Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 21:13:47

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

My new hobby, Nicotine vaping lol

Started by nub, Wednesday,March 05, 2014, 22:54:44

Previous topic - Next topic

andythilo

Is it bad that after 8 years (this July 31st) I wanna start vaping? LOL. Said to the wife, if these had been around in 2006, I would have switched and probably still be on them.

#missmyluckystrikes  :laugh:

guest2350

Quote from: andythilo on Tuesday,May 27, 2014, 07:03:16
Is it bad that after 8 years (this July 31st) I wanna start vaping? LOL. Said to the wife, if these had been around in 2006, I would have switched and probably still be on them.

#missmyluckystrikes  :laugh:
If you';ve gone 8 years I';d leave them alone mate, but if you were to choose between cigs and vapes you know what the sensible one would be.
Keep strong!

Friskle

I concur, and yes its bad , as said, after 8 years, better to leave them, for one thing, ever run out of liquid, your back addicted to nicotine, so next stop will be the shop,  unless you used 0 nic juice of course.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

DarkButterfly

If I decided to smoke again, e-cigs would be the way forward, but I packed up 10 years ago, so not likely, although there has been moments when I nearly caved in.

I agree if you';ve quit for 8 years, best to leave it alone  ~~
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

DarkButterfly

Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

tupoar

A new way of buying and selling RC Gear.

[url="//www.rcmungo.com"]www.rcmungo.com[/url]

Craft: RE Decker 180, RE X1, HK Thorax, Hubsan X4, Q4
FC: Naze32, Flip32, Sparky, CC3D, SP Racing F3
VRX: RCD T-Box - 40 Channel Diversity

DebianDave

Anyone who builds their own dripping attie heads, you have to try twisted kanthal, it is night and day for me anyway, using cotton wool
[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581[/url]

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

nub

:laugh: i';ve been vaping on this for the last couple of days :tongue:

its a twisted 28 awg build comes in at about 0.2-0.3 ohms, i';m really liking it, good vapour and plenty of flavour.

[attach=1]
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

XH558

It looks disgusting  :rolleyes:

BUT - what I am impressed by is the statistics in your green signature at the bottom  ~~ ~~

Those stats seem to be based on 30 a day = £12 a day

Extrapolating that out for a year = £4272 & 10680 fags  ...

Just multiply that up by say 5 years = £21360 & 53400 fags ....

That';s equivalent to a NICE car ....

Go up to say 20 years ....

£85440 & 213600 fags .....  :blink :blink :blink  nearly a quarter of a million fags ... at say 3" per fag that';s one cigarette over 10 miles long  :o

Gone up in smoke ..... :azn

You sir are a steely eyed missile man

Keep it up  :beer2:

David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

nub

:laugh: cheers, nice stats :D it certainly adds up over time, and i';ll save even more as the price increases.

though i can spend £20+ a week on juices at times i haven';t bought any in the last 4 weeks :smiley:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Friskle

Lol i used to do 30 a day, but i only use 12ml of lquid a week , 20+ quid, wow.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

XH558

Quote from: nub on Wednesday,July 09, 2014, 11:11:55
though i can spend £20+ a week on juices at times

That';s an easy one .... just don';t  :rolleyes: :azn

It';s like a babies dummy now - just a comforter ... the nasty smell has gone - the vast expense has gone - the work is all done ...

So if you want something to do with your fingers make a nice model kit and suck on your pencil whilst building    :laugh:

One thing confuses me with this vaping .. if you put the cotton ';wadding'; through the coil and then wet it the coil heats up and produces the noxious substance you desire or whatever - but eventually the coil heat - which looks intense - must dry out the wadding and burn it thereby producing acrid smoke not vapour ... how is that avoided ??

[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

Friskle

Its not comforter though, some people like myself find it literally impossible to totally quit, i use about 5 quid a week in liquid, cause i use it for what i bought it for, not because i can use where and when i want.

As for wadding, top feeders are usually worse for burning out, after a while though you learn when to change them before that happens, unless you end up with some faulty atty or bad resistance wire.

Gravity fed ones usually dont burn out anywhere near as quickly, but it can happen.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

Chippercheese

Quote from: XH558 on Wednesday,July 09, 2014, 12:06:42
That';s an easy one .... just don';t  :rolleyes: :azn

It';s like a babies dummy now - just a comforter ... the nasty smell has gone - the vast expense has gone - the work is all done ...

So if you want something to do with your fingers make a nice model kit and suck on your pencil whilst building    :laugh:

One thing confuses me with this vaping .. if you put the cotton ';wadding'; through the coil and then wet it the coil heats up and produces the noxious substance you desire or whatever - but eventually the coil heat - which looks intense - must dry out the wadding and burn it thereby producing acrid smoke not vapour ... how is that avoided ??

Most of them use braided silica or stainless steel mesh - both heat resistant, so don';t burn. Also the trick is to keep it constantly wicking - as the fluid is vaporised, more fluid is drawn through the wick via capillary action.

