Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 10:08:28

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

My new hobby, Nicotine vaping lol

Started by nub, Wednesday,March 05, 2014, 22:54:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Friskle

Malaysian made ..

Fizzy Mango and Fizzy Orange, absolutely brilliant flavour, serious shame british made flavours are shite really once you have had others,

Nasty Juice = Blackurrent+Lemonade = tasty :)
Nasty Juice = Mango = damn good flavouur ( if you like mango )
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

Andy7

Learned something today.
Apparantly (according to the guy who runs an Oxfordshire chain of stores) the flavours take time to ';steep';. The fruity ones take a couple of weeks to get to full flavour, and the darker, creamier ones can take up to 8 weeks.
I had a bottle of ZY4 that tasted like nothing, and he said it may have been TOO new after they had to restock after recent legislation came in... "improves with age" who knew!

Still, nice chap offered to refund or replace if mine didn';t improve  ~~

ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

Friskle

the new TPD rules are a bit of a pain, but at least i can still get the malaysian stuff, i made my own for a while, but with so many extremely good flavours out there, i see little point now, the main benefit only now imho, is quantity,

Mr Juicer flavours are out of this world, as are Nasty Juice, just a shame Mad Hatters I love Taffy may not be supplying whats required for the TPD..eg 10ml bottles, imho if you like peach, its  the only liquid to get, but just prior to the TPD ruling starting i bought 12 60ml bottles at fiver each, was 25 quid a bottle.

10 years vaping on the 6th of June just gone for me now, nd still not tired of it :)

if you like Mango, then Mr Juicer Mango, the taste is so spot on and plenty of strength to the flavour, its just better thn perfect, pretty much ll thier flvours are like that.

need some plastic bottles though...or my suitcase is going to have a lot of 10ml bottles in there lol.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

nub

i';m finally back on the vape and i have also given up my other habit that was holding me back :laugh: on the wagon for around 6 weeks never thought i';d see the day i would become a straighto but there you go.

currently vaping with a IPV8 and FreeMax Scyilla SV at the moment and can';t get enough of Pinkman (3mg) :laugh:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

DarkButterfly

Switched to SS wicks, what a difference in flavour, really liking it ~~
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

Jazzz

Just smoke cigarettes
It makes a better pilot

DarkButterfly

Massive craving hit and I gave in and bought some smokes, was doing well to stay off them too, need to change or tweak the vape juice to get back on track.  :banghead:

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

yorkiejeff

heisenberg is my fav at the moment. need to get some more tonight on the way home.

hoverfly

Quote from: DarkButterfly on Monday,July 24, 2017, 00:23:39
Massive craving hit and I gave in and bought some smokes, was doing well to stay off them too, need to change or tweak the vape juice to get back on track.  :banghead:
Smoking  will stunt your growth,,and if you haven';t got one you soon will. ::)
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Friskle

Quote from: DarkButterfly on Monday,July 24, 2017, 00:23:39

Damn 10 years vaping now. never once had the need to touch a cig  :laugh:
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

Two-Six

I have given up my old man pipe for good.  It was way too embarrassing to smoke it in public anyway.  I am now 100% on the vape now. 

I just bought a Smok Alien 220Watt mod, with a Kylin re-buildable twin coil tank.  Its insane!   :tongue:

Very moorish.

I also recently bought an Innokin Endura T20 which is much more like actual smoking, especially with some baccy flavoured liquid.  That is getting me over the hump of those smokes that I miss in a day.  The one in the morning with my coffee, after lunch, after dinner....

Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

DarkButterfly

Does anyone mix their own juice?

Is it more hassle than its worth?

YouTube channel

apollo7

Quote from: DarkButterfly on Friday,September 15, 2017, 00:52:35
Does anyone mix their own juice?

Is it more hassle than its worth?
I looked into it but felt it was more hassle, i get my juice from SMK, Absolutely december Menthol/Blueberry mix
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Two-Six

Talking to the guys in my local vape shop, the problem is that you need to let the VG/PG/nicotine liquid "STEEP" so that it absorbs the flavouring for at least a few weeks.  If you don';t wait then it will taste of nothing much.

Then if you find you don';t like it, you have wasted weeks waiting and now have loads of horrible flavoured e-liquid to get rid of.

That said, the ingredients are very very cheap and could be miles better value than buying 10ml bottles.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I might well give it a go.  One thing post TPD, you can';t buy nicotine unless its mixed with PG with a max strength of 24mg/100ml strength.  (I think)...Still probably better than buying it neat.....Its potentially lethal and can be absorbed through the skin.

So they say...

All you need are a few bottles, perhaps a syringe or two, some scales and mixing cups.

