Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,August 22, 2019, 14:37:47

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Andy7:
22 Aug 2019 10:27:36
Sure. But basically, all the subjects are getting cut off.
Gaza07:
21 Aug 2019 18:14:54
Can you pm me a screen shot of what you mean
Andy7:
21 Aug 2019 12:15:41
Gaza - can you make the subject line section in the forum topic list wider? It's cutting off the subject field really short.
Andy7:
19 Aug 2019 09:14:20
Good for you!  ~~
DarkButterfly:
18 Aug 2019 19:13:57
Had another negative encounter, it's been a few years since the last one, just an uneducated ******, going on about drones being illegal yada yada yada.    :-/
Still that didn't spoil my flying time, had an absolute blast  ~~
Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
hoverfly:
30 Jul 2019 15:26:34
D.B. you tightwad.. :cool:
atomiclama:
29 Jul 2019 20:14:10
DB that just means you have shed loads of props in the first place ;-)
DarkButterfly:
29 Jul 2019 18:53:33
Just had a thought, even with all the crashing I've done, I haven't bought any replacement props in over a year ~~
ched:
09 Jul 2019 19:45:42
May the sun shine and winds be light for BFU#8. Son't forget lots of vids for those of us unable to attend.  :D
Members
  • Total Members: 8066
  • Latest: badger1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196576
  • Total Topics: 19804
  • Online Today: 44
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 41
Total: 43

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Turnigy 9XR, what TX module???

Started by Gearymeister, Wednesday,October 02, 2013, 00:15:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearymeister

Hi guys,

I just received my Turnigy 9XR and wondered if anyone had any advice on what TX and RX packs I should use?
I am moving from a Spektrum DX6i. which has served well but the lack of three pos switch and 6 ch limit encouraged me to move on.

I am going to be flying a few different aircraft (mostly multi rotors)
currently i have a quad suing Naz M V2, an Octo V Frame using AMP, am about to put together a DJI Hexa probably just upgrading from the quad with the Naza. I also have a 5'; super chipmonk that i need to get back to and finish.

obviously i';m wanting something nice and reliable, reasonably cost effective and with a good TX/RX range for FPV.

any input would be appreciated.

thanks,

Chris
I started off with nothing... I still have most of it left.

DarrellW

I do have an opinion here, there are two ways to think about it:
1) If you have a lot of Spektrum rx';s then maybe you get the Orange dsm2 compatibles
2) If you don';t then FRsky is by far the best option, in essence you would have something almost as good as the Taranis system.
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

dazza22

hi
1 thing to consider is that not all flying club will let you fly with the cheaper radio gear..
So check this out if you are going to use your local or not so local clubs .

I use spekrum  dx8 which is ok easy to program .But I only got it due to not been able to afford the price difference between the DX8 and the 8channel futaba which I would have pick if price had been lower . I have always like futaba and used it for over 20y

That said  I would like 9xr and the open lrs module to work on a long range set .

As you will already know they is no wright or wrong answers ,,but  if had had your choice to make I would keep the DX6 and also get the Dsm and Frsky modules  for the 9xr.

Gearymeister

i';d been looking at the Frsky TX and was leaning towards it so I think you have both confirmed thats what to do.

I was thinking of using the DX6i as a separate control for the camera gimbal. I only have a couple of RX units for it anyway.

thank you both for the input

Chris
I started off with nothing... I still have most of it left.