Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,May 10, 2024, 18:52:31

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

what to choose!!!!

Started by gilly, Monday,November 03, 2014, 17:50:55

Previous topic - Next topic

gilly

right ladies and gents it';s crunch time!!!! ive been flying my models on a futaba 6ex 2.4ghz since they where first released!!! needless to say its a bit old and dog eared now (but still hasnt put a foot wrong and works beautifully!!) also it';s only 6ch and has no 3 pos switches or pots. i need more channels!!!

i did have my heart well and truly set on a frsky taranis, it';s a top bit of kit (ive had a play with a mates) and for it';s price it';s amazing! however......at the end of the day it';s still £170 + £20 for a second rx. like i said you get a lot for your money but it';s still a fair bit of cash.

then i started looking at things like the turnigy 9xr which will fulfil my reason for upgrade (more channels) but are half the cost, granted they lack a lot of the bells and whistles the taranis has but it';s half the price for a reason.

im currently in one of those positions with a devil on one shoulder saying "get the taranis, it does this and this this and you can do this and this, it';s the dogs!!! you need it!!!" and an angel on the other saying " save your money for more important things, do you really NEED to have this function or that function?? you can still fly without the ability to do that, how often are you really going to use that?"

i just need some info from the right people and a gentle push in the correct direction!! im open to other considerations besides the 9xr i just used it as an example.

ideally this question goes out to those that have a bit of experience with different tx';s. 

robshaw

I use a 9XR.  I';ve had it since they came out pretty much. I';ve upgraded the firmware to opentx.  Its never missed a beat. I have been toying with getting a taranis recently but it';s not top of my priority list and I don';t really need one. The only thing that';s make me think I should upgrade is the fact I fly over £1k';s worth of tbs pro with a £50 tx. Seems a bit backwards.
But I have no problem with it at all.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

gilly

Quote from: robshaw on Monday,November 03, 2014, 18:01:49
I use a 9XR.  I';ve had it since they came out pretty much. I';ve upgraded the firmware to opentx.  Its never missed a beat. I have been toying with getting a taranis recently but it';s not top of my priority list and I don';t really need one. The only thing that';s make me think I should upgrade is the fact I fly over £1k';s worth of tbs pro with a £50 tx. Seems a bit backwards.
But I have no problem with it at all.

cheers buddy good to know it works ok. what module are you using in it??. i think the only thing the taranis has to offer that i will "miss" (cant really miss it as i';ve never used it) is the telemetry but i don';t really NEED it.

yeh i can see where your coming from!!! thats a fair bit of cash you have floating in the air!!! im just a hobby flyer struggling to justify flying £100 worth of quad copter with £170 worth of radio gear lol

xxpitt

there is a 9xr pro out which is alot closer in spec to the taranis, i fly my 9xr with ezuhf jr module and mines still on stock settings, must of had it over a year and its not let me down yet

miniconverter

There';s a nice second-hand  Taranis in the for sale section now. Like new with RX never been used to fly.

xxpitt

Quote from: miniconverter on Monday,November 03, 2014, 18:19:24
There';s a nice second-hand  Taranis in the for sale section now. Like new with RX never been used to fly.

thats kind of worrying, what did they use it for then?

gilly

Quote from: xxpitt on Monday,November 03, 2014, 18:21:26
thats kind of worrying, what did they use it for then?

i like the cut of your :laugh: jib

robshaw

Quote from: gilly on Monday,November 03, 2014, 18:14:37
cheers buddy good to know it works ok. what module are you using in it??. i think the only thing the taranis has to offer that i will "miss" (cant really miss it as i';ve never used it) is the telemetry but i don';t really NEED it.

yeh i can see where your coming from!!! thats a fair bit of cash you have floating in the air!!! im just a hobby flyer struggling to justify flying £100 worth of quad copter with £170 worth of radio gear lol

I am running the ezuhf jr module in my 9XR. Its a nice little perk of having a 9XR or taranis over a futaba. You get to use jr modules.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Trev2971

This a question I keep asking myself ... but Ive not come up with an answer lol!

