Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 21:40:51

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

My new hobby, Nicotine vaping lol

Started by nub, Wednesday,March 05, 2014, 22:54:44

Previous topic - Next topic

nub

there is a ton of information on youtube, i spent the 1st week watching everything i could find to make sure i was buying the right gear, as with anything i suppose reasearch before you buy.

you should check out indoorsmokers, grimmgreen';s and Todd ecigreviews youtube channel';s, i find they';re videos to be quite entertaining, a great source of information and honest reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShPX44-EC3HtvKohu3Ws4A

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShPX44-EC3HtvKohu3Ws4A

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEAwYOh6Fgkltse22gdapfA

good luck i hope it works out for you :smiley:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

dyls

I';ve placed my order.
I used http://myepack.co.uk/ in the end.
I think I will use Fasttech in the future.
But like you say its a bit like the Hobbyking thing (Not UK and HK based).
I got the Vamo V5 with the I-30 Dual coil and some of their Dekang liquids.

I think I';ll be happy with this. and if it hooks me in for a month "ish" I';m sure I';ll get in to the whole Mod thing.

Thanks Dyl
Stay safe
Dyl

ZMR250+Naze-acro,Turnigy 9x, (FPV) Phil built (FLYAWAY)
550      +APM         ,    "-"       ,   "-"   Peter built
X525(Cut to 400)+KK2+Futaba 6EX (Crashed)

HowDoIfly

I';m a serial smoker and I have to say, this thread amuses me as, I';m fairly confident that should I wish, I can give up without any aids. The problem I have is that I don';t want to give up, I enjoy smoking (rolled tobacco, not the premade cigarrettes with untold added chemicals).

Before anyone takes offence, may I suggest that those who require a "prop" to "give up smoking" examine their reasoning? What I mean is that, over the decades I have smoked, I have met a lot of people who smoke for different reasons and that different reasons require different approaches to "quitting".

I';m not boasting when I say with certainty, that should I decide, I will give up smoking without assistance. How can I be so sure? I';ve actually done it without realising. I gave up without realising on a two-week holiday. Only when I was back in blighty, in a pub did someone offer me a smoke did I realise what happened.

The point being, since then, I';ve looked into reasons for smoking. They are many and varied. My dentist "gave up" smoking, only to become addicted to nicotine patches. I see the same happening with vapourisers. People are simply "converting" rather than giving up.

Don';t get me wrong, I';m not knocking anyone that tries to quit smoking, this is more a warning against anyone jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. I would prefer to see someone give up completely, rather than rest on a "vape" addiction safe in the knowledge it';s "less harmful" yet inadvertantly propping up a secondary addiction.

So what I suggest is that people examine "why" they smoke (or vape or use nicotine patches etc). For in this examination lies the antidote to their "habit", I';m sure.

Hope this helps.
Ifly4 no more, Hubsan X4, R550v2, X650F-V4

dyls

I don';t want to smoke.
But I quite like the idea of Vapeing.
One crutch to another, so what.
I';m always hiding from the one beast or another.

I sort of get what your saying (HowDoIfly)
I take it that you like smoking!?
Oh well as you say each to their own.
Stay safe
Dyl

teslahed

QuoteI';m a serial smoker and I have to say, this thread amuses me as, I';m fairly confident that should I wish, I can give up without any aids. The problem I have is that I don';t want to give up, I enjoy smoking (rolled tobacco, not the premade cigarrettes with untold added chemicals).

The impression I get from reading this thread and speaking to people generally is that most people interested in E-Cigs probably aren';t going to use them to give up smoking and be healthy teetotallers but rather are planning on using the E-Cigs instead of regular ones so that they get to keep doing what they want to do with fewer health risks.

I am sure E-Cigs are being advertised and sold like nicorette patches but I don';t see it as that kind of a product really and I don';t think that';s how they will be sold in the future.

QuoteDon';t get me wrong, I';m not knocking anyone that tries to quit smoking, this is more a warning against anyone jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. I would prefer to see someone give up completely, rather than rest on a "vape" addiction safe in the knowledge it';s "less harmful" yet inadvertantly propping up a secondary addiction.

This is exactly what I think people are doing. But it makes sense to me and i don';t see the problem with it as long as you understand what you are doing and the (now massively reduced) risks you are taking.

E-Cigs are simply a way to cut down on carcinogenic combustion bi-products. They offer no help at all with nicotine addiction itself and this is an important point to bear in mind.

