Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 10:46:40

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Naza V2 and Can't Arm Motors!

Started by Mudders, Saturday,October 05, 2013, 22:12:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudders

Hi folks,

I';m really hoping you can help. On Friday I took delivery from Getfpv of a spanking new 540g, Lumenier 30a esc';s, the new fx motors etc.

I built it as per instructions, set up the Naza so everything looks good to start (the only thing I haven';t touched is any gains).

When I turn on all the lights do their stuff, GPS lock etc, problem is I can';t arm the motors!

I have plugged each motor directly into the RX (spekky 9ch dsmx) and set each hi and low point on the throttle, each arms and works ok.

Back to the Naza and nothing, no arm sound nada.

My question is, have I set up motors/esc';s up correctly?

Once the hi/low throttle setting is set does the esc remember it?

I assume I should hear the arm sound on start up?

I hope my group buy Naza is not faulty  :confused:

Help!

Muds

Mudders

I should add that when the naza is on, If I remove a esc and push it back in it makes the arm sound.

RCJardin

I have just had the same thing. I just fiddled about not sure what I did but in now works! I did read it is caused by throttle control not being right. I started up with throttle at centre postion and magically or by coincidence it now works! Will have maiden with F450 tomorrow.

twinrotor2

Mudders

Thanks RCJardin, there is a glimmer of hope on the horizon now. I';m using a DX18 and throttle is 100% each way, but I';ll check on the assistant it';s enough for max travel on the slider.

Twinrotor2, thanks and yes I am a little familiar with Naza as I have a Phantom, I just never set one up on a proper TX before  :embarrassed

Muds

Mudders

billmac

Hi Mudders
I had this a couple of weeks ago my Led Module was flashing a strange sequence and the motors would not arm. I had one short flight before this so I charged up my batters again and all was ok. So I have now switched off the low battery and just use my Tx timer.

Mudders

My light sequence seems good, although I will check again. I get full sat lock etc.

I';m just updating to 2.18 with IMU the lot, then I';m gonna stamp on it!

Muds  :popcorn: :popcorn:

SimonS

Firstly. Can you tell us exactly what you did to set the hi and low points on the ESCs.

Secondly, what exactly are the colours and number of flashes on the Naza LED before you try to arm the motors?

Mudders

Quote from: SimonS on Sunday,October 06, 2013, 00:04:42
Firstly. Can you tell us exactly what you did to set the hi and low points on the ESCs.

Secondly, what exactly are the colours and number of flashes on the Naza LED before you try to arm the motors?

Hi Simon,

I set a new model memory on the TX
I Bound a different RX
I unplugged one esc lead at a time and plugged it into the Throttle of the ';new'; esc.
With Throttle set at high the esc beeped,
With Throttle set at low the esc beeped again
Then the motor worked.

The Naza flashes through it';s start up sequence, orange, red, green one of each twice, then red red green green a few times, then fast long green green green etc(home lock) then 2 fast green and 2 fast red (I';m indoors so sat receptio not so good!

Muds

fruitsalad

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

SimonS

Assuming that you have calibrated the radio in Naza assistant, when it is giving the double green, double red try moving the throttle to the mid point and you should get single green double red.  Then try arming the motors.

You can also try changing the motor idle speed in the assistant and see if that works.  Also try arming and immediately put the throttle to 60% and see if it starts the take off sequence.

Needless to say, remove the props before trying all of the above.

Mudders

Thanks for your help guys, I just stumbled on the problem, I reversed Ele on the TX and bingo  :embarrassed :embarrassed :embarrassed

Thank **** for that!

Turns out I only have to reverse the direction of one motor too, 3 out of 4 aint bad!

Muds  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

granet

Thank you Mudder, you';re a newbie and you';ve already helped someone. I had the same problem and your solution was very timely and solved my problem immediately.

I owe you one.

Mudders

No worries granet, I';m glad it helped  ~~ ~~

So following on a little, I';m down to the last naza setting - gains  :hmm: :blink

I treated my self to the QAV';s first small flight yesterday, I';m glad to say all stick imputs work the correct way! The first thing I noticed was in the hovver, the motors were ';pulsing'; like an angry wasp!

I lowered the gains from 125 to 100 and 90 and tried again and it seems good now, but I don';t really understand what is adjusting what  :embarrassed

What does ';Basic Gain'; adjust and what does ';Attitude Gain'; adjust?

I';m guessing Attitude applies when I';m flying in Atti or Atti GPS mode and Basic gain when I';m flying in Manual?

Muds  :shrug: :shrug: