Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 14:32:52

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CRIUS AIOP IO Addon Board.

Started by robshaw, Saturday,August 31, 2013, 01:15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

robshaw

Thats how I have them connected. I tried a second darlington off the outputs fron the adon board and it didnt work. Wired my -ves to the adon board and the +ves to +12v on my power dist board and bingo. Working a treat. Now to drive some inputs on my mini arduino. :-)
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

pheasant_plucker

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/uln2003a.pdf

Yes I was correct the output is from an NPN transistor so it goes low. Sorry for being a bit vague but I haven';t used one for years and I don';t have one to breadboard a test circuit.

Gerry
The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"
[url="http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif"]http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif[/url]

cgcrute

Progress!! Thank you all for holding a dullards hand through this. I have successfully dummy wired up the ARM LED and it works!!!

Now all I have to do is rig it up so it looks almost neat!
ZMR250
Naze32
Micro Titan Motors
SN02a ESCs
Mobius
Runcam Sky (with servo adjustable tilt)

Cheerson CX-10 ;-)

Taranis Transmitter

cgcrute

I now have GPS too!  :beer2:

The red LED on the FC board is now flashing differently though... 1 slow 1 fast 1 slow etc. I couldn';t find this referenced anywhere, any ideas what that means?
ZMR250
Naze32
Micro Titan Motors
SN02a ESCs
Mobius

Cheerson CX-10 ;-)

Taranis Transmitter

robshaw

Hmm. I didnt actually notice any changes in the on board led flashes. That doesnt mean it hasnt changed tho. The main reason I have the external led setup is because the on board ones are dificult to see due to location of board.
Glad you got it sorted. Just the buzzer to do now. ;-)
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

cgcrute

Quote from: robshaw on Saturday,November 02, 2013, 21:31:10
Hmm. I didnt actually notice any changes in the on board led flashes. That doesnt mean it hasnt changed tho. The main reason I have the external led setup is because the on board ones are dificult to see due to location of board.
Glad you got it sorted. Just the buzzer to do now. ;-)

This was my main motivation as my FC is between the top and bottom parts of the frame so the LEDs aren';t easy to see unless you get your face down close to the rotors!!!!

Celebratory video, thanks for all the help and being patient with a dullard, it all makes perfect sense now!!!

Quadcopter LEDs
ZMR250
Naze32
Micro Titan Motors
SN02a ESCs
Mobius

Cheerson CX-10 ;-)

Taranis Transmitter

Lars

Hi again
well done! Can somebody make a new summary for this thread, please. Maybe with a diagram to explain how to hook up GPS, 3DR telemetry, 5V/12v LED';s, AttoPilot and maybe Orange Rx satellite receiver to this board. What bridges to solder. Also what to do in config files.
I know that the information is already in the tread for a electronics experienced person, which I am not.
Tentatively in Swedish ha ha.

/Lars

Crius AIOP
3S Lipo
5V ubec

cgcrute

So... having studiously ignored the FrSky Telemetry stuff I now find myself in possession of a shiny new Taranis TX and X8R RX (although I can';t technically put it on the quad until Christmas day) ...

Is it possible to feed the telemetry through to the Taranis? Is it possible to feed the 3DR at the same time?

ZMR250
Naze32
Micro Titan Motors
SN02a ESCs
Mobius

Cheerson CX-10 ;-)

Taranis Transmitter

raulalma

Hi! Nice work with leds. I have not luck with them. Please, can somebody make a diagram to explain how to connect led stripes with AIOPIO board? Sorry my english. Thanks!!

hamsterrorist

Has there been a definitive answer re: the buzzer - both connectivity and config/code?

I';m running an AIOPIO board on two of my machines, one with a Crius AIO v1 + MWC 2.2, the other a Crius AIO v2 + MPNG 2.8r3 - both with a Neo-6M GPS and 3DR telemetry modules.  Both worked straight away out of the box, after I plugged a BEC in (was assuming that the Sx ports would power the thing via extend power).

Wouldn';t mind connecting a buzzer to indicate arming, can';t see the LEDs on the Crius unless it';s dark!  ::)

robshaw

I stopped at the LEDs which are in my opinion just as if not more helpful than the buzzer. All the info you need to get LEDs going is in this thread. Not got time to read back over it right now but I think eventually somebody got the buzzer going as well.... If you have no joy,  I will happily upload my edited 3.0.1 firmware for LEDs to my public Dropbox later on today.

WinterDevil

Hi guys! Im late to the party, but can you please post some photos how did you plugged wires and power to the board? Right now I can power my CRIUS V2 with an UBEC but that doesn';t power my AIOPIO board.

orejass

hey guys,

So i guess I';m reviving an old thread here, but I got myself confused with the LED setup.

To be clear:
1. the IO board already has a darlington array.
2. to power my 12v LED';s all needed is to connect the + LED to the +12V from lipo; then connect the - LED to desired pin on IO board, say A5-6-7, etc.

I';m waiting for my crius to arrive so I haven;t been able to play around with it. I';m just waning to be clear on how to connect everything once it arrives.

Cheers

robshaw

orejass

Guys, for the life of me, I can';t get these leds working.

I';m on MPNG 3.0.1R4

This is how the COPTER_LEDS is configured on my config.h:

I';m just testing with some 5v LEDs before making anything permanent.
Any pointers on config and what pin outputs what?

I get flashing signal on pins 4-7 but they ALWAYS flash, armed, not armed, GPS lock, no GPS lock.

I will be using a V/I sensor. Any pointers on how to plug this into the IO Board also? I think I read this somewhere on this thread...

Cheers

P.D. for whoever wants a more visual diagram of the pinouts, here is a snip i made to guide me while connecting things:

stansan

Hello,

reviving this old treath, but beside soldering other components to this board, some one managed to get frsky telemetry to a d4rII from either the vanilla aio v1.1 or with the io board?...

For some reason i still can not work it out how to get frsky telemetry into my taranis.

Board: Hobbyking multiwii and megapirate aio v2 (crius v1.1 clone) and optional i have the extended IO board lying around.
I run MPNG 3.1.5 r2 (latest)