People should smoke burning tobacco products if they want to. But it';s obviously extremely bad for your health. E-Cigs are a lot less risky. If you don';t want to quit but do care about your health - you';d be silly not to try them.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

XH558

I';ve just driven in to work and behind me was a young woman driving her 2 small children to school - she was holding one of these bright red  ';vaping'; things in her right hand grasped between her thumb and first 2 fingers - leaving her ring finger and little finger to ';hold'; the steering wheel ... I say ';hold'; as it was not providing any stability that I could see. She was also far too close to me in a built up area - I couldn';t see her bonnet in the mirror so I bet she was about 2 ft from my rear  :o

She was puffing on the thing every 10 or so seconds like a person possessed and blowing clouds of ';whatever it is'; into the car with the windows closed - yes I know it';s not ';smoke'; but it can';t be pleasant for those kids to experience and to see - let alone the appalling safety issues.  :blink

There is no way she was in complete control of that car - how can that be legal when there is so much fuss about using mobile phones and drinking and eating at the wheel. I feel sorry for the kids  - they have no choice but to be in the car with her.

I have no truck whatsoever with the ';I can';t give up'; reasoning - my grandad smoked nearly 80 a day all his life since he was 17 in the 1st WW - chain smoking Players Navy Cut unfiltered - and at the age of 84 just said one day that he was stopping - and he did - never smoked another and there was no change in his demeanor or his weight - he just smelled loads better and he died, age 98, of shock with a broken thigh after a fall.

For the sake of this woman';s kids and driving them safely she should at least stop using this ';thing'; in the car  :rolleyes:

Whatever you do in the privacy of your own home is up to you - but surely not whilst driving. :angry:

David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

teslahed

People that drive whilst distracted - never good. Doesn';t matter if it';s a Cig, an E-Cig, a phone or whatever.

And my personal approach when it comes to tailgaters is to check that i';m definitely not driving faster than the speed limit. Then double check. Then I slow down by 5mph or so just to make sure. :laugh:

Not only does this really annoy them (which I love), it also means that if an accident does occur you aren';t travelling quite so fast when it happens so it isn';t as bad.

Quoteyes I know it';s not ';smoke'; but it can';t be pleasant for those kids to experience and to see

Just about the only real risk from inhaling second hand E-Cig ';smoke'; is that if you do it often enough you might end up addicted to nicotine. That';s because the ';passive'; smoke from an E-Cig doesn';t contain any of the stuff that does the damage with conventional smoke except the nicotine. That';s the whole point.

So the women in question may have thought she was doing her own health some good but she was also quietly getting her kids addicted to nicotine at the same time; not a great start in life that.

O well - I guess that';s one way to be sure of getting them up in time in the mornings!

Seriously though; don';t ';hotbox'; small spaces with an E-Cig if there are children present. it';s just common sense that.

QuoteI have no truck whatsoever with the ';I can';t give up'; reasoning - my grandad smoked nearly 80 a day all his life since he was 17 in the 1st WW - chain smoking Players Navy Cut unfiltered - and at the age of 84 just said one day that he was stopping - and he did - never smoked another and there was no change in his demeanor or his weight - he just smelled loads better and he died, age 98, of shock with a broken thigh after a fall.

Then why doesn';t everyone quit? Whatever the reason is it must be quite powerful.

XH558

Quote from: teslahed on Tuesday,March 18, 2014, 09:54:41 Then why doesn';t everyone quit? Whatever the reason is it must be quite powerful.

There is no suggestion whatever that there is not a powerful addiction involved - I quite see that - but it';s also easier to say ';I can';t'; because of that addiction than to get through it and come out the other side - as you surely could if you WANTED too badly enough. Other excuses of ';I';ll put on weight'; - ';my nerves will be bad'; etc could - I am sure - all be dealt with. 

I was just giving one example of an old man who must have been HEAVILY addicted who just WANTED to give up - and did - instantly... I';m sure it must have been a nightmare for him internally - but he never showed it and all I can say was in his last 14 years he was a better grandad for it.  ~~   

PS I was doing exactly 30 - I checked - twice - having been done for speeding in a built up area 30 years ago I have NEVER exceeded built up area speed restrictions since - she was giving the body language of ';late for school'; ... Having looked at the distance between her and the car behind her I did dab my brake lights once - but it did no good  :rolleyes:
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

nub

i got to agree driving while doing other things really is just stupid, its something i really hate seeing, damn car divers are bad enough as it is ;) without having something like a bridie distracting them, yup that';s correct i said bridie lol the amount of workies i see driving past my house in vans eating is unbelievable :laugh:

i even saw a woman at the weekend struggling to reverse into a space at the dump and was wondering wtf, then i spotted the mobile phone in her hand, how stupid can you get.

i really hope they learn they';re lesson one day.

as for vaping in a small area with children that';s just plain stupid.

and only a fool breaks the 2 second rule.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

dyls

Don';t do this.
This type of talk is negative to vapeing with something else at fault.

