Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 16:29:45

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

unable to connect

Started by BJT, Wednesday,December 11, 2013, 21:00:50

Previous topic - Next topic

BJT

I am unable to connect to a crius aoi p v1 either from ardupilot arduino ide or mission planner. Com port is set to 115200 baud  8bits no parity 1 stop bit. leds A & C flash when trying to connect then go out led B then solid.
Nothing else connected to board.
Can anyone help?
Brian

Jumpy07

Need some more info..

When you say "connect" what are you trying to do.. ie: are you trying to load Megapirate etc ?.. and is so what steps are you taking..?

If the board is new.. it will have nothing on it.. other than a bootloader..

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

BJT

I have just bought a part built quad. The board was already fitted and I was told it was already loaded with the latest version of mega pirate. I have tried to connect with mission planner, that times out. I have then tried to upload the latest version of mega pirate ng. The code compiles ok but then times out n the upload, it never connects .

orfordness

If you allowed it to plug and play the com port driver that may be your problem...
DJI Mavic Pro
Tarot 680 Pro Hex
450 (Flamewheel clone) x 4
Hubsan X4
CS022 Mini Quad

Jumpy07

Can you see a device being loaded in system on your PC when you plug the usb port in ?

If so what does the device say ?

Also can you confirm version of Windows you are running ?

barneyg

Does it have a bluetooth or 3dr telemetry module attached ?

if so you will need to disconnect these before using USB

BJT

I';m running win8 and yes it did plug and play. It shows up in device manager as a com port usb to serial.
I';ll try deleting the windows driver files if i can, win 8 locks things down so hard it can be a real pain, and try installing the drivers in mission planner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jumpy07

BJT

I';ve checked the divers loaded and they are from FTDI ltd
ftser2K.sys
serenum.sys
ftcserco.dll
ftserui2.dll
file version 2.08.30.

bunnygirl80

Don';t forget you will need to select the correct com port and speed rate. If you get this wrong it will not upload.

Have you read this?

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=595.0
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

BJT

Com port is set to115200 8data no parity 1 stop.
Yes I am trying to connect to correct port

jimbo385

I';ve downloaded the VCP FTDI drivers but how are they installed?

Thanks.
F450 Clone KK2.0 General Batting around!

FPV550 KK2.0 FPV No gear on it yet!

DJI F350 Naza Lite Naza Experience

FPV 250 With RCTimer Power kit. Pocket Rocket!

Wishlist - Tarot FY680 Pro

jimbo385

Found out that I don';t need it now. It';s working fine on my laptop.

pheasant_plucker

Do you have any other port interface attached? Bluetooth for example.
If you have then the USB won';t work.

Gerry
The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"
[url="http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif"]http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif[/url]

barneyg

Quote from: pheasant_plucker on Saturday,December 14, 2013, 08:07:10
Do you have any other port interface attached? Bluetooth for example.
If you have then the USB won';t work.

Gerry

hmmmm ... you mean like I suggested in post 5 ?

pheasant_plucker

I know and he didn';t answer the question.

Gerry
The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"
[url="http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif"]http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif[/url]

BJT

Nothing else attached.
It seems to be related to Win 7 or 8. Works fine on Win XP.

cofl1001

Hello all
I';m new to this forum and waht to say hi first, then to my issue :)
I used my crius aiop v2 with gps hold using mpng 2.8, but due to the poor flight performance I decided to try multiwii 2.3
So, two days ago I cleared the eeprom and loaded mwii 2.3 with the gui 2.3.
Since I';m totally new to mwii I tried to understand a bit what needs to be defined in config.h and also tried to setup the bluetooth which to me is a big plus on the field for tuning.
Yesterday evening, I tried to upload again the mwii code for the esc calibration routine, and the arduino showed no error.
But when I tried to connect to the aiop v2 I couldnt connect...Did my board died ? did I messed up something on my USB ports ? I also tried with my android tab via bluetooth but it said no data received back even that the green light on the bt is solid.
While trying to connect the bt was connected...if this is an issue, why the arduino showed no error on the mwii upload ?
How can I test if my crius aiop is still working ? I use win7 64 bits.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Florin

Hands0n

Hi Florin,

I suggest that you only connect with USB and also make sure that the Bluetooth is disconnected from board

I see that you said that you modified config.h to calibrate the ESC.  Did you reverse the change afterwards?  Not that it makes any specific difference in this particular case. 

The other thing to check is in Windows Device Manager - when you plug the AIOP in to the USB port does it show up in there?  If it does then you could try deleting it in Device Manager and then refresh to force the USB port to be recreated in Windows.

