Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,January 25, 2020, 20:27:14

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Rares Gosav:
17 Jan 2020 17:44:22
Hi guys and happy new year!!!
ched:
01 Jan 2020 00:12:50
Happy new year everyone, happy flying.  :beer2: :beer2:
Gaza07:
31 Dec 2019 17:06:13
Happy new year all hope 2020 is a cracking year for you  :beer2:
ched:
25 Dec 2019 00:00:49
Happy Christmas to everyone.
apollo7:
24 Dec 2019 13:50:56
Seasons greetings to all on this forum have a good one ;)
ched:
21 Dec 2019 17:58:42
Have a great time DB. Look forward your projects in 2020.  :beer2:
hoverfly:
21 Dec 2019 16:59:17
Have a good one D.B. ~~ :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:
DarkButterfly:
21 Dec 2019 16:14:27
 :beer2:
DarkButterfly:
21 Dec 2019 16:13:44
Tbh I've been really busy, not had much time to fly anything and with conditions being crap, hopefully in the new year I'll have some new projects on the go, mostly to do with HAM radio, will certainly fly again soon. FTR I hate FB too   :D Merry Christmas
Gaza07:
21 Dec 2019 15:21:30
Merry Christmas  :beer2:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197509
  • Total Topics: 19930
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 27
Total: 29

Theme Changer

thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Flyduspider

Started by Jumpy07, Wednesday,October 24, 2012, 14:24:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpy07

Wednesday,October 24, 2012, 14:24:59 Last Edit: Tuesday,December 04, 2012, 21:44:29 by Jumpy07
This is my Hex Flyduspider, but as many know I am having second thoughts about using it for FPV as there just isnt enough room..

Frame: Flyduspider Hex
Skids: Gaui
Motors: Keda 20-22L 17A 924Kv Hacker Style Brushless Outrunner Motor
ESC: Simonk Flashed 30a
Props: 8x4.5
FC: Crius AIO Pro with MegaPirateNG
Ubec: 5amp Turnigy
Filter: 8 Amp LC Filter for Video VCC feed
GPS: LEA-6H
OSD: MinimOSD
RX: D8R-XP with FrSky telemetry
Video TX: 5.8Ghz
Video TX Antenna: Immersonic Skew
FPV Camera: Sony 700tvl with OSD
Telemetry: 3DR 433Mhz Radios
Mavlink to FrSky Telemetry Interface: JD-IO (allows telemetry data on er9x when flying LOS)
Battery: 4000mah 3S Turnigy

Intend to put another shelf/layer on FC to cover JD-IO board and MinimOSD, will also raise GPS antenna..  still have some wiring to do on video. I have flown it twice with just the FC connected.. ie: no video etc etc.. seemed very powerful.. will need to see whats it like with all the extra bits fitted.. max prop size with camera where it is are 8"..  if I move the camera could get 9" props on.

To fit a GoPro you can get a mount that hangs of the front.. for a gimbal will need taller landing gear..

But as I said my just move all the FPV gear to a bigger Quad or Hex Frame and keep this for messing around with.. not sure yet..
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Gaza07

I like the flyduspider it looks and from what ive seen flies very well, your looks a bit over populated though  :rolleyes: what are you using the JD-IO board for ?

Jumpy07

Quote from: Gaza07 on Wednesday,October 24, 2012, 15:47:54
I like the flyduspider it looks and from what ive seen flies very well, your looks a bit over populated though  :rolleyes: what are you using the JD-IO board for ?

They were sold and marketed as an FPV frame.. but think its more of an acro.. as its just too tight..

Dont have anything on there they I dont need for FPV really apart from the JD-IO board.. using it to convert Mavlink to FrSky telemetry format for when I fly LOS..  data appears on my DHT-U .. I was also going to use it to power my LED';s .. as it can fire the LED';s based on status of the FC etc..

Gaza07

Ah there';s a bit of clever stuff going on there then with the board, I knew they could be used to power the leds but not seen the other use, can the one board perform both tasks or will you need another ?
they aren';t exactly cheap and I was considering one to have a mess about trying to write some of my own led flashing routines but the price put me off  :rolleyes:

Jumpy07

The JD-IO board is cheap £16 including VAT..  http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/JD-IO-board-v1-0-Driver-board-p/acq-ioboard.htm

Yes it can do both at the same time, although havent tried.. its quite a neat board.. a lot of people with APM';s use them to power LED';s etc

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23014047&postcount=2712

Features

JD-IO board v1.0 Driver board

These JD-IO Driver Boards are great if you need to drive LED strips, LEDs, Lamps, Relays or similar devices. This board is fully Arduino compatible and has 6 high power outputs and can handle up to 42 Volts and 500mA / output pin.

There is easy ccess on the boards to the FTDI / UART and I2C ports, the DJ-IO Boards have high power outputs, there are several TTL level GPIO pins and Analog pins.

Technical data:
•Atmega 328P MCU
•ULN2003A darlington array for high power outputs
•6 x TTL GPIO pins
•6 x TTL Analog pins (only 4 if using I2C bus)
•FTDI connector
•ISP pins for deep programming
•Size: 37mm x 18mm

Gaza07

It was that video that sparked my interest in the board, I think I made a comment about not being able to find the demo firmware but after making the comment stumbled across it  :whistling:
Maybe Im just tight as I thought the price was quite high considering its just an Atmega328 chip  :rolleyes:  I will prob get one at some point as Im sure I would enjoy the tinkering  ~~

Jumpy07

Have just ordered some taller carbon landing skids and a cheap 2 axis gimbal for the Flyduspider...   will give me a bit more room to play with..  not sure how it will look at the frame is quite small

Jumpy07

Had two really good test flights at lunchtime with all the FPV gear onboard the Flyduspider HEX...  its now flying much better than even my Quad with the Rabbit FC..  loads of power and very smooth..    its a bit more responsive than I would like but the pids arent too far away now..

Jumpy07

Sunday,November 04, 2012, 12:37:24 #8 Last Edit: Sunday,November 04, 2012, 12:40:49 by Jumpy07
Short test flight.. quick check of PH.. looked good..  not my best landing.. still flying the same pids as above.. doesent need much more tweaking..  its about there...

Mrs was filming on my phone.. so not best video and it was a bit dark.. watch in HD

Gaza07

Looks nice and stable Jumpy well done  :bravo:

Jumpy07

Quote from: Gaza07 on Sunday,November 04, 2012, 18:59:56
Looks nice and stable Jumpy well done  :bravo:

Thanks Gary.. although managed to break my landing gear on it today.. my fault.. was getting carried away.. and too many obsticals in my back garden  :-(

Jumpy07

Wednesday,November 07, 2012, 17:58:39 #11 Last Edit: Wednesday,November 07, 2012, 19:49:50 by Jumpy07
Wee update, have changed over the video TX to the immersionRC/Fatshark one..  and had to rewire some of the supply feeds..  added an old plastic fan cover over the main ESC section for some protection.. think it looks good..

Wired up and mounted the Ultrasonic sensor underneath..  Megapirate uses the cheap Sr04 sensors . 

Just some small tweaks to the OSD to do now..

Managed to pull the USB port off the board.. argh.. oh well.. can still use the S0/FTDI port with my FTDI adapter.. so no biggy..

Just about all ready to go with goggles now as soon as we get some good weather..

Gaza07

Looks good and very high tech  ~~

icedfusion

looks good - you can tell you have spent quite some time in keeping that all tidy! nice job.
On mine, I have wires sticking out everywhere due to the extension leads I had to put on the ESC leads.

ice.