Some people do use pure cotton wicks though, they are extra careful to keep the wick saturated.
TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

nub

Quote from: XH558 on Wednesday,July 09, 2014, 12:06:42

using cotton for wicking is very common, as long as you make sure you keep the cotton wick saturated then it shouldn';t heat up enough to burn, you can taste when its getting dry so you add a few more drops, dry/burnt hits are not nice :laugh:

Quote from: Friskle on Wednesday,July 09, 2014, 11:57:14
Lol i used to do 30 a day, but i only use 12ml of lquid a week , 20+ quid, wow.

at £5 for 10ml as an average cost it soon adds up, i vape about 5-8ml of 6mg juice a day.

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Friskle

You will possibly disagree , but, if your doing 5 to 8ml a day, tbh imho thats a heck of a lot, what mg do you use ?
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

Andy7

Dammit. If I were a smoker, I';d DEFINITELY get one of these, cos they look cool. Cooler even than fags did in the 40';s  ::)
I';d even pimp it up to look all cyberpunk too.

I also like the idea that you can get all kinds of different flavours. I wonder if there';s a vape set that delivers CAFFEINE instead of nicotine? I';d be in like a shot then!  :wack0
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

XH558

Quote from: Friskle on Thursday,July 10, 2014, 00:11:21
You will possibly disagree , but, if your doing 5 to 8ml a day, tbh imho thats a heck of a lot, what mg do you use

Quote from: nub on Wednesday,July 09, 2014, 23:04:29
at £5 for 10ml as an average cost it soon adds up, i vape about 5-8ml of 6mg juice a day.

As they used to say in exams at school - read the question  :rolleyes: :azn ;)

So let';s extrapolate THAT cost out a bit ... take 7ml as an average @£5 for 10ml = £3.50 a day .... not much I hear you say ....

But - £3.50 x 7 = £24.50 a week - £106 a month - £1274 a year  :o

And at 8ml a day £4.00 x 7 = £28.00 a week - £121 a month - £1456 a year  :cry

So - just one extra ml a day costs £15 a month extra  :rolleyes: ;)

Personally I still think that';s hugely expensive to go up in vapour as what is effectively an unproductive ';hobby';

I couldn';t even afford to do that - and just think of the Multi Rotor stuff you could get with £106 a month  ::) ~~

nub

mind though i haven';t bought any juice for the for last 4 weeks and probably won';t for another couple but i do have to get myself some VG for mixing :smiley:

£100 a month aint that bad, i used to spend that on chocolate a month (or a couple of £ a day at least) :laugh: ach maybe one day i will stop but be honest until i have a very good important life threatening reason to i can';t see it happening.

Quote from: Friskle on Thursday,July 10, 2014, 00:11:21
You will possibly disagree , but, if your doing 5 to 8ml a day, tbh imho thats a heck of a lot, what mg do you use ?

6mg, most of the time its around the 5ml mark but it depends, the sub ohm dripper goes through juice rather quickly, though even when i was using my protank i was filling that twice a day, i know people that vape 10ml+ a day which i think is a little much :laugh:

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Friskle

Quote from: XH558 on Thursday,July 10, 2014, 09:37:01
As they used to say in exams at school - read the question  :rolleyes: :azn ;)

So let';s extrapolate THAT cost out a bit ... take 7ml as an average @£5 for 10ml = £3.50 a day .... not much I hear you say ....

But - £3.50 x 7 = £24.50 a week - £106 a month - £1274 a year  :o

And at 8ml a day £4.00 x 7 = £28.00 a week - £121 a month - £1456 a year  :cry

So - just one extra ml a day costs £15 a month extra  :rolleyes: ;)

Personally I still think that';s hugely expensive to go up in vapour as what is effectively an unproductive ';hobby';

I couldn';t even afford to do that - and just think of the Multi Rotor stuff you could get with £106 a month  ::) ~~

My apologies for missing that, sinc having a couple strokes, i tend to do that sometimes.

You may think its expensivve, but when comparing what i would have spent on cigs, well, theres no comparison. 80 quid a week in cigs, to 5 quid a week in liquid, easy to figure which is financially better,

The peoblem now, for a lot, they are using because its healthier, which it is, but in thinking that, people are literlly puffing on them all day, and most cases pumping more nicotine into thier body than they were when smoking.

I been on them over 4 years now, and can see a big difference in how people use them now compared to back then, for some, its a novelty, some genuine.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

XH558

Quote from: nub on Thursday,July 10, 2014, 10:15:05 £100 a month aint that bad

To me it';s a LOT of money that I couldn';t afford to turn into vapour  :rolleyes:

DebianDave

Just a heads up, I am in no way affiliated with this company, I get most of my eliquid from Joose Juice. Service is always 2-3 day and always problem free for me. They are seriously good value for daily vapes. I say daily vapes as I am partial to some more boutique stuff like Kings Custard and Snake Oil, but I wouldn';t use them all the time. Takes away some of the wow factor.