If you have a go let us know how you get on...Also I found a site that sells all the stuff you need to get mixing...There are a few of them.

Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

VaNDAL_UK

Buy in pre mixed flavours don';t have to faff with separate flavours, recipes, syringes testing and all that hassle.

Flavour Boss 500ml for about £15 ish. buy PG and VG from Darrent Chemicals. Nicotine i';m not sure no had to buy any since the stoopid regulation crap.

One shot flavours from Chefs Vapour or Darkstar.

They do all the clone';s of mother milk, unicron milk, blue slush is a good one shake & vape!!

Job done.

(can';t get away from steeping though).

Oh yeah TOP TIP! add the nicotine after the steeping!  ~~

DarkButterfly

I’ve fallen off the wagon again and gone back to rollies :/

YouTube channel

Two-Six

GET BACK ON IT!

Just think how hard it was to stop the last time, do you really want to be there again?

Smoking.......hummmmmmmm

Actually what it so good about it? 

Stinking of fags, fag ash everywhere, burnt clothes, yellow fingers, yellow teeth, not to mention that gnawing fear of contracting something horrible, the guilt, the denial, the excuses, the crushing social pressure.......good job I don't do it anymore, there isn't much future in it.

I think I am over it now.  Vaping is harmless, I can do it whenever I want without feeling bad and to be honest tastes better than burnt tarry smokey old smoke and its also nice to be able to smell and taste stuff again.  I appreciate that often, except when being near smelly people who I now notice, sadly.

Blissfully unaware before of how some people totally stink.  :rolleyes:

OK, so you had a packet or two of baccy, no big deal, much better than another 200+++++ if you go back to the hobby.

Not smoking is easy, just don't do it.  Simple as....pretty much...

Reman

Quote from: Two-Six on Monday,June 04, 2018, 20:34:06
Vaping is harmless

There's no scientific proof of that........ Though there IS proof of it being many orders of magnitude LESS harmful than smoking. :)

I feel sorry for people turning to vaping now. When I started you could go into any vape shop and get 30ml bottles of 36mg e-liquid. If that wasn't enough, If you knew where to look you could get 42mg or sometimes even 60mg (Only usually available on the quiet via a few online shop owners, And only then after you've been chatting to them for a bit on vaping forums). When I started I'd already weaned myself down to about 30 superking lights a day, But I still NEEDED 36mg liquid to keep the cravings under control. I had to load up on nicotine to overcome missing the other junk they fill your average ciggy with (Like tar, formaldehyde and hydrogen cyanide !!!). The 18mg max you can get now just wouldn't have worked for me and I'd still be a smoker.  :(

By the time the first phase of that ill thought out pile of cr4p called the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) came in I'd already been DIY mixing for over a year, So I'd made sure to have 5 or 6 litres of 72mg nic in PG stashed in the freezer before it became hard to get. That's been nice for me, But it's been a godsend for a couple of other family members because since the TPD came in I've been able to help them out by mix up enough 36mg e-liquid to last them for a month or two. That's usually about long enough to break the ciggy habit and get down to 18mg shop bought liquids.

These days I'm on 12mg DIY juice. I dropped from 24 to 12 about a year back, So it's probabbly about time to drop it down again (Probably 6mg).

One little tip (But it's on your own head if you decide to follow the suggestion. :) ), If you find you miss the "Throat hit" of ciggys when vaping, Try adding between 5 and 10% good quality vodka to the liquid (No more than that as it'll make you cough your lungs up). Make sure it's decent stuff though as the cheap supermarket "Value vodka" usually isn't particularly pure. It gives the vapour some bite and feels like you're vaping at a much higher nic level. I did this for about 3 months when I dropped to 12mg and it really helped.
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Two-Six

The nic level kind of depends on your device, I have a twin coil Kylin tank and its makes chunky chewy clouds. Anything more than 6mg would be too much. For my other tank an Innokin Endura T20, its more like actual smoking with a tighter draw.  I use 18 MG liquid in that (usually baccy flavored) and also than ns20 elements baccy liquid is good in it.    I don't use it much now actually, once a day perhaps. 

I am getting much less bothered about nic levels which is nice, I think I could probably go to 3mg's and not notice I am missing something most of the time.

OK, so its not 100% harmless but its got to be better than real smoking by a long long way.  No comparison, not the same game at all, not even slightly similar in terms of health damage. 

For now I am going with almost harmless.

YAY ~~

Apple-Berry Crumble...Very Moorish  :rolleyes:

mo_miah

What's a good mod and tank these days?
ideally i want something that i can easily get hold of coils and spares
im not a cloud chaser, flavour and smooth smoke is what i would like, don't need a throat hit or anything like that
i like the smok range but there's so many i don't know where to start

Reman

Quote from: mo_miah on Monday,July 30, 2018, 13:36:37
What's a good mod and tank these days?

