Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 07:49:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Setting up 3DR telemetry for your APM2.5

Started by benchmark, Thursday,May 16, 2013, 23:24:52

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark

A series of 4 videos, get your favorite beverage and a comfortable stool   :popcorn:

3DR radio telemetry 1 of 4

3DR radio telemetry 2 of 4

3DR radio telemetry 3 of 4

3DR radio telemetry 4 of 4

I hope it proves useful to somebody.

Gaza07

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Calomile

Really informative post, cheers pal!

On a side note, where can I find one of those plates that you have your FC mounted to?
I reverse polarities for fun.

benchmark

Thanks guys.

Quote from: Calomile on Sunday,May 19, 2013, 15:46:41
Really informative post, cheers pal!

On a side note, where can I find one of those plates that you have your FC mounted to?

It was a chance find on ebay. i do not know who makes them or where they are originally from.

optiplex

any idea, why the grouind and remote stopped binding after i tried to load the settings like in the 3rd vid ?

thx

EDIT: ok problem solved
          seems when i saved config the min and max freq values wasnt the same so the 2 units couldnt bind, so i changed in the         base unit to 414000 both min and max and they are binded again

Calomile

Thanks again for your post, was a really big help setting up my APM. Solved quite a few headaches!  :notworthy:
I reverse polarities for fun.

firey1

got a 433 unit from HK

plug n play worked straight out of the box
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

HowDoIfly

I have this kit from rctimer but it';s not working beyond a couple of meters. The ground station is swamped with noise to the point comms slows down, stalls and eventually disconnects.

Looking over many threads, most blame the USB bus which operates around the same frequency and the ground station not filtering this noise. Others blame mismatched antennas.

Solutions suggested include USB cables and extentions and even powered hubs but they didn';t work for me. Others suggest buying good antennas but that';s a cost risk I don';t want to take right now.

Likewise, I';m told to buy and use a second air module as the ground station.

Does anyone have any deep undestanding of this problem and a definitive fix, preferably for litte cash please?
Ifly4 no more, Hubsan X4, R550v2, X650F-V4

coastersteve

The Antenna';s for sure. Peter King and myself have been doing a good bit of research in to 433MHz telemetry and earlier this week we managed 5km which we were very pleased about. At the max distance we still had 20-30% signal strength.

What you need is 4 bits of solid copper wire 16.4 CM in length. I used the earth core from some twin and earth.

Solder one piece to the inner of the SMA connector and one to the outer and bend out at 45 degree';s in to a V shape. Repeat for the other end and test. If you don';t fancy soldering direct to the SMA connector you can hack apart the antenna';s that come with the radio';s and solder to the inner and outer of the coax.

If you want a good range then get the radio up away from the PC on a pole.

First flight was 2.5km away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHqex4iYHik#ws

Second was the 5km one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq9FCEf7O7g#ws

I hope this helps.

HowDoIfly

Hi Steve,

Thank you for this response. That';s a nice cheap test I think I can manage.

HowDoIfly

Woohoo, cheers Steve.

With GSC indoors (transmitting through front door, wall and/or front window and the occasional tree  :laugh: ) I maidened my new build in the same spot where rctimer antenna';s would drop connection.

With your recommended DIY 16.4cm soldered jobbies, am getting 96% signal.

Co-incidentally, rctimer replied today with a counter-offer to send replacement antenna';s. I told them where to stick em.

Hands0n

Any chance of a picture of the "new" antenna?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

HowDoIfly

Had to take this in a rush so if there';s any specific detail missing you wanted to see, let me know

Hands0n

Thanks very much. I see what you';ve done.  Makes one wonder why they bother with the rubber ducks at all. Begging for trouble.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

motofox

looks as though you have created a dipole which is what i use on my dragonlink, if so i think its reccommended to have the ground straight down and the signal straight up.

SeamusOD

What is better in regard to 3dr antenna location on the quad, further from GPS or receiver 2.4 aerials

Beaver2206

I bought one off of ebay a while ago.  Pumped hours into trying to get it to work.  Countless drivers, converters and fiddling.  Got the air station to connect to the mission planner, though the ground station just would not talk to the PC.  All of the light on both units suggested they were talking, though the GS just would not connect.  Shame.  I still have it, may put everyone through my troubles and try and get it working one day...
650 Ironman, Inspire 1, Tarot 250, DJI S900
RPQs Qualified with PFAW