Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 07:54:46

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 25
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

team black sheep timelaps in london

Started by homersainty, Thursday,November 15, 2012, 18:39:15

Previous topic - Next topic

homersainty

If you find yourself in danger of being taken seriously, then try to do something which undermines or sabotages that perception in some way.

Jumpy07

Cracking video.. but broke so many laws..  wonder if he got away with it..
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Gaza07

I knew this would get posted excellent video but is it going to reflect badly on the whole fpv scene  :rolleyes:  :hmm:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Rappy Freak

SkyNet shall rise!!!!!!

XH558

Pretty amazing ... The London Eye shots were particularly good ... wonder what time it was when he was filming Big Ben  ;) ;)
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Biffa

I wouldn';t be surprised to find some legislation getting passed soon on some national security basis.

As it is most people can fly models in parks/open spaces without too much hassle, stuff like this just bring more unneeded attention. A good video for sure but could well cause more harm than good.

Steve

eyeflying

Great video - nice edit too.

My background is video production and I';ve filmed many times in London. To film professionally anywhere within the Metropolitan District you need a permit which can be obtained quite easily providing you demonstrate that you have sufficient Public Liability insurance but I presume that this film would be classed as ';amateur'; .

I don';t ever recall their conditions limiting you to the type of equipment that can be used for acquisition. However, as most of you will,be aware, model flying in the UK takes place under the legal constraints of the Air Navigation Order (ANO) which is the responsibility of the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), which basically says (for models under 7Kg) that you must;

1.Choose an unobstructed site.
    2. At all time keep a safe distance from persons, vessels, vehicles and structures.
    3. Only fly in suitable weather.
    4. Always fly with regard for other conditions such as local bylaws.
    5. Always fly with due consideration for other people and property.

I suppose that someone could argue item 2 - "a safe distance" - what is is a "safe distance"? and who decides it?

I hold a PPL (Private Pilot';s Licence) and generally the Pilot decides what is ';safe'; (assuming that he/she also complies with reg';s too of course). Obviously, the pilot';s judgement is always open to scrutiny and criticism, especially when things go wrong!

Its probably item 4 that would catch them out.. Local Byelaws. There must be some Byelaw in place that restricts RC Flying within the City of Westminster but I haven';t been able to find anything.

Still, a great video - just wish I';d made it  :angry:

Balders

If someone wanted to go to town on them, they could be nabbed for:

a) using unnaproved equipement for UK airspace (I';m pretty sure their UHF gear is not approved in UK plus their FPV gear I think is 1.2ghz or 900mhz, neither of which are legal for use in UK)
b) Having an unobstructed view of the airframe and a spotter able to see the aircraft unassited during FPV flight
c) If they get paid for youtube hits you could possibly argue that the are filming commercially, then the floodgates open re licensing, safety etc etc.

Just saying...not judging :)
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]