Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 19:41:32

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

throttle sensitivity

Started by spiff, Sunday,April 13, 2014, 10:31:17

Previous topic - Next topic

spiff

Hi guys,

since yesterday I';m the unexpected owner of one of these little quads. a guy turned up at the field with his one and I was impressed enough to buy one immediately off him.

regretably the little battery takes forever to charge :( but finally I got it all setup and plugged in and in the air.

bang for buck it';s pretty awesome to fly around indoors. made my first flying video yesterday - have not tried it outside yet.

one thing I found is the throttle does not seem to "hold" when hovering. I have to constantly compensate which tends to lead to a roller coaster flight :) and once I hit the ceiling it tends to "suck" itself to the ceiling and only zero throttle will get it off :)

so what can be done to sort the throttle sensitivity issue? or maybe this mini quad flies like this and not like my other bigger 450 quad with naza FC.

thanks

Friskle

Anything fixed pitch will suck to the ceiling when to close, even fixed pitch helis would do it, due to the upwards force, it always is near zero throttle to un stick it.

They dont hold height like other FC`s, with these it is down to throttle control mostly, they only self level, but after a while you do get used to the stick movement to keep a reasonable hover, the Ladybirds are the same, but easier because the tx is a normal unsprung throttle.

Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

HowDoIfly

If it';s a Hubsan X4 you can reduce the sensitivity in the transmitter while you learn. Defaults are 60 in easy mode and 90 in expert mode.

hubsan x4 transmitter settings
Ifly4 no more, Hubsan X4, R550v2, X650F-V4

spiff

thanks guys - guess I will have to learn to fly it as is :)

damn good fun flying indoors :)

doofer

Quote from: spiff on Sunday,April 13, 2014, 19:32:48

damn good fun flying indoors :)

They sure are fun but the ';Where the **** did that prop go?'; game can get old fast after the 4th or 5th time  :laugh:

spiff

yip lost a prop even with the prop guard in place :) my one came with a prop guard - not shown here and rubber feet.

the prop guard works like a treat but it can still knock off a prop quite easily too.

spiff

I saw the video but you cannot adjust the throttle sensitivity :(

HowDoIfly

Quote from: spiff on Sunday,April 13, 2014, 20:09:44
I saw the video but you cannot adjust the throttle sensitivity :(

Sorry, I didn';t realise that though it';s logical. Can you not practise outdoors, you';ll soon learn to better predict it';s power eventually.
Ifly4 no more, Hubsan X4, R550v2, X650F-V4

spiff

Quote from: HowDoIfly on Monday,April 14, 2014, 14:10:06
Sorry, I didn';t realise that though it';s logical. Can you not practise outdoors, you';ll soon learn to better predict it';s power eventually.

was a tad windy here yesterday. I played around with it indoors last night and found that I can get it to hover - but as soon as I move in any horizontal direction, then it tends to climb -  so I reduce the throttle a bit and then that causes it to drop fast so I increase the throttle a little - and so the porpoising begins.

it seems small movements of the throttle causes a rapid change in height. I';m pretty used to my other naza quad keeping it level.

anyway guess I need to get used to it - maybe I';m too spoilt by the naza.

still bags of fun though. :0

guest325

The big thing is that if you learn to fly something like that smoothly a big one will be easypeasy ::)

spiff

Quote from: DarrellW on Tuesday,April 15, 2014, 12:44:57
The big thing is that if you learn to fly something like that smoothly a big one will be easypeasy ::)

oh 4sure - has taught me a lot already. flying in such a small space means I';m busy on the sticks all the time and there is no GPS or RTH :)

JackI

Difference over something like this( unless your flying your naza in rate mode) your throttle position is just telling the naza how quick you want to ascend or descend, with a dead zone in the middle for hover. With the X4 the throttle is controlling motor speed and nothing else so it can be more of a balancing act with the throttle but you should get used to it pretty quick :).

spiff

Quote from: JackI on Wednesday,April 16, 2014, 22:48:52
Difference over something like this( unless your flying your naza in rate mode) your throttle position is just telling the naza how quick you want to ascend or descend, with a dead zone in the middle for hover. With the X4 the throttle is controlling motor speed and nothing else so it can be more of a balancing act with the throttle but you should get used to it pretty quick :).

yes flying the naza quad - one can get lazy. getting better at controlling the throttle now on the hubsan. trying to fly a circle in a 8mx5m space is quite a feat.

pity the little battery does not last long and takes so long to charge from my laptop :)

Chris_D

Quote from: Friskle on Sunday,April 13, 2014, 10:41:12
Ladybirds are the same, but easier because the tx is a normal unsprung throttle.

I fly mode2 & the throttle stick is unsprung on my x4 tx...
You can "switch modes" between 1 & 2 on the hubsan tx but you can';t easily swap the spring mechanism from one side to the other, if you want to fly different mode you';re better off getting the tx for whichever mode you prefer so you have throttle unsprung.