Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 23:13:02

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

JR PCM9X2 + FRSKY Telemetry

Started by jimbo385, Friday,April 05, 2013, 13:42:15

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbo385

Hi, I have a converted JR PCM9X2 transmitter with the DJT TX module and the FLD-02 LCD screen. I will also be using the Crius V2 MCB.

Which is the best telemetry RX to use?

There is the D8R-XP, D8RSP and the D8R-II Plus 8.

Also, can I pass any data from the control board through the RX to my TX and LCD?

Many thanks.

Jim
F450 Clone KK2.0 General Batting around!

FPV550 KK2.0 FPV No gear on it yet!

DJI F350 Naza Lite Naza Experience

FPV 250 With RCTimer Power kit. Pocket Rocket!

Wishlist - Tarot FY680 Pro

SimonS

barneyg

Quote from: jimbo385 on Friday,April 05, 2013, 13:42:15
Hi, I have a converted JR PCM9X2 transmitter with the DJT TX module and the FLD-02 LCD screen. I will also be using the Crius V2 MCB.

Which is the best telemetry RX to use?

There is the D8R-XP, D8RSP and the D8R-II Plus 8.

Also, can I pass any data from the control board through the RX to my TX and LCD?

Many thanks.

Jim

I';ve got the D8R-II Plus, according to frsky website the D8RSP is discontinued and the D8R-XP is the newest of the 3.

The D8R-II Plus can be flashed with the same firmware as the D8R-XP to give SUM-PPM ... get which ever of these 2 is the cheaper :)

jimbo385

Hi SimonS,

Thanks for the link but I';d already seen that. What I wanted to know was whether I could use FRSKY to display some of the data from the Crius board. This would, for example, save me buying the Sensor Hub, GPS and Variometer modules as this data would be available on the Crius board with a GPS module.

Hi Barneyg,
I must admit that I have several telemetry Rx';s and have never flashed one! What does the SUM-PPM do and is it worth getting for MultiCopters, well any model?

Many thanks.

SimonS

Sorry!  When you said ';control board'; I thought you meant the hub.

Jumpy07

Quote from: jimbo385 on Friday,April 05, 2013, 17:20:26
Hi SimonS,

Thanks for the link but I';d already seen that. What I wanted to know was whether I could use FRSKY to display some of the data from the Crius board. This would, for example, save me buying the Sensor Hub, GPS and Variometer modules as this data would be available on the Crius board with a GPS module.

Hi Barneyg,
I must admit that I have several telemetry Rx';s and have never flashed one! What does the SUM-PPM do and is it worth getting for MultiCopters, well any model?

Many thanks.
MegapirateNG can convert Mavlink to FrSky telemetry protocol..  u need a small inverter but easy to do.. .. you will then be able to view a lot of data on your LCD display. (have a look at the manual I put together in the Crius thread)
PPM SUM / CPPM  is a way of combining all the RC channels down one cable..  it also allows some smaller RX';s to give more channels.... means less cables.. less weight.
You can also use the D8R-XP with a simple voltage divider to monitor voltage without the FrSky Hub
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

jimbo385

Hi Guys,

It appears that this is all getting very complicated for my brain!  :frantic:

I think that I will keep it simple for now!

Yet more questions!

What is the ppm pin for on the Crius board?
With a suitable FRSKY RX, would I be able to use CPPM to the CRIUS board as this would greatly simplify the wiring!

Cheers.

barneyg

Quote from: jimbo385 on Friday,April 05, 2013, 20:10:03
What is the ppm pin for on the Crius board?

That is where you plug in the one cable from the RX to the CRIUS board if you are using MegapirateNG and SUM-PPM/CPPM (these are the same thing)

With a suitable FRSKY RX, would I be able to use CPPM to the CRIUS board as this would greatly simplify the wiring!

Yes ... Technically the D8R-XP will do this out of the box but the D8R-II plus needs to be flashed.

There is one proviso though ... the firmware that is supplied on the D8R-XP will only work reliably with 6 channels when using CPPM ... if you want to use all 8 channels then you need to flash the latest beta firmware which incidently is the same file you would flash onto the D8R-II Plus

instructions are :

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/frsky-s-cppm-at-27msec-firmware-update-with-ft-prog-and-ftdi-cabl?xg_source=activity

jimbo385

Cheers.

I have now got my SK-450 in the air using a standard RX setup.

For my next project, I shall setup using PPM.