Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 17:30:41

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

My Quad has gone

Started by ericb, Saturday,October 05, 2013, 11:47:02

Previous topic - Next topic

ericb

Got up early this morning and had a fly up Around the basins of the Forth and Clyde canal in Glasgow at Maryhill. I got some footage and was coming in to go home and the quad did a fly away into the basin. I was 50ft away and it went in sideways from about 40ft up. Going up this afternoon with my mate to see what can be done........wish me luck.
Alien homemade , 330 homemade wonderful little thing oh and the 250 mini that is wonderful

nub

aww nut nightmare :(

fingers crossed u find it, i';ve yet to lose a model but would really hate to.

what FC were u using?
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

kilby

Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

Jumpy07

Oh crap Eric..  hope u get it back..

If its in the water...try and get a friendly diver.. if ur stuck give me a shout

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

ericb

I';m going up later with rope, some clothes and some hooks. It was about 10ft out and the water is not too deep and full of reeds, so fingers crossed. I was so pleased with the footage as well. I didnt think your Waterbuoys would be needed....lesson learned
Alien homemade , 330 homemade wonderful little thing oh and the 250 mini that is wonderful

Marty McFly

Good luck this afternoon,Eric hope you find it,Marty, :scotland:

ericb

I have all the bits for another one. I also had a lovely conversation with my wife last evening on WHY  i needed two quads......well thats that sorted. I have an Alien frame built with a gimbal and camera now mounted, with my Frysky receiver and Naza lite waiting to go......maybe time to make that happen.

Calomile

I hope your able to recover it pal!

At least you have another project to work on in the mean time!
I reverse polarities for fun.

ericb

Cheers Guys :help: :crossfingers:

Forgot to mention that earlier in the week while doing some work on my Tesla helmet.....I cracked the LCD screen......found the same on ebay in UK for £22.49 after ordering the replacement from China......great week

flybywire

THat';s rotten luck mate, but at least it went down in the line of duty eh?  No dishonour there!
May not be quite the time to mention it, but for you ';water guys'; I wonder if some kind of auto inflation device might be the answer.  I shuddered the other day as I watched some footage of (can';t remember who) flying an entire lipo over water.  makes great footage, but at a high cost.

Really hope you manage to pull her out Eric, BTW I did once take a dip in the Manchester ship canal basin (under those bridges) ee by eck, the things we do as lads eh?

ANdy
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

ericb

Jumpy has these fitted for this very reason.

http://www.water-buoy.com/

Gav

Col_M

Good luck! If the Costa concordia can be rescued so can your quad ::)

Bring a flask of something hot to warm you up once you';re out of the water  ~~
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

Hands0n

Awww rotten luck Eric, gutted for ya mate.  I hope you find it okay.  :crossfingers:
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

ericb

Look what Eric found. The camera works, the Crius works, it';s done in the Fat Shark filter, the Immersion TX works..........I';ll dry it a bit more as

two of the motors don';t sound ok.......maybe the ESC';s gone......the radio TX works.The main battery is a bit puffed up and dead, but the Camera TX battery is fine. I took it to work as we have a warm air unit in the warehouse ( 5 min from the crash ) and put it onto it to dry, where it promptly blew it onto the floor and broke an arm.......i need to go lie down now.
I used an extended pole for painting the ceiling, tied it to a clothes pole and took a guess at the spot......hooked something right away, as I was lifting it, I could see the props about 4ft down.....when I dropped it again....back in and got it first shot....... :sweating:
It didn';t record the flight.......f*** :cry

guest325

Glad you found it buddy, hope it fixes up ok!

flybywire

Quote from: ericb on Saturday,October 05, 2013, 13:37:59
Jumpy has these fitted for this very reason.

http://www.water-buoy.com/

Wow!  Top product!  I think I saw this on Dragons'; Den a few years back?  For saving your yacht keys if you got squiffy one night and lost them in the drink?

Glad u got your quad back Eric, shame about the footage though!

ANdy
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Biffa

Glad you got it back and in a reasonable condition too - bonus ~~
Steve

ericb

Cheers guys.....I';m more p******* off at the lack of video  :banghead:

mutley2

WOW what a story, chuffed it has a happy issh ending, pity about the lack of video but that';s just what happens. Nice one dude  :smiley:

ericb

I have all the bits for a rebuild, but I need to look at what to do.  just back from the pub and my mate and wife think they know the way to go, but I do need some help.I,ll post tomorrow and seek some assistance. Two ESC,s have gone and maybe one motor.I have a spare motor and the Quattro esc,an KK2  or the CRIUS AIO  that still works.  I';m building a quad with Naz  Lite, gimbal,Simonk esc to go, so one simple, one clever might be good.I  have two receivers for Fr ysky as well.
HELP

RobertBrown

Ross

It seems that the water buoy is not available everywhere as their web page says.
Boat chandlers selling it  have no info re new production.  However, one of the firms mentioned seems to have it in stock at £7.99
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

Jumpy07

Quote from: Ross on Wednesday,October 09, 2013, 10:23:59
It seems that the water buoy is not available everywhere as their web page says.
Boat chandlers selling it  have no info re new production.  However, one of the firms mentioned seems to have it in stock at £7.99

Contact Skipper Billy on FPV HUB http://www.fpvhub.com/index.php/topic,14619.msg123307.html#msg123307

Water Buoy Demo Video

Hands0n

Just a thought - but wouldn';t it be just as straightforward to fabricate some lightweight floatation attachment to the underside of the multi-rotor using expanded polystyrene or similar?  It would add bulk, perhaps a bit of drag, but almost no weight at all.   I wouldn';t have thought that any bulk caused would interfere with the aerodynamics too much, particularly if they were like Landing Skids slung under the aircraft.

My thinking is that one would only attach them when flying over water. 
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

ericb

I bet everytime you fly from the boat Craig your heart is in your mouth regardless of the flotation device ? Your also over salt water  :thumbdown: On saturday i just thought, ok I';ll probably get it back but the only intact thing was the £15 frame, I agree a TBS disco or QAV is different, but I thought I had lost all the electrical bits to the god of water, but only lost the battery , three ESC at £9.00 each and the Fatshark low pass filter, which I';ve now fixed.....so I got off very lightly. I do admire the footage over water.......but this one ?  :sweating:

Cruddcopter FPV - Seaman Style (GoPro 3 Black) HD

Hands0n

Okay, so that had my heart in my mouth all the way through! Fabulous!
--
Danny

ericb

The flying backwards over the bow wave is fantastic.......but it';s not my Quad and I';m still bricking it

Jumpy07

Quote from: Hands0n on Wednesday,October 09, 2013, 10:50:44
Just a thought - but wouldn';t it be just as straightforward to fabricate some lightweight floatation attachment to the underside of the multi-rotor using expanded polystyrene or similar?  It would add bulk, perhaps a bit of drag, but almost no weight at all.   I wouldn';t have thought that any bulk caused would interfere with the aerodynamics too much, particularly if they were like Landing Skids slung under the aircraft.

My thinking is that one would only attach them when flying over water.

That';s two different requirements.. most of us don';t want to land on water.. we just want a way of getting our multi back in it crashes in it..    attaching floats has some negative effects.. weight.. wind effect etc etc

Ross

Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.