Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 05:14:13

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

My very first FPV, ever

Started by Hands0n, Saturday,October 05, 2013, 19:50:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Hands0n

Here, for the record, is my very first FPV flight ever.  Flown on an Alien 450 quad with Naza M Lite flight controller and using a brand new Fat Shark Attitude kit with a GoPro Hero Black 3 camera. 

I am knocked sideways by the experience that has exceeded what I had expected and hoped it would be.  As a first venture into the air with FPV goggles it was extraordinary. 

There is some sorting out to do with vibration causing the jello effect. I can live with that for now, but it will have to go. 

I did three more successive flights after this one, each got better as I gained the experience, skill and confidence of flying in this "new world". 

FPV truly is an amazing feeling.

http://youtu.be/5AFS0TXw7YQ

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

flybywire

Glad you like them hands0n!  What antenna';s are you using?  I bought a pair of Spyronet';s soon after buying them, as I found I was soon out of range with the supplied RD';s.  You may also want to get yourself a brushless gimbal, it';d take care of that jello.
Well done anyhow for a successful first venture.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Biffa

Nicely done :cool:

FPVing changes the hobby completely.  I used to look for open spaces to fly, now I look for spaces with stuff in the way to fly around.
Steve

guest325

Excellent! No problem flying nose in now  :rofl:
Looks like JAB1a will have some competition soon  ~~  ~~  ~~

Hands0n

@flybywire - Thanks mate.  I';m using the stock rubber ducks right now. Ordered a set of skew planar from @gav on this forum. They get rave reviews.   I have a gimbal bought for my birthday, but haven';t set it up yet.  I need a set of landing legs for the Alien 450 so I can sling the gimbal underneath. So I';m not terribly fussed about the jello at the moment.

Gawd, I can feel some more expense coming on  ::) ::)
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

fruitsalad

good stuff hands0n,that feeling is just to good...
i have a googles and screen setup also as i get people asking what its like
i just tell em to watch the screen whilst i fly around..
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

mutley2

Well done, it';s a great feeling flying FPV, you just want to fly further, higher and lower. Welcome to the best form of RC flying IMo...

Hands0n

Just for the record, and apologies to anyone I';m boring to death with ... here are the other three FPV videos that I shot on that life';s milestone of a day  :smiley: 

Flight No. 2
I';d just got off the ground when a local friendly pulled up in his car to have a chat with me about what I was doing. One can';t be impolite so I chatted while the quad loitered  ::)

http://youtu.be/KpGWeMAiD4w

Flight No. 3
In this one I tried to get a bit of range out of the VTX, but I';m flying with the stock rubber ducks that come with the Fat Shark kit so that didn';t go quite so well.  I';ve a set of skew planar (thanks Gav) for the next outing.  ~~

http://youtu.be/UXbSiNC_Ofk

Flight No. 4
This one I';m just pushing my own limits a bit, the video in the goggles was dark so I felt constrained in what I could attempt. But the object of the day was just to get into the game without a disaster.

http://youtu.be/ZMa9f3XWnaM

As they say on Loonie Tunes ... Thats all folks  :laugh:
--
Danny

JAB1a

Excellent first go at FPV...all very calm and smooth moves, mine was a bit more up and down on my first flight full FPV  :cool:

Amazing flight time in your first video 11+mins in the air, what Lipo';s are you using?

Keep them coming mate  ~~

Hands0n

Thanks mate, it sure is addictive.  Loved it.  The day was ideal, the air was completely still, not even a perceptible breeze!   The FPV gods were with me that day  :smiley:

I was flying the Naza M Lite which is a doddle in GPS Atti mode.

I';m not sure about that 11 minutes! The camera never lies, of course, and that is completely unedited footage.  I was flying a Turnigy 2200mAh 3S battery - as were the other three flights that just about managed 7 minutes each (my norm).  I was flying very gently, so maybe that eked out a few more minutes. I';m really not sure otherwise.  Good though, innit  ::)

--
Danny