Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 16:08:32

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Getting to like the CC3D

Started by n506, Wednesday,March 26, 2014, 00:02:36

Previous topic - Next topic

n506

Having had a fun little 450 quad with a KK2.0 on it for flinging about, I decided to try the CC3D about a month back. Have to say that my first impressions weren';t great. It wasn';t nearly as simple to dial in as the KK2.0.

However, a month later, and a fair bit of experimentation, and I think I';ve cracked it. Finally getting results that are smoother than what I was getting with the KK2.0, and if feels lovely to fly. Really happy with it!

For all folk talk about fancy carbon fibre frames as well, my wee cheap Chinese frame (DJI F450 style) and DJI 2212 motors can actually motor along not badly!

Now if only good weather and free time would coincide. It started raining again half way through this afternoon';s flight!

FPV: CC3D Testing

teslahed

That does look very smooth and controlled.

I never had much success with my CC3D - but I think it';s mostly because I have the multiwiis going so well that I';ve got lazy and haven';t out enough time into getting the CC3D flying the way i want it to.

It seems totally different with the CC3D in the way you put expo on the transmitter instead of on the flight controller as with multiwii.

Any tips on tuning the thing?

One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

barneyg

Quote from: teslahed on Wednesday,March 26, 2014, 08:58:41
It seems totally different with the CC3D in the way you put expo on the transmitter instead of on the flight controller as with multiwii.

Eh you do ?   My expo on MultiWii is 0 and I set it on my Transmitter ... I can change it that much easier :)

teslahed

Allegedly on multiwii you get better results (better resolution) if you enter expo on the flight controller rather than the transmitter. But I am sure both approaches work fine.

In this example;

I have my expo set to 0.51 which is quite high but works well with the rates the way i have those set.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

n506

I';m finding for my style of flying (fast smooth rather than flips etc.) that I';m having to dial down the P gains a lot and up the I gains significantly. I';ve got I gains around 2-3 times my P gains (different values for each axis due to weight distribution).

I found that on the KK2.0 I could get lovely smooth flight with the same kind of setup but struggled to get enough control authority. Much better with the CC3D, so if you';re willing to spend the time, I do think it is worth the extra money.

Jake Bullit

I`ve been flying OP almost since I started.
The CC3D is superb.When my 250 parts arrive I will be trying the "rattitude"  mode  for some flip action.

Heres my CC3D Disco blasting around  yesterday::):

FPV Southport,grey day.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Col_M

Pretty much my experience too, though I haven';t had much chance to get out and fly it, just a couple short tuning sessions.

I setup the pots on my Tx to adjust the gains on the fly, that aspect was better than the KK2, however you still need to drag it back to the computer to change the gains that the pots adjust so can only adjust a couple gains between trips to the computer.
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

n506

I just did the whole trailing back and forth to the computer, trying to judge improvements each time, hence it took a while. I do love the KK2.0 for the speed of changing settings between flights, but I think the CC3D seems to be just a tiny bit better handling once you get there. That said, a huge amount of fun can be had with the KK2.0 for the price!

F.P.V. Aaron

Being flying op cc3d for a few years now and love them. Did a lot of head scratching at first but got use to the tuning after a wile and find that the bluetooth modules help when tuning so there is no physical connecting and therefore can be tuned live! Lots of great boards out there, going to try the naza 32 in my next build as they seem to be a smooth flying acro fc!

n506

Yep the Naze has my attention for a future build but I do like the cc3d software etc. No reason to upgrade because the cc3d does me perfectly. Have to admit I have a slight itch for a mini which could result in going for a naze board.