Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 21:07:57

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

My new hobby, Nicotine vaping lol

Started by nub, Wednesday,March 05, 2014, 22:54:44

Previous topic - Next topic

nub

Vaping! is anybody else into it? i only started a few days ago to kick a 20-30 a day habit and its going great! i should have done this ages ago i feel so much better already.

anyways here';s a pic of my vaping gear and juices :smiley:

i';m vaping some watermelon just now and tastes lovely!

if your a smoker you should seriously consider giving this a go.

[attach=1]
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Chippercheese

Quote from: nub on Wednesday,March 05, 2014, 22:54:44
Vaping! is anybody else into it? i only started a few days ago to kick a 20-30 a day habit and its going great! i should have done this ages ago i feel so much better already.

anyways here';s a pic of my vaping gear and juices :smiley:

i';m vaping some watermelon just now and tastes lovely!

if your a smoker you should seriously consider giving this a go.

[attach=1]

Damn right!
I';ve been vaping for about 14 months now - gone from rubbish cig shaped rubbish, to ego kits, to fancy variable voltage mod';s to mechanical mods and rebuildable atomisers and making my own juice.

Appeals to the tinkerer in me, just like multi';s ;)
TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

fruitsalad

me too..
try the blackjack and parma voilet juices....wicked flavours   ::)
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Chippercheese

TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

nub

:o wow that';s a nice selection you got there CC :smiley:

is that a vamo you got there? was thinking of getting one them but just went for the EVOD VV to try keep my initial costs down :laugh:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Chippercheese

Yeah my trusty, rusty vamo - I';ve abused it something rotten and it keeps on trucking (after replacing the top cap with the stainless steel version haha)

nub

aye seems pretty decent for the price from what i';ve seen of it in some videos.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Chippercheese

Aye, it';s a good performer. You can save a buttload on it if you order from fasttech.com - same old "ordering from Hong Kong" drill as with hobbyking though, but the savings are worth it.

teslahed

I';m disappointed more isn';t done to promote nicotine vaporisers. It could save the NHS a fortune and it has to be better for you than smoking the real thing.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

barneyg

Chippercheese

:whistling:

barneyg

Quote from: Chippercheese on Thursday,March 06, 2014, 00:07:13
Then don';t :)

Bah you got to it before I could remove it ... You are right, I don';t use either one ... I apologise for my post ... its not my place to comment on what other people find pleasurable/relaxing if it isn';t negatively impacting me, but my "tongue" ran away with me ... which is why I tried to remove my comment.   

Chippercheese

Dunno what you';re talking about  :whistling:

To be fair though, it gets my goat when people say things like that when they have no stake in the matter.

I personally know the risks, I read the studies that get published and I';m willing to take responsibility for any consequences. I consider vaping to be a risk mitigation strategy, I';ll take unknown (and by all accounts, unlikely) complications over known carcinogens, heart disease and emphysema. Aside from being ridiculously addictive, nicotine helps me deal with an underlying mental health "quirk" - which is actually quite a common factor for those with mental health issues.

You (not specifically "you" but anyone who is against smoking or vaping) are free to make your choices, so please allow me to make mine. (Again, not directed specifically at your good self)

teslahed

Everything involves some risk but if you look into the likely risks of vaporising nicotine containing fluid vs the known risks of smoking the real stuff - there';s no comparison.

History might prove me wrong - everyone vaping the stuff might die of cancer next year or grow a second head or something. But i think it';s very unlikely. As adults we should be allowed to make these kinds of choices for ourselves.

And it';s definitely true that nicotine itself helps a great many people with various slight (and in some cases not so slight) mental health problems. Most drugs that help with such issues have horrible side effects. Nicotine taken without the various carcinogens found in burning tobacco doesn';t.

I successfully quit smoking about 6 years ago. I was never that heavy a smoker. If i hadn';t been able to quit and still smoked i would definitely be using the E-Cigs now though.

