Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 05:29:15

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Back in the air!

Started by Gearymeister, Friday,October 11, 2013, 00:39:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearymeister

Finally back in the air. Had a quick flight tonight after a week grounded. Last weeks crash was a lesson learned but the rebuild has allowed me to shed over 200g from the flight weight.

Flies stable but the gps hold doesn';t seem to be working. Worried it';s something to do with the crash.

Also just realised I have nowhere to mount the gopro.

Really happy to be off he ground again!
I started off with nothing... I still have most of it left.

billmac

Good to hear your back in the air hope it didn't cost you too much.

Gav

What flight controller gps combo are you using?

Marty McFly

I really must make an effort to meet up with the Aberdeen gang,where do you all fly,Marty, :scotland:

Gearymeister

I got the DJI naza M V2 on this setup. I played with multiwii and that got blown away by mega pirate. I';d read a lot about Naza and thought I';d give it a go. It';s great as far as stability and predictability however it';s very locked down being a plug and play option so I think my preference is with the mega pirate because it';s open source and I can fiddle.

Marty, so far I have only really flown at home, work and a couple of times at seaton park. I haven';t had a lot of luck in my short time flying. Seem to crash just before all the good weather and end up fixing it in time to get frustrated and do something stupid in the house before the rain or wind stops.

In my way to Stratford upon Avon for my gf';s 30th. Have brought the quad. Got a right dirty look. But we';re there for a week so I';m sure I';ll get some to myself ;-)

Gearymeister

Gav, I bought 2 ten by ten, 1 meter lengths of aluminium box tube from B and Q and drilled the holes for the motors and centre plates. Each arm is 260mm so frustratingly can';t quite get 4 from one but not bad for giving spares or building a hex.

The tubes only cost £4.50 so I';m happy.

Gav

yep my first quad was a B n Q 10 mm tube special.   :beer2:

as for the GPS - so you';re not getting a green flash when GPS mode selected and 5 mins of power on in an open field?

Did the cable get wrenched on the GPS module ?  I fixed a NAZA gps sensor once by replacing the patch sensor inside the naza case. Mine got cracked in mid air crash DOH!

Gearymeister

Yeah the gps is working ok and getting the green flash  all good