Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 11:40:01

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

The Plane Crash

Started by sausageroll, Thursday,October 11, 2012, 22:55:40

Previous topic - Next topic

sausageroll

Well that military drone was ******!!! The images from it were awful. Should deploy sausagecopter next time.

Voice over would be great.

"The British military deploy the sausagecopter to inspect the wreckage"

teslahed

One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

sausageroll

On ch4 they crashed a plane in the desert for crash research

Gav

yup saw that and they crashed short of the runway doh lol and yes the VTX from the quad drone copter was pants!

I think we all could of done far better with one of our gps enabled quads plus a basic fpv setup: ebay HK 5.8GHz vtx n vrx and a pair of home made skew planar aerials.  GoPro too of course ;)

teslahed

Balders

Indeed we all know the footage was pretty shite, but at least it got quads on the telly in a fairly decent light, showing them for a useful purpose. 

I was amazed that the top engine was still running on that plane flat out...I always thought the opening scenes of "Lost" where the engines were still running on the plane was rubbish, but apparently not!
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

BYOD

I did not get the call from them, the S800 and I would have been happy to go take a look at the downed craft! Was good to see that they used the same RC TX as I do, the Futaba Super 8 is the one I use on the S800.... now do I use the new marketing tag line in the store " As seen on TV to crash a plane..."  ;)

I'm surprised they did not use a long range set up, Dragon Link etc for the extra range.... oh well, they know where to find me next time!
[url="https://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk"]https://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk[/url]

Balders

Yes, I must admit I thought they were gonna have some hugely complicated custom designed virtual cockpit type thingy, not a guy in a little plane with a hobby remote control :)

Mind you, it's not like they needed to have control over all plane functions I suppose...it was on a one way ticket!
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Gav

yup dragonlink.  But I spose they were going to be close by anyway to fly the thing via remote control.

Gaza_07

I was booked in for seat 1a  :cool:

[attach=2]

[attach=1]

teslahed

The safest place on the aircraft to sit is by the wings - that has to be the strongest part as it's supporting the rest of the aircraft's weight.

I don't think there are all that many situations where it would make a difference though.

UK residents can now watch the program on 4od;

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-plane-crash/4od

Gav

Quote from: Gaza_07 on Friday,October 12, 2012, 13:09:53
I was booked in for seat 1a  :cool:

[attach=2]

[attach=1]

First class you posh git.  Good job you missed your flight. 

sausageroll

Yes, the crash experiment atleast gives some comfort that the toffnosed smug bastards in first get turned into pink mist first.