And if you are making your own fluid like chippercheese rather than buying it from some random factory in china where it';s possibly made without any real health and safety legislation or quality control because it';s unlicensed even though it';s technically legal - even better ~~

I bet they bring out some interesting flavours in Denver and Washington soon though :laugh:

nub

Quote from: teslahed on Wednesday,March 05, 2014, 23:46:34
I';m disappointed more isn';t done to promote nicotine vaporisers. It could save the NHS a fortune and it has to be better for you than smoking the real thing.

yup it could and it sure is, the problem is some people are going to lose out on quite a bit of cash if most smokers do migrate to vaping, that';s why there';s been a lot of bad press/propaganda regarding e cigs over the last few months.

for me this is a break through, i';m an asthma sufferer with the early signs of COPD so anything that gets me off the cigs ASAP can only be a good thing IMHO, i have a very addictive personality and find it very hard to give up habits like this, yes i know i';m weak :laugh:

i think the main concern for most are the e juices, personally i wouldn';t mind seeing some sort of regulation come in if its going to protect vapers from vaping low grade/quality dodgy juices but to be honest so far from what i';ve read its not really a concern if you do your research beforehand.

ach i';m having fun , my health is improving, and i';m not doing any harm to anybody else around me.

if anybody fancies trying some 100% VG Johnson Creek Red Oak - Solstice PM me i have a 15ml bottle that';s going to just sit there, the honey dew kind of ruins it for me, reminds of cough medicine a bit.

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

dockman

Quote from: nub on Thursday,March 06, 2014, 08:58:11
yup it could and it sure is, the problem is some people are going to lose out on quite a bit of cash if most smokers do migrate to vaping, that';s why there';s been a lot of bad press/propaganda regarding e cigs over the last few months.

Big tobacco is scared they will lose profit yes, but they fail to realize that the e-liquids nicotine has to come from somewhere, if they were smart they would start producing it themselves. 

All the bad press is pretty much by big tobacco, change is scary.
I fly stuff

Biffa

I quick smoking just over 2 years ago, wish I had have found vaping as I loved a cig with a beer or a cup of tea/coffee.

Despite the government(s) always harping on about the risks of smoking and the ';cost'; to the health service they haven';t really put much effort into discouraging real smokers because of the revenue it brings in.

That far out ways the cost to the NHS and everyone knows it and there is no way they could tax vaping as they do tobacco. The bad press and negativity, all revenue based to discourage smokers from dropping tobacco products the gov can tax moving on to something they cannot.
Steve

teslahed

No one can accuse the government of acting rationally (at least in terms of our best health interests) on this subject.

The (unfortunately / amusingly named) Professor Nutt made some good points;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11660210

Then he was fired.

XH558

And you bunch of weird substance and vapour ';inhalers'; had a pop at me for using Amyl Nitrate legitimately in diesel fuel  :rofl: :rofl:

Quote from: Biffa on Wednesday,March 05, 2014, 16:45:22
Wasn';t the hippies that loved it. It was more the recreational drug of choice for another section of society :rolleyes:

We used to keep viles of it at a place I worked years ago in case of Cyanide ingestion.

:nananana: :nananana:
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

teslahed

Amyl Nitrate is still prescribed for certain heart conditions as it rapidly lowers your blood pressure which can be beneficial at times.

As long as you don';t fall over and hit your head it isn';t likely to do you much harm. Unless you get it on yourself or already suffer from dangerously low blood pressure.

Not that i can possibly recommend it of course. Absolutely shocking behaviour that :rolleyes:

:laugh:

flybywire

Quote from: Chippercheese on Thursday,March 06, 2014, 00:21:29
Dunno what you';re talking about  :whistling:

To be fair though, it gets my goat when people say things like that when they have no stake in the matter.

I personally know the risks, I read the studies that get published and I';m willing to take responsibility for any consequences. I consider vaping to be a risk mitigation strategy, I';ll take unknown (and by all accounts, unlikely) complications over known carcinogens, heart disease and emphysema. Aside from being ridiculously addictive, nicotine helps me deal with an underlying mental health "quirk" - which is actually quite a common factor for those with mental health issues.