Im using a 9x at the mo and worry about range Im pushing a bit further on FPV and feel the worry is outweighing my enjoyment

I have lots of quads 4 disco';s and 3 minis

been thinking of a 9XR with a EZUHF module but how do I get round the receivers at £80 each!

the way I look at it if I need to man up one model or maybe 2 I feel dragonlink may  be my answer?

getting me down this is lol!  :frantic: ... need help or sell a couple of disco';s
TBS Discovery v1 Naza FC / 3d print gimbal
TBS Discovery NazeAcro £100 Special
Alien 500 clone Multiwii
Flamewheel
TBS Discovery Naze32 full
Tbs Discovery aq500pro fc
RCX mini naze acro
Blackout Mini naze acro
HK550 scratch mini nazeacro
building a carbon tri
Hubsan X4 H107L (2)
Hubsan 107D and 10

flybywire

Plus one for Taranis ezuhf, it was pretty easy to setup, and firmware via USB.  Yes, it costs a bit, but you';ll have it for ten years probably!
£170?  Sure mine was cheaper than that, more like £135.

You don';t fancy another Futaba then?  I know they can be pricey, and no uhf option, probably best for planks, or mid range maybe?

Andy
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

gilly

Quote from: flybywire on Tuesday,November 04, 2014, 19:13:14
Plus one for Taranis ezuhf, it was pretty easy to setup, and firmware via USB.  Yes, it costs a bit, but you';ll have it for ten years probably!
£170?  Sure mine was cheaper than that, more like £135.

You don';t fancy another Futaba then?  I know they can be pricey, and no uhf option, probably best for planks, or mid range maybe?

Andy

not overly interested in uhf, i have no real desire to fly it long distance 2.4ghz should give me all the range i need. i';ve been searching high and low lately and most stores are coming out at £170 for a taranis tx - rx combo plus i will need a second receiver for my other quad. doesnt help the taranis is in high demand and production can';t keep up. if you find one for that price let me know and i';ll book mark it!!!

i would love another futaba, mines god knows how many years old now (at least 7-8) and never had a single issue despite being left out in the rain a couple of times and generally treated like crap!! i love it!! just not enough channels, no 3 pos switch. only problem is i took a look at  new futaba tx';s that would suit my multi-rotor needs, a house brick swiftly fell from my rear end when i saw the price tags attached to them and that idea was confined to the "when im rich" pile  :laugh:

guest325

You wouldn';t go far wrong with one of these:
http://www.airtekhobbies.com/aurora9.html
It will do anything you need to do, and it';s very easy to program.

gilly

Quote from: DarrellW on Tuesday,November 04, 2014, 22:02:54
You wouldn';t go far wrong with one of these:
http://www.airtekhobbies.com/aurora9.html
It will do anything you need to do, and it';s very easy to program.

nice bit of kit i';ll definitely give you that, more expensive than a taranis though and my issue was sparing the money for one of those.

guest325

It is compared to the others you are looking at but rx';s can be reasonable: http://www.t9hobbysport.com/rc-gear/frsky-hitec-receivers
Plus its such an easy tx to program, I';ve just (for the first time) set up my first 4 servo wing on a glider to give all of the options available, much easier than any other tx I';ve tried. Good luck with your choice, hope you get properly sorted!

jimbo385

I bought a Taranis Plus from Robotbirds and just love it. My JR PCM9X2 is to be retired once I get all of my models converted.

For Multirotors I generally use the D4R-II rx on PPM at around £18.5 it';s a good deal.
F450 Clone KK2.0 General Batting around!

FPV550 KK2.0 FPV No gear on it yet!

DJI F350 Naza Lite Naza Experience

FPV 250 With RCTimer Power kit. Pocket Rocket!

Wishlist - Tarot FY680 Pro