Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 15:32:56

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Will make you laugh

Started by nickyb, Wednesday,October 02, 2013, 13:13:52

Previous topic - Next topic

nickyb

A mate of mine in the north has a hex. He';s had it for sometime and got me interested into the hobby. A few days ago he fitted some turnigy LED lights to the arms and a strobe flasher underneath the belly of the aircraft.

He flew it during in the evening at around 6.30pm got a bit off course (due to lack of light in his FPV kit) and activated the NAZA auto home feature which worked a treat (he was also running low on juice according to his OSD). The flight path took him over a group of houses, a petrol station and an pub, flying at around 100ft or so.

Apparently a few people reported seeing a UFO ';that just hovered and then made non-natural movements'; in the sky. It also prompted I';m told a few calls to local police and even the met office!

Joking aside and with the winter months approaching does this sort of thing happen more and more? With all this kit we have and of course low light FPV cameras, surely a few of us out there are playing a few ET games on the public??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nick

Col_M

I like this :smiley: I';d like it better if I could see the look on people';s faces.  ~~
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

nickyb

Quote from: Col_M on Wednesday,October 02, 2013, 17:09:48
I like this :smiley: I';d like it better if I could see the look on people';s faces.  ~~

..Yeah, maybe with a speaker on the belly playing ';Close Encounters of the Third Kind';  :wack0

Cloudbuster

I have a night vision FPV setup which is great fun  !!! Have flown in the middle of the night when all is calm and it is so easy to mistake it for a UFO to those not in the know !!! I use a strobe set of nav lights on all my copters and at night they are really bright !!!

Regards rob
life is too short to worry about what others think !!!

[url="//www.skynamite.co.uk"]www.Skynamite.co.uk[/url]

guest325

Been up to this sort of thing myself, not fpv though just los - I think it';s easier to judge orientation in the dark with decent leds. I like doing rapid climbs with wild pirouetting and then whizzing off in a straight line stop abruptly and zoom off in a different direction again.
Sometimes I get the odd people come to where I';m flying and ask what the bl@@dy hell I';m playing at  :rofl:  :rofl:

fruitsalad

lol.........had a few reports myself cos of my night flying antics..
been night flying for about 3/4yrs now,had allsorts visit the field to see what the heck the lights are..
cant beat flying on a still calm night..
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Jake Bullit

Love night flying my Y6 and my disco, both LOS.
the Y6 in particular looks great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO1fgLniLtU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."