You (not specifically "you" but anyone who is against smoking or vaping) are free to make your choices, so please allow me to make mine. (Again, not directed specifically at your good self)

Hey bud, if it gets you thru?! 

Good luck to you CC, but I hope one day you find a way to enjoy life without the props, I';ve tried most things, but in the end, less is best.   ~~

';Ooh mrs';, ';props'; a pun there somewhere  :sick:
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

nub

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Friskle

Been vaping now for nearly 4 years, now got the innokin MVP since it first came out now, superb machine, kitted with a Kangatech Pro tank II, the amount of juices i have tried now is, well, loads of them, and so far, the T-Juice liquids are spot on for flavour.

my Doctor loves them and the idea, but you also have the ones that dont, and say but you aint quit, to a point thats true, i have not quit nicotine, but have quit the other 4000 chemicals, also consider that the other two ingredients are in most of the foods we eat on a daily basis, are bases for a lot of medical treatments even cough mixture etc etc.

these are a great idea for those of us that simply could not totally quit even due to health reasons, but also good for those that merely want to carry on but be a bit healthier doing it.

lets also not forget costs, which is the basis for all the arguments against it, it costs me £5 a week, whereas if still smoking i would now be on about £70 a week on cigs, if not for vaping, i would have died of a heart attack, since vaping my blood pressure dropped a heck of a lot, no chesty coughs every morning, no wheezing...
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

nub

well done Friskle, aye its mad when you think about it, we know and feel the damage its doing but yet we continue to puff on.

i';ve heard a few good things about the T-juice range, and deff plan on giving them a go at some point, seen some really good reviews for triphammer';s stuff too, he does some very interesting flavours i';d like to give a try.

found this site if you guys don';t know about it already, they sell 1ml samples of quite a few brands so you can give them a little test before going out to buy more, testing juices/flavours at 10ml a time can start to get a little expensive.

http://www.smokerainbow.com/
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

nub

http://www.efvi.eu/index.html

get signing fellow vapers if you';ve not already done so :smiley:

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

dyls

I';m a little surprised at the high use of these gadgets.
But if it isn';t us flying gadget obsessed people who are buying who would be.
School kids.
Yep its true in my kids school (11-18) its rife.
The school are treating it like any other gadget.
No phone.
No Ipods.
No Vaps.
But they (the school) have also spun the kids some misinformation.
Saying things like "the pipe are made of lead and you';ll get poisoned".
I have set my kids straight.
Honesty and information.
I have told them I don';t want them to start but I know I couldn';t stop them if they do start.
I can take away their TV, PC, Tablet, Phone and bed frame if need be.
A day without TV and computers seems to do the trick so far.

But now for me, what do I buy?
I';ve been looking at these things for quite a while.

I like the look of Chippercheese';s Blue vap and the one next to it.
I want the liquid to contain nicotine.
I smoke about 20 a days at smooth strength.
I will  probably want none nicotine liquid as well.
That is of course once I can kick the habit of nicotine..

So please guys which should I buy and what should I stay away from?
Stay safe
Dyl

ZMR250+Naze-acro,Turnigy 9x, (FPV) Phil built (FLYAWAY)
550      +APM         ,    "-"       ,   "-"   Peter built
X525(Cut to 400)+KK2+Futaba 6EX (Crashed)

teslahed

Quote from: dyls on Friday,March 14, 2014, 23:22:29 School kids.
No phone.
No Ipods.
No Vaps.
Honesty and information.
I have told them I don';t want them to start but I know I couldn';t stop them if they do start.

That is a bit worrying and i can';t help but feel that if (when?) the government tries to ban these things they will make the point that kids are using them in order to justify cracking down.

I would argue this shows they should be regulated like cigarettes and alcohol to make selling them to children illegal and prosecutable in the same way. There should be laws against selling children drugs.