Bad driving is bad driving.
Its all covered under the law.(driving with due care and attention)
I don';t see why some people don';t get that.

No dogs in the front of a car.
No applying of make up.
No tailgating.
No mobile phone.
No masterbat..

If these people need to be told what is due care and attention, well they shouldn';t be driving in the first place.

Vapeing seems to be a bit like drinking coffee or whisky and wine.
It seems at lot of people are into the tasting of the flavours.
Like chocolate and coffee and fruit.

I quite like using my sense of taste, and I used to like playing with choo cho trains.
Combine the two, hmm eating coal  :sick:

Anyone tried http://www.miracleberry.co.uk/buynow.php ?

I fancy a go, I saw them on QI (television).

:whistling:
Dyl
Stay safe
Dyl

nub

i';m sure i saw that stuff on Dara O Briain';s science stuff, they sucking on lemons and loving it :laugh:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

teslahed

I predict that the next generation or so of artificial sweeteners will be much better than the ones we currently have.

Synsepalum dulcificum - Miracle berry - works by interfering with the tongues ability to taste sour so that you taste sweet instead.

Given that we all like sugar and all eat far too much of it a better artificial sweetener could do us a lot of good.

But no I haven';t tried any and I would like to - it';s on my wanted list.

nub

i was just thinking that about replacing my sugar intake with something like this because i do use a lot of sugar though not as much when i was smoking because i';ve cut my coffee right down but i could go through a bag in a couple of days  :o
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Friskle

Quote from: XH558 on Tuesday,March 18, 2014, 10:54:23
There is no suggestion whatever that there is not a powerful addiction involved - I quite see that - but it';s also easier to say ';I can';t'; because of that addiction than to get through it and come out the other side - as you surely could if you WANTED too badly enough. Other excuses of ';I';ll put on weight'; - ';my nerves will be bad'; etc could - I am sure - all be dealt with. 

I was just giving one example of an old man who must have been HEAVILY addicted who just WANTED to give up - and did - instantly... I';m sure it must have been a nightmare for him internally - but he never showed it and all I can say was in his last 14 years he was a better grandad for it.  ~~   

PS I was doing exactly 30 - I checked - twice - having been done for speeding in a built up area 30 years ago I have NEVER exceeded built up area speed restrictions since - she was giving the body language of ';late for school'; ... Having looked at the distance between her and the car behind her I did dab my brake lights once - but it did no good  :rolleyes:

Sadly some can quit just like that, and some cant, those that can, can easily say its easy to do, but its not the same for everyone, my father was on 20+ a day, had a pack of 20 one day, used one, never touched the rest, had never touched them since.

sadly, i was not as good as that, i tried constantly over a period of 3 years, one near heart failure, two minor strokes, and blood pressure of 140 / 142 on a daily basis...i had to stop smoking, but simply couldnt, and tried everything on the market to no avail, then 4 years ago started on one of these, no, i have not quit the nicotine habit, but at least its a cleaner way, lets not also forget the misconception here, Nicotine is not the major killer in cigs, its everything else.

as for passive from an E-cig, tests have been done, to show there is little to nicotine left in the exhaled vapor, as the nicotine is transferred into the system more efficiently in water vapor than it does via cigarette smoke.

puffing on them continually though, as i see some do, is defeating the object a little, i still only use mine when needed, not because i can use it all the time.

i dont use it where i could not smoke, i still respect others wishes if they ask me not to use it, as the vapor can affect people differently, eg, the main effect is a dry throat, due to the PG and VG attracting moisture, some pubs near us allow them, but i wouldnt go in one and just assume i can, i ask first, its people being ignorant with them, that also grant them a bad name, like walking round asda with them, i saw someone using one in an aisle, you didnt smoke there, so why use that, all it does is give people reason to complain.

overall, they are healthier and cheaper, but anyone who has simply quit cigs and then say its easy need to remember, its not easy for everyone.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

BadgerG

Quote from: nub on Wednesday,March 05, 2014, 22:54:44
Vaping! is anybody else into it? i only started a few days ago to kick a 20-30 a day habit and its going great! i should have done this ages ago i feel so much better already.

anyways here';s a pic of my vaping gear and juices :smiley:

i';m vaping some watermelon just now and tastes lovely!

if your a smoker you should seriously consider giving this a go.