If you're willing to take the plunge to rebuildables then the Kayfun Prime (Or one of it's many clones), plus the "Tank extension kit" seem a really good option. Once you get used to wicking it (Not hard) they're a breeze to live with, And if the wick gets gunked up you just pull out the cotton, Dry burn the coil, Then add more cotton.

With a bag of cotton and a spool of wire you're set for years, And it works out at a fraction of the price of buying coil heads.
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

mo_miah

Quote from: Reman on Tuesday,July 31, 2018, 07:28:29
If you're willing to take the plunge to rebuildables then the Kayfun Prime (Or one of it's many clones), plus the "Tank extension kit" seem a really good option. Once you get used to wicking it (Not hard) they're a breeze to live with, And if the wick gets gunked up you just pull out the cotton, Dry burn the coil, Then add more cotton.

With a bag of cotton and a spool of wire you're set for years, And it works out at a fraction of the price of buying coil heads.

rebuild-able is cheaper in the long run but i would like an easy option to start with, coils that i can just drop in and go

Reman

Experiance of subtank coils says it's rairly that easy. I was finding even genuine kanger coils would have 1 dud in 5. I personally feel that it's a lot less hassle just replacing the cotton every once and a while, but then again, I only vape menthol these days so the wick last for weeks without needing changing, and I think I've had the same coil in there for over 6 months.

mo_miah

are the tanks interchangeable between brands? could i get say a SMOK mod and use the rebuildable tank on that?
whats a good mod?

DarkButterfly

Quote from: mo_miah on Tuesday,July 31, 2018, 09:28:52
rebuild-able is cheaper in the long run but i would like an easy option to start with, coils that i can just drop in and go

I use a cuboid 150 with the riftcore duo tank, no coils, you only need to replace the cotton when the flavour starts to diminish.

YouTube channel

DarkButterfly

Quote from: mo_miah on Tuesday,July 31, 2018, 09:55:24
are the tanks interchangeable between brands? could i get say a SMOK mod and use the rebuildable tank on that?
whats a good mod?

yes they are, nearly all are 510 threading apart from the eGo atomizers which need an adapter.

YouTube channel

shawdreamer

of all the multitude of mods, Rdta and Rda etc Ive used over the years Ive ended up settling on one of the most simple and cheap ones Ive ever tried.

The Geekvape Avocado 24.

such a easy build to use and very flexible in regards to coil choice and Ohm preference (works well with SS, Clapton, single or dual coil, 1ohm+ or sub Ohm), easy clean refill (which can be a pain in the a4se with Rdta generally).

I build mine single coil, sub Ohm Stainless @40watt, tastes great and a single toke can set of every smoke alarm in the house :laugh:
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

DarkButterfly

Quote from: shawdreamer on Tuesday,July 31, 2018, 11:10:20
of all the multitude of mods, Rdta and Rda etc Ive used over the years Ive ended up settling on one of the most simple and cheap ones Ive ever tried.

The Geekvape Avocado 24.

such a easy build to use and very flexible in regards to coil choice and Ohm preference (works well with SS, Clapton, single or dual coil, 1ohm+ or sub Ohm), easy clean refill (which can be a pain in the a4se with Rdta generally).

I build mine single coil, sub Ohm Stainless @40watt, tastes great and a single toke can set of every smoke alarm in the house :laugh:

I've just ordered one of these, seen rave reviews about it, got the perfect mod to put it on too ::)

YouTube channel

mo_miah

What mods are you using? think i will get a rebuild-able tank, seems easy enough to do

shawdreamer

they tend to get dismissed cos their still going at really low cost but their definitely worth the money and then some.

theyve got a nice easy build deck which is great in both dual and single coil setup, theres enough space to even use the wider Stainless coils I like to use (think there about 1cm wide so dont fit in some of the other more cramped build decks), the extras that come with it are quite good too.

porcelain air duct if you chose to use single coil setup (plugs the second set of tank feed holes used for dual coils while also redirecting air up and onto the side of the wick/coil for better air flow)

a spare tank glass (one clear, one misted)

three drip tip adapters so you can use your favorite or use their own

best of all though is the filling technique, like I said its the cleanest Ive used so far on a RDTA, you can even get away with filling using a stock unicorn spout rather than the annoying need for a syringe tip on your topup bottle, makes life so much easier, the little latch cover that covers the fill holes and the fact the airflow is top-in rather than the usual bottom up also means the onlt time you'll see a leak is if you literally hold the thing upside down for a few minutes.
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]