But if the government introduced laws covering E-Cigs to do this it would also be seeming to give people the nod to keep selling and using them. So i predict the government will do nothing until there is a big public outcry after some tabloids run stories about kids getting hooked on heroin after using E-Cigs at which point they';ll have the excuse they need to close down the tax loophole and force people to either quit or else go back to expensive NHS subsidising fags instead.

What kind of kids are smoking E-Cigs? Is it cool? Are more children addicted to nicotine than were 20 years ago or is it just that the ones that would be smoking anyway are now smoking E-Cigs instead?

Chippercheese

Quote from: dyls on Friday,March 14, 2014, 23:22:29
I';m a little surprised at the high use of these gadgets.
But if it isn';t us flying gadget obsessed people who are buying who would be.
School kids.
No phone.
No Ipods.
No Vaps.
Honesty and information.

But now for me, what do I buy?
I';ve been looking at these things for quite a while.

I like the look of Chippercheese';s Blue vap and the one next to it.
I want the liquid to contain nicotine.
I smoke about 20 a days at smooth strength.
I will  probably want none nicotine liquid as well.
That is of course once I can kick the habit of nicotine..

So please guys which should I buy and what should I stay away from?

Hehe the ones you like would have to be the most difficult to explain, wouldn';t they? :P

Ok, so basically the blue one and the silver one next to it are known as "mechanical mods" - in the sense that they don';t contain any electronics, just a battery with a spring switch to close the circuit and fire it up. (Pass current through coiled resistance wire, which heats the liquid to vapourisation point). Since they don';t contain any electronics, there are pro';s and cons.

Pro - simplicity... No circuit board to fail or wires/solder to break. You can run them over with a truck and they';d probably be OK.

Con - can be dangerous... As we RC enthusiasts know, if you discharge a lithium battery too hard, it can basically explode. Not good when it';s contained in a metal tube in your face! Since there';s no circuitry in the tube, there';s no short circuit or over-draw protection. The batteries I use are "safer" chemistry IMR batteries, so they would be more likely to "puff" then explode, but still....

Pro - control... most people who use mech mods will use a rebuildable atomiser too - basically, we wind our own heating coils with whatever resistance we like. Since the protected e-cigs usually won';t let you fire it below 1.2ohms, you can use a mech mod with coils that are in the 0.4-1.0 ohm range, producing a "hotter" vapour. Plus, wire and wick is dirt cheap compared to pre-packaged atomisers. You CAN use regular "clearomisers" (the tanks that hold your liquid and contain the heating coil), but since the voltage drops while discharging the battery like one of the lipo';s we use in our multi';s, the higher resistance can lower performance after a short time of use between charges.

Con - complexity! While the mechanics of the thing are simple as pie, there';s a fair amount of this kind of info to take on board! But when you suss it, you';re golden, much like our gadget-crazy multirotor hobby  :laugh:

dyls

Mech mods.
I';ve had a good look around and am still unsure on what to go for.
I';m not sure I would like to wire up my own elements. :blink
I just need something to get me into it.
Once in., and I can see it working (me sticking with it) I';d spend/infest more.
Do you guys know any good web sites that you have used?
And more importantly what did you buy and would now think it wise for me to buy?
Thanks
Dyl
Stay safe
Dyl

ZMR250+Naze-acro,Turnigy 9x, (FPV) Phil built (FLYAWAY)
550      +APM         ,    "-"       ,   "-"   Peter built
X525(Cut to 400)+KK2+Futaba 6EX (Crashed)

Chippercheese

Quote from: dyls on Saturday,March 15, 2014, 02:57:50
Mech mods.
I';ve had a good look around and am still unsure on what to go for.
I';m not sure I would like to wire up my own elements. :blink
I just need something to get me into it.
Once in., and I can see it working (me sticking with it) I';d spend/infest more.
Do you guys know any good web sites that you have used?
And more importantly what did you buy and would now think it wise for me to buy?
Thanks
Dyl

Honestly? As a newbie, I';d grab a Vamo from fasttech, an iClear 30 from same, a couple of eFest IMR 18350 batteries and a charger (Google for best UK supplier) and your choice of juice from Alba Vapours.