[attach=1]

Just looking into it. But I wasn';t a cigarette smoker, just cigars. But I really like the flavors. I will be getting some gear next payday.

dyls

I wanna re-light this thread?
I have now not smoked for just over a week.
After 29 years of smoking I feel that I';m on a winner with this vaping thing.
I certainly recommend people to try this method for giving up smoking.

Nothing worked for me until this.

Cheers
Dyl
Stay safe
Dyl

BadgerG

Quote from: HowDoIfly on Tuesday,March 18, 2014, 01:57:24
I';m a serial smoker and I have to say, this thread amuses me as, I';m fairly confident that should I wish, I can give up without any aids. The problem I have is that I don';t want to give up, I enjoy smoking (rolled tobacco, not the premade cigarrettes with untold added chemicals).

Before anyone takes offence, may I suggest that those who require a "prop" to "give up smoking" examine their reasoning? What I mean is that, over the decades I have smoked, I have met a lot of people who smoke for different reasons and that different reasons require different approaches to "quitting".

I';m not boasting when I say with certainty, that should I decide, I will give up smoking without assistance. How can I be so sure? I';ve actually done it without realising. I gave up without realising on a two-week holiday. Only when I was back in blighty, in a pub did someone offer me a smoke did I realise what happened.

The point being, since then, I';ve looked into reasons for smoking. They are many and varied. My dentist "gave up" smoking, only to become addicted to nicotine patches. I see the same happening with vapourisers. People are simply "converting" rather than giving up.

Don';t get me wrong, I';m not knocking anyone that tries to quit smoking, this is more a warning against anyone jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. I would prefer to see someone give up completely, rather than rest on a "vape" addiction safe in the knowledge it';s "less harmful" yet inadvertantly propping up a secondary addiction.

So what I suggest is that people examine "why" they smoke (or vape or use nicotine patches etc). For in this examination lies the antidote to their "habit", I';m sure.

Hope this helps.

There are juices that don';t contain nicotine BTW. And many people use those over the ones that contain nicotine, So vaping in it self isn';t a bad thing.

Just my 2 cents worth.

HowDoIfly

Quote from: BadgerG on Sunday,March 30, 2014, 17:24:40
There are juices that don';t contain nicotine BTW. And many people use those over the ones that contain nicotine, So vaping in it self isn';t a bad thing.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I didn';t know that, thanks. It does give credence to my observation that people smoke for varied and different reasons, not just the nicotine hit.

On another note, some of you might be interested in this article, if you';re not already aware. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/24/e-cig-dangers-liquid-nicotine-_n_5022522.html

Ifly4 no more, Hubsan X4, R550v2, X650F-V4

nub

these make for better reading ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-amy-fairchild/liquid-death-from-ecigare_b_5044145.html

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/03/25/e-cigarettes-nicotine-liquid-triggers-reefer-madness-in-the-new-york-times

http://voiceofvapers.com/rush-limbaugh-rips-new-york-times-over-e-cigarette-article/

http://www.ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_891.pdf

if there';s anything you need to be worrying about it';s the flavouring';s that could be used in some juices especially the creamy type flavours, its one of the main reason';s i';m trying to mix my own juices now so i know or have a better idea of what is exactly going in there.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Chippercheese

Quote from: nub on Sunday,March 30, 2014, 21:06:25
these make for better reading ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-amy-fairchild/liquid-death-from-ecigare_b_5044145.html

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/03/25/e-cigarettes-nicotine-liquid-triggers-reefer-madness-in-the-new-york-times

http://voiceofvapers.com/rush-limbaugh-rips-new-york-times-over-e-cigarette-article/

http://www.ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_891.pdf

if there';s anything you need to be worrying about it';s the flavouring';s that could be used in some juices especially the creamy type flavours, its one of the main reason';s i';m trying to mix my own juices now so i know or have a better idea of what is exactly going in there.

Welcome to the DIY club mate!

It';s a doddle once you get your basic proportions memorised (via calculator) :)

TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

nub

cheers :smiley:

i think its going to take a bit of time and patience to get a couple of all day vapes together, i have some Flavourart concentrates to play about with but they seem a little weak to me, though i';ve been mixing it with some AG nicotine base, think i need to get myself some PG to help carry the flavour i think from what i';ve read.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Chippercheese

Quote from: nub on Sunday,March 30, 2014, 21:18:21
cheers :smiley:

i think its going to take a bit of time and patience to get a couple of all day vapes together, i have some Flavourart concentrates to play about with but they seem a little weak to me, though i';ve been mixing it with some AG nicotine base, think i need to get myself some PG to help carry the flavour i think from what i';ve read.

