

1. Optional tracker upgrade kit (highly recommended) - http://www.efpv.co.uk/#!product/prd2/1588628275/efpv-antenna-tracker-upgrade-kit
2. Video out cable 3.5mm 4 pole to RCA
3. Video splitter/amp - required if you wish to output video to a monitor/DVR/Goggles etc..

Photos - Posted with Steve';s Permission

And finally a video of it all working:

http://youtu.be/rqOMWElDkS4

andythilo

Due to the fragility of the EzAntennaTracker module, I knocked this up. Pretty basic but will protect it.

[attachimg=1]

TheCostaKid

Hi Andy,
Just one quick question, after reading through your Product Information. Could you please tell me, what sort of box of tricks do I need, to enable me to send the image from my 5.8ghz vRx to a large LCD Monitor. ( 20" to 22") either to the VGA or the HDMI Input port. Also, will it do the same job, to a bog standard 15" laptop running Win7. I have the usual 7" car LCD Monitor, working perfectly, but need something bigger. Also I do have a pair of SkyZone goggles, which I just love!!
Many thanks in advance for all and any assistance with this.
Regards
Ray (Spain)

Pyropetepete

I just bought one of these as a kit with the upgrade pack. About to get all the other items. Is the build service you still offer at all?

Rocket_Col

Quote from: Pyropetepete on Wednesday,March 25, 2015, 17:29:45
I just bought one of these as a kit with the upgrade pack. About to get all the other items. Is the build service you still offer at all?

I asked about this a few months ago and was told, no.
Dont think anyone is doing it anymore.
CarbonCore Y6

Smeagol

Quote from: Rocket_Col on Thursday,March 26, 2015, 10:26:49
I asked about this a few months ago and was told, no.
Dont think anyone is doing it anymore.
With the assistance of a mate that has built a number of these units, I';m in the final stages of building my own version of the tracker, i';ve redesigned and machined the housings to suit the latest version of tracker and receiver. Currently the antenna plate suits my 5.8GHz patch antenna, but easy enough to modify to suit most designs, my next step is to build a 5.8GHz helical. I';ve even added a custom logo to the build.