Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 19:02:39

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

PID settings? MultiWii

Started by JeeebeZ, Saturday,March 08, 2014, 23:18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

JeeebeZ

Hi, So, this is my first quadcopter build.

I have the default settings on it. When I try to get it to fly the motors go crazy, Even before I get it off the ground. Here is a short video of multiwiiconf window once it arms, and the motors start to actually spin it just freaks out.

http://youtu.be/uiIphte5Mdg

JeeebeZ

So here is another video, it is of the quad copter starting at no throttle and increasing it to maximum. It does do some jumps but then instantly sits back down.  :cry :cry :cry

Weighing the Quad it weighs 986g, and the motors are 2212-6 1000kv, with 10x4.5 props. So there should be enough thrust to pick it up fine.

The settings are the same as they were in the previous video.

http://youtu.be/kllTwm4lm-c

Pauluk

Have you calibrated your esc';s?

The motor thrust should be fairly even on all four bars in the gui.

Soul

Are you pulsing the throttle or is the quad doing that itself? If the latter I wouldn';t have thought uncalibrated ESCs would cause it? I thought calibration simply set the high and low points.

JeeebeZ

I have calibrated each esc. You can see in the first video that the throttle at the top slowly increases from 1000 to 1400. Then stops, all while the 4 motors start jumping around from 1100-1800. Without the props on it since the quad doesn';t move at all the motors spin nicely and they hold throttle fairly evenly. however once the props are on they start to go all over the place

atomiclama

Well here is my 2p worth, from a relative newbie that is using MWII without problems (now).

Don';t see how calibrated or not ESCs could cause that. I ran mine uncalibrated without problems.
Default PID are what I';m using without problem. So would not change them.

Calibrate your ACC, this is the biggest thing I found.
Cover your baro with foam, mine was very twitchy untill I did that.

I notice that you have no flight mode selected in the boxes, I think MWII defaults to ANGLE if none selected. I use HORIZON, makes like easy. Might be worth setting something just to be safe.

Do all the sensors give some sort of reasonable feedback when you pic the quad up and move it around?

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

barneyg

Quote from: atomiclama on Tuesday,March 11, 2014, 11:38:39
I think MWII defaults to ANGLE if none selected. I use HORIZON, makes like easy. Might be worth setting something just to be safe.

Nope ... ANGLE = LEVEL = Stabalized  ... with nothing selected you are in ACRO mode  ~~

atomiclama

Opps  :slap: told you I was new to this stuff, I';ll get the terminiology sorted  :laugh:
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

JeeebeZ

That is most likely the problem. How do I change modes? I am using a raspberry Pi at the moment to control the throttle/roll/pitch/yaw. That is all that I have going to the AIOP right now. I';m trying to make this semi-autonomous with feedback. So I';m putting a fair amount of additional things on it that will be controlled by the Raspberry Pi.

Edit: I think i figured it out, setting up the AUX';s on conf and sending them messages to get them to turn it on/off.

http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flightmodes <-- very helpfull to me... THX

atomiclama

Quote from: JeeebeZ on Tuesday,March 11, 2014, 18:32:01
I am using a raspberry Pi

Now I';m interested. What you doing? Aiming for? Keep us posted, I';d like to know how you get on.

For enabling the modes, I have Horizon set all the time just by clicking on the box, don';t have a seperate channel to control it.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

JeeebeZ

I';m attempting to make an autonomous quad copter, one that will be able to fly through a building on its own. I have it flying now. I just need to determine why its drifting in one direction.

tony

unless you have gps then its on auto level and will sit level but wind will push it and its own prop wash will move it if your  to close to the floor