Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Sunday,August 18, 2019, 15:58:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
hoverfly:
30 Jul 2019 15:26:34
D.B. you tightwad.. :cool:
atomiclama:
29 Jul 2019 20:14:10
DB that just means you have shed loads of props in the first place ;-)
DarkButterfly:
29 Jul 2019 18:53:33
Just had a thought, even with all the crashing I've done, I haven't bought any replacement props in over a year ~~
ched:
09 Jul 2019 19:45:42
May the sun shine and winds be light for BFU#8. Son't forget lots of vids for those of us unable to attend.  :D
Gaza07:
09 Jul 2019 18:10:30
Hope you all have a great day  :beer2:
Andy7:
09 Jul 2019 14:05:28
BFU#8 details locked in for this saturday - see the head of the forum thread for all details.
hoverfly:
05 Jul 2019 21:51:05
Good for genital warts as well......or so I'm told.. :hmm
DarkButterfly:
05 Jul 2019 21:48:24
Just fixed a busted SMA connector on my TBS unity pigtail, it suffered badly in a recent crash and split in two, nothing a touch of the soldering iron couldn't fix  :D
DarkButterfly:
05 Jul 2019 19:44:08
 :D
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196548
  • Total Topics: 19799
  • Online Today: 48
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 43
Total: 45

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Megapirate Add-ons correction maybe?

Started by Toledodave, Monday,October 14, 2013, 15:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Toledodave

I noticed alot of different posts about tri6 and tri yaw issues. I did a little research and found there is a descrepency between Megas notes and diagram for motor rotation directions. The picture diagram shows all top motors rotating one direction and all lower motors rotating another.
    Now in Megas 2.9.1 add-ons version in the readme attached file is a motor layouts and directions. Apparently in 2.9.1 version the rear motors have been swapped to opposite of what they were descibed in the past and in the diagram.  I have switched mine late last night. I will be attempting flight tonight and post my results.

Toledodave

No change. Copter still yaws. Not sure what to do next.

DarrellW

I know this might sound a bit dumb but I have always been one to check everything; have you checked that ALL of your props are the right way up i.e. all of your lower ones are pushing air downwards and also your top ones doing the same?
The only other thing I can think of is are they also all tight with no chance of slippage?
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

Toledodave

Yeah thanx for the reply. I know for a fact they are tight and wired right. During simulations they appear to all correct. Pitch and roll work great. It acts as if the rear motors arent level. But they are. I get a clockwise yaw and rudder cant over come. To i twisted the mounts just enough for a CClockwise yaw spin and still rudder doesnt respond. Going to recheck it all again. Half tempted to can the Y6 frame and go to.a Hexa 6.  Ive been at this too long and too close for this not to work! Lol. Lots of time and lots of money to merely fly with no yaw control. Lol

Toledodave

Starting to wonder if in flight and under a load the dynamics of the frame may be flexing and comprmising the integrity of level motors. :/