Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 15:01:37

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

My funter

Started by amxen, Thursday,October 17, 2013, 20:05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

amxen

Well i love the look of the Hunter vtail and thought i would like to scratch build one. but when i say scratch i mean from the ground up. So i got my self solid edge and started plying around with it. Now up untill about 3 week ago i had never been near and 2d or 3d packages and had no idea.

well this is what i came up with to start with

i know looks like a 5 year old did it. but after much head scratching  and redoing i got to this

then came the 3d rendering and this is what we have after 3 weeks.

parts have been cut on the laser cutter as a prototype and came out well but i need to do some modding to the design as it need longer legs and some other bits boing. But thats why you prototype .

i know ppl are gonna say im ripping off the hunter but i dont care really i like it  :nananana:

barneyg

That is amazing ... To be honest I was going to do a similar thing ... and as long as you aren';t selling it who cares and even if you are it would just be like the many f450 clones.

what kind of size is it ?

With the Hunter the 400mm seems to be the most common choice and the designer likes it himself as the shorter arms make it a tad stiffer.  Trouble is that due to the props being on the bottom at the back you are limited to 8inch props meaning 1500kv speed motors and as a result a quite low runtime ... also people have reported a flair styled landing results in at best chipped blades.
I was thinking of redesigning the back end to try and get rid of these issues.

One thing I thought of was to have the rear spare section rise up at about 30 degrees rather than be horizontal so the rear motors are even higher up and hopefully being able to fit 9 inch props without having to lengthen the rear arms significantly (I';ve not done the math on the required dimensions) then the rear leg be right at the end at the bottom of the V so that flared landings don';t kill the blades.

Biffa

There isn';t much in the world of RC that isn';t a copy of something else - who cares  ~~
Steve

amxen

ill measure is after me pizza i let you know  ~~

barneyg

ooohh ... just reading DarrelW';s thread about his V tail ... how about having the angled rear spar like I was thinking but inverting the V so  it points down then putting the motors on top.

Also would you be inclined to share the design files so one could play :)

amxen

lags or gonna need to be very long then though. you no when i started i did not even think about prop length . how about 3 blade props on back

amxen

ok at the front from center of one motor to the center of the next it 450mm and its 450mm from front to back

they know how to charge for G10 dont they  :frantic:

barneyg

heheheh ... making one of these is one of the drivers I have for building a cnc over the winter :)

amxen

thats why i wanted to make a cnc as well. but then i found FABLAB and i dont need to have a cnc or laser cutter when you can go there and use them for free

guest325

Quote from: barneyg on Thursday,October 17, 2013, 20:30:21
ooohh ... just reading DarrelW';s thread about his V tail ... how about having the angled rear spar like I was thinking but inverting the V so  it points down then putting the motors on top.

Also would you be inclined to share the design files so one could play :)
I did a lot of research into the pros and cons of where the props should go, the conclusion was that it didn';t matter. I took more inspiration from the simplecopter design - I had initially thought about the hunter style because it looks mean; why not put the motors on top and have a right angle mount similar to mine but with the hunter style pylons?
I think the big thing about designing your own is that if it works ok then you should never accept that it';s the best way - until you';ve explored all the avenues you can think of you';ll never know if your idea is the best solution.
My motors are at 30 deg to horizontal, I would like to try 40 deg as well to see what difference it makes so that';s my next job - to make some 40 deg plates!

nub

cool looks good, well done, will have to keep an eye on this to see how it goes.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

barneyg

How is this progressing ?

amxen

everything is ready for the first prototype to be cnc i have the G10 that it will be cut from,  but as i dont have a cnc and  can only get to the cncshop on a Saturday. Im stuck waiting for my next free Saturday. that will ether be this weekend or next :crossfingers:. whilst im waiting im looking at making my own CNC machine so i dont have to mess about going to the workshop to get thing cut.

But its not been forgotten about or put on any back burner. More work has gone into after the prototype to change some small things.