Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,September 21, 2019, 18:09:46

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
21 Sep 2019 13:20:58
New Black n Black Theme installed  :smiley:
ched:
31 Aug 2019 20:37:03
Looking forward to BFU #9 footage  :D Hope you all had a great time
Gaza07:
31 Aug 2019 04:46:44
Hope you all have a great day today at the BFU 9  :beer2:
dp106:
29 Aug 2019 11:19:07
try again now, hopefully it should be resolved...
Gaza07:
29 Aug 2019 11:17:40
Should be fixed now
hoverfly:
29 Aug 2019 11:12:33
replies with only a few words are being rejected as file too big.. :hmm:
dp106:
29 Aug 2019 11:09:33
3D Site also affected
dp106:
29 Aug 2019 11:09:11
Gaza is on the case
dp106:
29 Aug 2019 11:09:03
there are currently issues with the forum
dp106:
29 Aug 2019 11:06:07
test
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196840
  • Total Topics: 19837
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

fatshark fpv set or do I make my own ground station

Started by james111, Saturday,October 19, 2013, 13:51:01

Previous topic - Next topic

james111

Do I buy a set of fatshark attitude or do I build a ground station with just a tx rx set and try that mini 3.5 tv and foam google thingy to see if I like fpv I have around 400 to spend so spend it all on fatsharks attitude or do I build a ground station save abit of money and get me a qav400 frame aswell

Hands0n

I have both (see my post in this area somewhere) and if I had the £400 burning a hole in  my pocket, like I did have, then I';d suggest the Fat Shark (Attitude or Dominator seem to get the rave comments).   

Why both? The £30 DIY kit is really handy to use to allow a "passenger" to fly with you, see what you see, but on a lower resolution screen.

The two are chalk and cheese different.   That said, there is absolutely no reason why anyone couldn';t FPV with the £30 kit.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

james111

I really like the look of the attitudes there';s a guy on eBay selling new pairs for 280 or first person view have them for 300 I suppose for the extra 20 you get the added security if you have a problem to send back but also I like the idea of having a ground station to get me going so I can get in to it and build upon it I can always get goggles after
The ground station could be built up for reasonably cheap

Britishguy

im thinking of getting the dominators

im also about to buy an easycap so people can watch on my laptop whilst i wear the goggles

flybywire

Saturday,October 19, 2013, 21:54:46 #4 Last Edit: Saturday,October 19, 2013, 21:58:14 by flybywire
I had a twin diversity screen for a ground-station, but never really used it, difficult to see in bright sunlight.  Anyhow, once you get the goggles on, you won';t want to put them down!
They';re so light, it makes it easy for yomping across fields if you';re in search of that perfect flying location.
I could see a G-S being useful for aerial videography, if you';re flying LOS close in, it would be useful to frame things maybe?

Just my opinion of course!

Andy.
Blog: http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

QuadBod

Does anyone know how the FoxTech All In One goggles compare?

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/allinone-fpv-goggles-matte-blackwith-new-shade-p-258.html

• 1x2.4G 8CH rx

• 1x5.8G CH rx

• Anti-drift headtrack

• 2x non-blue(black) FPV monitor 640x480

• Brightness, contrast, and volume adjusting bottons

• Built in AV in and out

$400

Britishguy

i think those goggles have been out for a long time, i would go with something newer

stick with fatshark.

james111

So I think im going to go for the attitudes off first person view which battery will work just any 2s as 17.99 seems abit steep Also anyone sugest a decent camera to use I have a gopro black but its on a gimbal so I would like to use anouther fixed and finaly a osd Im using a kk2 fc

nub

aye any 2S battery should be fine, i used an old one i had lying around.

something like this would do the job - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-600TVL-FPV-CCD-Camera-UAV-Quad-Copter-Quadcopter-UK-SALE-/171003863354?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

not sure about the OSD though, don';t really know enough about them to recommend anything, depends on the kind info your looking to have on screen too, personally i really like the EZOSD but its quite expensive.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Calomile

You can actually power Fatsharks off 3s. They accept 7-13v power supplies.

Personally I would try and get some time with a pair of fatsharks, if you';re able to find someone nearby to you on this forum (check out the member map!) or at a flying club. They';re not for everyone, it';s simply a matter of preference.
I reverse polarities for fun.

james111

So I bit the bulit and purchased me a set of fat shark attitude goggles had a 12v board camers lying about so hopefully they will be at the hotel waitin for me tomorrow after work theres a dance hall there aswell so I packed my quad up and brought it with me its not thar big but big enough

Hands0n

The VTX for the Fat Sharks put out 5v to the camera. So if you want to use a 12v camera you should power it from a discrete source, either a 12v UBEC or a separate (small mAh) 3S.  Unless, that is, the camera will work at 5v.
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Calomile

There are voltage step up circuits you can buy/make to take the 5v from the tx up to 12v. I think to buy one it';s £15 on Firstpersonview.co.uk, but to make it';s probably a couple quids worth of parts.

james111

I also bought one of those step up converters £18 the kit comes with a tx to camera lead so I can just solder it to that all I need is some heat shrink for it

Biffa

Quote from: Calomile on Monday,October 21, 2013, 17:47:16
There are voltage step up circuits you can buy/make to take the 5v from the tx up to 12v. I think to buy one it';s £15 on Firstpersonview.co.uk, but to make it';s probably a couple quids worth of parts.

Or cheaper to buy a separate 3 cell LiPo ~~
Steve

james111

I only fly a a f330 so its not really big enought for 2 batterys the lil step up will work fine

james111

So I got my attitudes when I got back to the hotel wow they look cool the lead I got the cables are in the right order but the one plug is bigger than the other  so I have to make one i had to solder the step up converter my question to you which way round dose it go and what dose vin mean is it video in side and is it the 12v that goes where it says vin

Calomile

vin in this case means Voltage In, which would be your 5v source (from the transmitter).

The step up converter has nothing to do with video other than it powering the camera.

james111

I know it doesn';t touch the video never thought of voltage in makes sense now thanks

james111

So got it all going and wow me and my mate have just been messing about one with goggles and the other walking off round the hotel pritty good abit of break up but your talking through walls and different Floors carnt wait to get it on my quad what is it like if I use my gopro hero 3 and recommend a cable

Calomile

The GoPro will work but I do believe there is a very slight latency and if you';re incredibly unlucky it may just lock up or cut out randomly, which could be disastrous without some form of failsafe or return to home set up. I';ve only read a few incidents of this happening mind you.

It depends which version of the GoPro you have regarding the cable, the Hero 1 and 2 use the same type of cable (just a simple 3.5mm 4 pole jack) whereas the Hero 3 uses the USB connection, but you can also power the camera with 5v from a UBEC if you make the cable up properly.

james111

It';s a hero 3 black I have there';s lots on eBay just which one to buy

Hands0n

There is no latency with the GoPro Hero Black 3 and the latest camera firmware. 

I';m using a cheap GoPro FPV USB cable from eBay, it has all the connections brought out to plugs and is simple to wire up to the VTX.
--
Danny

james111

I';ll just pic one and give it ago I don';t no what my board camera is like until I get it into day light it looks a little bit blue the nod bits of colour I think it';s the different lights there only cheap so just get one then I';ve always got the choice