Moose Juice does 10ml samples at custom mixes and strengths for  £1.49 a pop and buy one get one free on all 30ml bottles at £7.25. All flavours I have tried are OK (obv personal preference) and it is made in the UK, rather than some unknown factory in China..

Personally, I vape about 2-3ml a day at 18mg.
[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-London-Multirotor-Pilots/835897706429581[/url]

Live in and around North London? Please like, share and participate on this page

teslahed

Just to resurrect this thread;

I want to buy my dad an E-Cig of some description. Ideally not too pricey as i don';t have as much cash to spend as I';d like at the moment.

What';s the cheapest good enough E-Cig people would recommend? I don';t mind waiting a week or two on shipping.

What';s a good middle of the range E-Cig if i decide i can spend a bit more?

Ideally i want a cool techy looking one that can be taken apart and user serviced as i think my dad would appreciate that kind of thing.

Any thoughts / recommendations welcome.

One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

quadfather

You';r asking "which is the best multi-rotor".  There will be a ton of opinions!  :laugh:

I have started with a Kanger EVOD kit.  It contains two tanks, two batteries, a USB charger and a couple of coils.  I can';t complain about it, it worked out of the box and was a great first time experience.  The only reason I stopped using them is because I wanted a bigger tank.  I then bought the Kanger Protank 2 which is compatible with all the above accessories.  I love it.

EVOD is probably the most prominent of e-cigs, and there';s a myriad of knock-offs floating about for a fraction of the price.

I suggest to look at a proper mid range kit, so he won';t be disappointed by the technical side of things.  I won';t recommend any flavours as that is an utter personal choice.

PS: Links above are the actual products I bought, although they have gone up in price since.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

teslahed

Yeah i realise it';s a very open ended question. But I would still prefer to hear any recommendations or opinions that people on these forums who actually use the things might have to offer even though I';ll need to do some research for myself.

I don';t want one that looks like a cigarette and it doesn';t need to be small or light. Just one that works nicely, can be easily taken apart and isn';t too pricey to buy or get new parts for. There are probably other variables i am not yet aware of.

I might look for one of the better quality EVOD clones based on your suggestions.

I assume the Kanger Protank is an upgrade option that requires you to already have the EVOD batteries and other bits? Do a lot of these things use the same sized screw threads so that they are compatible with each other?

Friskle

Depends what you mean by user serviceable, eg, some can be stripped down to clean fully, yet take pre made attys, and then there are the one you make the coil itself.
Building a coil is ok,but can also be very messy, and imho, not so much of a benefit, as a lot also depends on how you draw from it, eg, normal inhale and take back, or a full lung draw, eg, straight down, the latter being better for vapor and nicotine transfer, but harder to get used to.

The Kangertech Aerotank mega, is a good tank, fully able to be taken apart, the airflow valve works superb, and attys are cheap.

Liquids, as above, near pointless to recommend, trial and error is really the best course of action.

Ps :, make sure you get a variable voltage device.

Also go take a look on the UKCIG store and the Innokin site.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

teslahed

Is the basic Kanger EVOD you linked to a variable voltage device or is that an upgrade you get later?

Edit - it';s a separate type. I like the look of this one;

http://www.ukecigstore.com/e-cigarette-kits/variable-voltage-kits/kanger-ipow-kit.html#product-tabs

DebianDave

I second an EVOD, it';s a great starter device. You can strip it down and with a bit of patience and practice, you can recoil it. Cotton works well in these as it swells and reduces the chance of leakage. The atomiser heads can be bought separately, though I';d avoid really cheaping out and buy from a reputable UK site, as some of the knock offs are shocking.

I went Elites > cartomiser/510 battery > EC3 (iirc?) > EVOD > dripper

I now use a Trident clone on a brass M16 battery mod. Looks great and doubles as a deadly weapon with an 18650 battery installed :)

teslahed

Well i went for the Kanger IPow. It looks similar to the EVOD only with the variable voltage function which looks worth having.

I';ll give it a test before i send it on to my Dad. I';ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advise.

tupoar

Quote from: teslahed on Friday,September 05, 2014, 11:10:39
Well i went for the Kanger IPow. It looks similar to the EVOD only with the variable voltage function which looks worth having.

I';ll give it a test before i send it on to my Dad. I';ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advise.

So I';ve been eyeing this thread and am desperate to get rid of the bits of tobacco I find every where. I haven';t got a clue about the terminology but am going to go for the Ipow kit too.

Seen a Snoop Dogg kit I like the look of as well, but that';s for after the watershed....
A new way of buying and selling RC Gear.

[url="//www.rcmungo.com"]www.rcmungo.com[/url]

Craft: RE Decker 180, RE X1, HK Thorax, Hubsan X4, Q4
FC: Naze32, Flip32, Sparky, CC3D, SP Racing F3
VRX: RCD T-Box - 40 Channel Diversity