Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,August 22, 2019, 14:10:18

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Andy7:
22 Aug 2019 10:27:36
Sure. But basically, all the subjects are getting cut off.
Gaza07:
21 Aug 2019 18:14:54
Can you pm me a screen shot of what you mean
Andy7:
21 Aug 2019 12:15:41
Gaza - can you make the subject line section in the forum topic list wider? It's cutting off the subject field really short.
Andy7:
19 Aug 2019 09:14:20
Good for you!  ~~
DarkButterfly:
18 Aug 2019 19:13:57
Had another negative encounter, it's been a few years since the last one, just an uneducated ******, going on about drones being illegal yada yada yada.    :-/
Still that didn't spoil my flying time, had an absolute blast  ~~
Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
hoverfly:
30 Jul 2019 15:26:34
D.B. you tightwad.. :cool:
atomiclama:
29 Jul 2019 20:14:10
DB that just means you have shed loads of props in the first place ;-)
DarkButterfly:
29 Jul 2019 18:53:33
Just had a thought, even with all the crashing I've done, I haven't bought any replacement props in over a year ~~
ched:
09 Jul 2019 19:45:42
May the sun shine and winds be light for BFU#8. Son't forget lots of vids for those of us unable to attend.  :D
Members
  • Total Members: 8066
  • Latest: badger1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196576
  • Total Topics: 19804
  • Online Today: 44
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 33
Total: 34

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Goggles or screen? That is the question

Started by bigscottd, Sunday,October 13, 2013, 20:10:59

Previous topic - Next topic

bigscottd

I';m looking to get some FPV Kit but my head is battered  :banghead:

What do most people use goggles or screens?

I';m a little worried about using goggles as I usually fly on my own and I could end up with a cow trying to make sweet love to me lol.

Biffa

Goggles here. Not tried a screen but I know that wouldn';t be immersive enough for me.

And there is a video of a dude being snuck up on by a cow!
Steve

bigscottd

Has anybody tried the predator goggles?
What I don';t want to do is spend a fortune and then have to sell them.

Gav

Dominator goggles here with 5.8GHz rx module.  They';re excellent.  Like a cinema screen when you have them on.  Crisp image. 
More portable than a screen and more immersive.
PS fly in a field without cows and that might help with your concerns. :P

nub

interesting do u normally attract cows in that way? maybe try changing your deodorant or something :laugh:

set of attitudes here, wouldn';t mind trying the dom';s though, pred';s suck from what i read.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Biffa

I have the old Aviator goggles. If any of the newer ones are the same or better quality I can';t see how anyone can moan.

Although I did have to upgrade the RX module for the latest version as the old one was as sensitive as a potato!
Steve

Britishguy

i have the new teleporter goggles, there not the best pic and a little narrow but there great value

i am thinking about upgrading now i have another quad on the way   :laugh:

Biffa

Steve

flybywire

Blog: http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Hands0n

I';m going to suggest Attitude goggles - although not tried Dominators all that I read is that they';re a bit good  ::)  Never heard a bad word said about them.

Like you, I was a bit worried about whether or not I';d enjoy the experience and have to sell them off. But I figured that they';d sell for a good price if it got to that. The reality is that I';m totally hooked. They are an extraordinary experience.

Unlike you, however, I do not appear to attract the bovine species.  ;)  And I am rather thankful for that.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

bigscottd

Yeah im going to hang on and hopefully take a trip out to carr hill sports hall on Thursday and fingers crossed someone might have a pair of fatsharks I can have a peak through.

I going to buy a load of mines and plant them around me so if any cow takes a fancy.... BOOM steak for tea it is lol

Col_M

Sunday,October 13, 2013, 22:45:41 #11 Last Edit: Sunday,October 13, 2013, 22:53:54 by Col_M
I would have gone for the Dominators as they have better lenses (glass I believe) and they have a narrower field of view but the same ammount of pixels as the Attitudes so look slightly less grainy. Don';t take that to mean that the Attitudes are bad, just that the Doms are a bit better in that regard, the Attitudes because of their wider field of view can be a bit more enveloping some would say immersive. I had to get the Attitudes as my eyes are close together and so I need the adjustable IPD.

To be honest they both have their pros and cons, you need to work out what features are most important to you, either way they both are great goggles and whichever you go for you won';t be disappointed.

As for screen vs. goggles, as a cheap option to see if FPV is for you have a look at this thread, it';s a DIY mix between the two for ~£30. I';m making a set myself for "passengers" so can';t say how good they are but the people who have made them say they';re great.

edit: correct link in there now
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

bigscottd

Thanks for all your help guys.

I';ve now decided I';m going to get the dominators goggles but do I go for the fatshark rc module or do I go for a different tx and rx?

Mudders

I would suggest that if you can, try some goggles on before you shell out, I really wanted some doms, then I tried some and they just don';t fit my IPD, I';m glad I didn';t buy on impulse.

Attitude SD';s (Wwhich have adjustable IPD) should be with me tomorrow  :smiley:

Muds

bigscottd

Quote from: Mudders on Monday,October 14, 2013, 21:45:26
I would suggest that if you can, try some goggles on before you shell out, I really wanted some doms, then I tried some and they just don';t fit my IPD, I';m glad I didn';t buy on impulse.

Attitude SD';s (Wwhich have adjustable IPD) should be with me tomorrow  :smiley:

Muds

What do you mean by IPD?

Biffa

Quote from: bigscottd on Monday,October 14, 2013, 21:51:29
What do you mean by IPD?

Interpupillary distance - the distance between your pupils.

Adjustable IPD makes a big difference to the image.

Steve

Mudders

Interpupillary distance, with this you can adjust the screens of the goggles left and right to make sure it fits perfect. I found on the doms that I couldn';t see the outer edges (including some of the OSD).

Muds  :smiley:

Edit: Beaten to it!

Biffa

Quote from: Mudders on Monday,October 14, 2013, 21:57:57 Edit: Beaten to it!

:laugh: but, yes what you said. If you cannot adjust the IPD it';s a little like having your eyes crossed.
Steve

ericb

Try using binoculars without adjusting for your eye seperation.
Alien homemade , 330 homemade wonderful little thing oh and the 250 mini that is wonderful

bigscottd

I think I will have to get some money together and make a appointment with quadcopters.co.uk and try some out for size.

Mudders

I suppose as a start you could get someone to measure your IPD, each goggle gives it';s fixed measurement and adjustment values,

Muds  :smiley:

Hands0n

With the Attitudes the IPD is adjustable by sliders on the underside of the goggles. I had to make small adjustment for my eyes.

I also bought the diopter lenses as I';m long sighted but found that I didn';t need them after all, curiously.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Leigh

If you want a fully immersive experience and budget isn';t a factor, you could go for the Oculus Rift with a Transporter3D board to bring it all together :-)

http://www.transporter3d.com/index.php?pageid=3
Aussie on the loose in Belfast.