I suspect that the problem is in Windows and not the AIOP - likely that it has got confused between the USB and BT ports somehow.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

cofl1001

I will try tonight...hopefully the fc is still alive: )
Thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

cofl1001

Update...bt was the issue. Now I struggle with my esc calibration. Totallt unintuitice compared to mpng. Tried uncommenting the esc but have crazy motor readings like they are switched which is incorrect ?!

Hands0n

Okay, lets split this into two distinct steps. Always best for my way of thinking  :o  :laugh:

1) ESC Calibration. Follow the steps to uncomment the relevant line in config.h.  Power up the quad, wait for all the ESC sounds to stop.  Unpower the quad, comment out the line in config.h.  Now all of your ESC know the full extent of stick travel as given to them by the FC.  That is regardless of anything else.

2) Review the exact ESC connections to the FC to make 100% sure that motor connections are correct - they will almost certainly be different in MultiWii than MegaPirateNG if you';re experiencing "... crazy motor readings...".  See the picture below, that is how MultiWii by default considers the motor layout for a quad.

HTH

--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

cofl1001

Thanks for your reply...in mpng like direct esc calibration you put thr to max, power up to have the max reading, quickly bring back to idle and done. Here you dont give any stick inputs? I tried the method you described without stick movement and no result...I cannot calibr. each esc because only one esc has all the 3 cables in:( I jumped from mpng since tuning in mwii is supposed to be easier but I';m stuck at the very beginning...I use hobbywing 30a esc and set my devo10 endpoints to 1000/1900 with esc stop at 1050. Is it ok?
How can i connect motors to 9 and 10 when thoso are pins for the sonar echo/trigger?
Pffff: (
Again thanks for taking your time...It';s weekend my batts are charged but my mwii is not: (

cofl1001

Maybe you missed it but my board is a crius aiop v2...

Hands0n

I did realise you were using the AIOP board - just realised those pics were for the MultiWii boards.  I cannot recall exactly which source code file it is in but you can discover from the source code using the IDE to find out which outputs are for which particular motor.   I don';t think it is config.h - have seen it while browsing the source code files. 

GOT IT! http://www.rctimer.com/download/Crius_AIOP_Manual_MWC.pdf  This PDF is written by this forum';s owner (?) Gaza07 and has the motor pin-outs for the AIOP. 

The ESC Calibration routine should work for you. It doesn';t matter whether you have the ESC BEC power wires connected or not - it is the Signal wire that is important. And you must have that connected regardless of the software, otherwise it simply won';t work anyhow.   So with the ESC Calibration line uncommented - that is removing the double // characters and saving before uploading to the AIOP - there is no other function that the software will perform.  What ESC are you using? Perhaps they are incompatible with the method - in which case you';ll need to work out how to calibrate them manually, direct from the RX, bypassing the AIOP board.  A bit of a PITA but the only other way left if the MultiWii method won';t work.

I hope you can get past this speedbump - I quite like MultiWii myself, it served me very well before I made the leap to Arducopter.

--
Danny

cofl1001

So you use arducopter?  Mpng is based on that and I dont like how it flies in acro...

Hands0n

Yes, I use an APM 2.5 and a Naza M Lite. In not really an Across flyer, although I do use it occasionally to have a bit of a loon about ::) But generally I';m either FPV or more casual flying about.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny

Hands0n

That said, I';ve been through MultiWii on a couple of MW FCs, so running native rather than on AIOP. I only went on to Arducopter for the additional operational modes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

--
Danny

jimbo385

I was having lots of problems too.

What I did was to clear the eeprom and start again from scratch. I must admit that I';ve not used the Config.h to calibrate ESCs as mine came ready calibrated. However, I have used this in the past which helps a lot.

http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/throttle-hub-for-quadcopter-4-escs.html Then I just plug the lot into the RX. Job done.

Good luck.

Hands0n

Quote from: jimbo385 on Saturday,December 28, 2013, 13:25:46
I was having lots of problems too.

What I did was to clear the eeprom and start again from scratch. I must admit that I';ve not used the Config.h to calibrate ESCs as mine came ready calibrated. However, I have used this in the past which helps a lot.

http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/throttle-hub-for-quadcopter-4-escs.html Then I just plug the lot into the RX. Job done.

Good luck.

Thats a neat little dohickey, and no reason why it couldn';t be cascaded for Hex or Octo use.  I';ve bookmarked for the next time I buy from them - not that I need one right now but at that silly price it belongs in my box ';o bits for sure ::)
--
Danny