Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 17:47:10

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

ARR its crashed !!!

Started by big h, Tuesday,October 15, 2013, 18:36:11

Previous topic - Next topic

big h

:( OK here';s the gist of the situation all going well then the quad (F450) starts to drift to the left continually have to hold a little on the right stick..... OK I';ve got this  :-/ then all hell breaks lose  :evil....NAZA LITE warning light goes into red blinking and the control is gone looks as if the failsafe has cut in  :angry: hovers for a few seconds then falls out of the sky :frantic: :shrug: checked the battery and still has a good amount of charge  and was only one min into the flight
So on the fail safe where would you all place the throttle setting I am wondering if I have put it to low? its just under 50% is this OK?
and the result of dropping out of the sky one broken quad arm and a big dent in my pride :huh
any one got any advice as I am looking at placing my go pro under this in the near future and if it going to drop in like that ???? 

ChrisH

With both my Naza';s the failsafe throttle has been set to 0% and it works fine. The Naza takes over the throttle and I';ve not had a problem, either selecting RTH on switch or turning Tx off, they';ve come home! My Spektrum won';t allow binding with anything other than 0%! I';ve seen others that have managed to bind at 50% but I can only speak for my setup.

It sounds like your problem may be related to the Naza low voltage detection. Do you have this set to land on the second phase? Not sure if that is related as it would just land gently (normally) when activated with no override control. I turned mine off after a couple of near misses with uncontrolled landings! Maybe a power distribution problem? Need to get the meter out... :hmm:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

big h

the voltage around the board and batt fittings look ok gona have to wait for a replacement arm then try again  :rofl: fingers crosed :crossfingers:

Biffa

My throttle is set a little over 50% at the point my rig hovers. This is using a DX7 and Orange RX and had no bother binding.

Does sound like a voltage protection issue, I disabled it once it landed my quad about 4 minutes before I would have.
Steve

Hands0n

I have been using Low Voltage Protection on my Naza M Lite by default.  Then this weekend, during an FPV session, it decided that the battery voltage was too low and landed unceremoniously in the field.  I was low to the ground so no harm done, but it was definitely not a tidy controlled landing judging by how quickly it descended.

So I';m switching the LVP off and going to rely on one of those battery alarm doohickeys that I have in my flight box.  ~~
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

big h

sounds like its time to look at the lvp programing and to keep the throttle above 50% thanks for all the advice so far  :smiley: much appreciated

ChrisH

My F450 came down once in tbe middle of a rape field in full flower which was a pain. My FY680 almost landed in the drink but just landed on the mud. Both descents were nice and gentle, it was just the total inability to control that was a pain. Cheaper to risk a lipo than an expensive multi was the advice I followed. Cheap buzzers work Ok backed up by a timer!
Chris
Hubsan X4

flybywire

Crashes are bad news!
The red light coming on does indeed sound like power management auto land, which I know from bitter experience is No good (bust my CX4 landing gear first time out ! £100)
Needless to say I turned it of sharpish. 
As for failsafe/binding, not sure if your failsafe is set correctly? 
The steps for DX7/8 are:

Move flight control switch to manual, and use your Tx travel adjustment to move into failsafe in the assistant.
Switch everything off and disconnect from assistant/PC.
Place bind plug on Rx and turn on.  remove plug when light is flashing.
Leaving FC switch as you had it, move throttle stick to over 50%
Hold down bind button and turn on Tx, keep holding button until Tx re-boot';s (do not release before Tx beeps or you will only get partial bind).  Rx light should be solid, not flashing!
Connect to assistant, and turn on Tx.  reconfigure FC switch as you wish (3rd position either manual or FS)
Test by turning off Tx, observe FC switch position indicator, it should move to failsafe, and say failsafe in status indicator.  Check throttle has moved up to 55%

If I';ve missed anything, made any errors, please feel free to amend.
Not sure why some can';t set throttle above 50%, of course you must turn off warnings of course.

Andy

Hope you get back in the air soon.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

ChrisH

On my Dx8 anything more than 0% on the throttle and it will not bind to the AR8000. As I said, it works perfectly. Obviously varies across various systems. As the RTL is passed from Rx to Naza which then controls everything, as long as the binding is done with the RTL switch on it works on mine!
Chris
Hubsan X4

flybywire

Quote from: ChrisH on Tuesday,October 15, 2013, 21:08:45
On my Dx8 anything more than 0% on the throttle and it will not bind to the AR8000. As I said, it works perfectly. Obviously varies across various systems. As the RTL is passed from Rx to Naza which then controls everything, as long as the binding is done with the RTL switch on it works on mine!

Chris, not 100% about this, but invoking rth via 3pos switch may have different outcome to turning off tx?  I know plenty who have turned off tx with throttle set to 0 on failsafe and dropped out of the sky. 
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
Keep it emax, capiche?

ChrisH

No, I get exactly the same results on the Naza assistant and in flight. Turn it off or use the switch,  goes to RTH on assistant or comes back if flying! I had great problems setting up the RTH initially until I followed the manual instructions completely. First time I tried it was definitely a nervous time!
Chris
Hubsan X4

big h

I am using a DX6i so had to set up three switches as follows gear switch GPS ON ...gear on and elevators on into failsafe..... all switches off manual....... elevator on atti third switch rudder cant wait till I get a new arm then try againg(after I turn off the lva :))

flybywire

Quote from: big h on Tuesday,October 15, 2013, 23:33:52
I am using a DX6i so had to set up three switches as follows gear switch GPS ON ...gear on and elevators on into failsafe..... all switches off manual....... elevator on atti third switch rudder cant wait till I get a new arm then try againg(after I turn off the lva :))

Sounds complex, wouldn';t want to have to remember all that in a split second emergency!  :o  Still, if it works all that matters I guess.
Keep it emax, capiche?

Hands0n

Oh its not so bad  ::)

I was using a DX6i with my MultiWiiPro 2, APM and Naza builds a little while back, before I bought a Turnigy 9X kit and some "spare" RXs (no fail safe kiddies, be aware!). 

With the DX6i my strategy was for all three switches "up" meant Panic Awooga Awooga Red Alert! - or roughly translated ... RTL/GPS_Home.  It had to be something that the most basic muscle memory (Fight or Flight) would act upon when the brain packed in being anything remotely useful!  And you know what?  It only worked  :cool:

All the other five flight modes were set to increasingly complex switch combinations based upon the least likely amount of use - ie. all three down = stabilised, then Alt_Hold, Loiter and so on ...

--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

big h

it seems to work for me at the moment having the switches set up as they are but........... the more I think about it I feel that it may have been pilot error :banghead: the idea I am having is I managed to turn on the fail safe while switching between GPS and ATTI mode, quad goes into rth so I panic as it lifts to 20 metres I may of reduced the rotor output then switched on the GPS mode signal to quad throttle is reduced and gravity takes over :-/ :-/ :-/ ... anyways when I have rebuilt her I will try this again but this time have the failsafe set to land and try to confirm if it was me or the quad
its a mad idea but I need to know if its me or the quad/software problem .....
watch this space lol   

Hands0n

I know that feeling ~~

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

--
Danny

big h

just waiting for the knock at the door with the replacement parts ~~