I use PG nic base then make up the volume with VG and about 8-15% flavouring - works like a charm to get the flavour and cloud that I like, ends up roughly 50vg/50pg by default.
TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

teslahed

Quote from: HowDoIfly on Sunday,March 30, 2014, 19:31:24 On another note, some of you might be interested in this article, if you';re not already aware. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/24/e-cig-dangers-liquid-nicotine-_n_5022522.html

It surprises me it';s taken this long for people to realise.

Mg for Mg nicotine (LD50 = 30–60mg) is a deadlier poison than cyanide (LD50 = 200mg approx). That';s it';s whole point; it';s an insecticide that';s supposed to kill off beetles that eat tobacco plants. And it works very well except on tobacco beetles which have evolved to love the stuff and (i presume) go crazy if forced to eat regular plants.

Of course it';s absolutely fine to smoke nicotine as the quantities involved are so tiny.

If E-Cigs were a bit more mainstream people would be more aware of these dangers. As it is i can imagine the companies selling them would rather keep quiet than plaster their products with warning labels.

Your house is full of poisons that would kill a small child (or fully grown adult) if used wrong. Nicotine is another one of these - treat it accordingly. Maybe store it next to the other dangerous poisons where kids can';t get at it - problem solved ~~

nub

yes i agree but its the way the information is being presented, sensationalized and used as an argument against the use of e cig';s, did you see the headline of the original article? :laugh:

"Selling a Poison by the Barrel: Liquid Nicotine for E-Cigarettes"

cheers CC shall get some PG ordered and have a play about :laugh:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

teslahed

I agree it';s being overly sensationalised when you consider that houses are full of similarly deadly poisons. People should be aware of the risk but it';s not a reason to ban E-Cigs. It';s just a reason to store the liquids out of reach of children.

guest2350

I';m a smoker that really wants to give up. but the way I see these e-cigs is, although I believe they are safer than cigarettes, they are not really a means of breaking the bad habit, just a substitute. You';re still using all the similarities of a cigarette but without the smoke. You get the fix of nicotine, you get that hit at the back of the throat and you';re still putting something to your mouth to take a drag.
I gave up smoking once with the use of patches and some wrigleys gum. It lasted about two months until something got me stressed and I gave in to temptation.
It takes real will power to give up, but these e-cigs are a great alternative to smoking!

nub

yer and i agree with this too, there are plenty vapers out there that don';t plan on giving up anytime soon, i suppose its just down the person and if they really want to quit the nicotine habit, though nicotine doesn';t really do that much harm (in the right dosage) it can actually be good for you in a way from something i read the other day, i';ll have to go back and check that, was just something i skimmed over.

i think even if i did quit the nicotine, i';m only using 0.6mg at the moment i';d still vape sometimes, i find it quite a rather nice experience.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Jake Bullit

Is there a  way to put this topic on ignore,as it pi55e5 ne off everytime I see the title :banghead:

:whistling:
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

teslahed

What';s wrong with the title?

It';s an interesting subject and it';s in Off Topic where it belongs. I don';t think you can put it forum threads on ignore.

But i will change the title IF you come up with a good enough reason. And if nub doesn';t object.

DarkButterfly

Quote from: teslahed on Sunday,March 30, 2014, 22:23:45
I agree it';s being overly sensationalised when you consider that houses are full of similarly deadly poisons. People should be aware of the risk but it';s not a reason to ban E-Cigs. It';s just a reason to store the liquids out of reach of children.

Quote from: teslahed on Sunday,March 30, 2014, 21:58:51
It surprises me it';s taken this long for people to realise.

Mg for Mg nicotine (LD50 = 30–60mg) is a deadlier poison than cyanide (LD50 = 200mg approx). That';s it';s whole point; it';s an insecticide that';s supposed to kill off beetles that eat tobacco plants. And it works very well except on tobacco beetles which have evolved to love the stuff and (i presume) go crazy if forced to eat regular plants.

Of course it';s absolutely fine to smoke nicotine as the quantities involved are so tiny.

If E-Cigs were a bit more mainstream people would be more aware of these dangers. As it is i can imagine the companies selling them would rather keep quiet than plaster their products with warning labels.

Your house is full of poisons that would kill a small child (or fully grown adult) if used wrong. Nicotine is another one of these - treat it accordingly. Maybe store it next to the other dangerous poisons where kids can';t get at it - problem solved ~~

common sense really,

I don';t have children, but I still keep harmful substances locked away until needed.

on a side note, I was thinking about modding an e-cig to work as a smoke system for my plane, not with e-juice though  :laugh:
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]