Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 03:44:03

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

invert pitch

Started by thijs_straathof, Thursday,September 26, 2013, 15:03:44

Previous topic - Next topic

thijs_straathof

Hi,

I';m building my first Quad. I did not fly it yet.
In most video';s on youtube you see that if the pitch from controller is moved, the bar in missionplanner is moving in the opposite direction.
Mine isn';t. if I put pitch forward the bar goes up.
Where can I invert this.

I have a Crius AIOP v2 with mpng 2.8R3.

Thnx
HK X525 V3: Crius AIOP v2: NTM 28-30s 800KV (SS): turnigy multistar 30A (opto): NEO-6M: HK-2.4Ghz 6CH v2

Col_M

You can reverse the channel in your transmitter, that';s the way 3DR recommend when setting up an APM using mission planner, I imagine the Crius AIOP is the same.
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

QuadBod

On a related note - anyone know why they';ve designed it with the pitch indicator bar ';backwards';? First time I set mine up I made sure the bars tracked the controls, and when I went to maiden it, pitch was then backwards. Seems an odd design choice...

powerlord

Yeh that caught me out too!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

thijs_straathof

Thnx guys,

But as most people I didn';t order the cable from hk to connect my hk-t6a to a computer. I will order one.
That will take a while. So in the meantime I';d like to know if there is a way to invert it at the megapirate side.
If not, I';ll wait.

Thijs
HK X525 V3: Crius AIOP v2: NTM 28-30s 800KV (SS): turnigy multistar 30A (opto): NEO-6M: HK-2.4Ghz 6CH v2

QuadBod

Try this:

In mission planner, go into Config / Advanced Params, click ';Find'; and enter ';reverse';. You will see entries such as ';RC reverse (RC1_EV)';. Confusingly the description says ';Reverse servo operation'; which makes it sound like an output reverse. Ignore this. It isn';t.

On mine, RC2_REV maps to pitch. Yours may differ as I';m using a mapping for a JR transmitter with CPPM (aka PPM Sum) receiver. Change from forward to reverse, click Write Params, then check in Initial Setup / Radio Calibration. Pushing the stick forward should result in the Pitch bar going down.

thijs_straathof

Thnx for the information about the RC2_ev. First try was right.

So I was ready for my first take-off.  :smiley:

I went to my uncles large shed-> armed the drone and when I gave it a little bit off throttle it came of the ground. started to become instable over pitch. and before I could react it flipped 360 degrees and when I cutted the throttle it landed on its feet.  :sweating:
All in about 3 seconds.
I don';t think the invert-action in the Config / Advanced params was the cause of this. I will search the forum for a solution. maybe you guys can give me an direction to search in.

thnx.

QuadBod

I would go back to basics and check:

• AIOP orientation on your quad (arrow facing forward)

• ESC/motor connection order as it';s a bit odd on APM/AIOP: 1:front-left, 2:rear-right, 3: front-right 4: rear-left

• Motor rotation direction (although I don';t think this is your problem as you got airborne), from top left, going clockwise round the quad it should be clockwise, anti, clockwise, anti.

• Correct prop orientation (writing upwards, slanting ';upwards'; in the direction the leading edge of the blade travels) - again don';t think this is your problem, unless you had all motors and props symmetrically reversed!
Sorry if this is all old to you - not sure what level you';re starting from...

thijs_straathof

I did check all things listed above. everything was right. I hadn';t balanced the props yet. Did that today. tonight I';ll try to fly again.

Is there a way to download the current load from my Crius AIOP v2 board as a backup?
This way I can change settings and test and grap back to an previus backup if I messed up.

QuadBod

You';re probably going to have to tune you PIDs, which is tricky to do if it won';t even fly, but you could tray scaling them back a bit: Stabilize Roll: 3.0; Rate Roll/Pitch P: 0.10; I: 0.75, D: 0.008. IF that gets you flying, you';ll still want to tune properly, but if you have a spare potentiometer channel, inflight tuning is very handy.

I presume you';re flying in Stabilize to get started. When you take off, don';t be timid, you need to push straight up a couple of meters to get out of ground effect. If you try and take off slowly, you';ll inevitably tip. (Doesn';t sound like what happened to you the first time though).

Not sure if there';s a way to save your settings, and don';t have Mission Planner on this ';puter,  (someone else may chip in), so make a note of anything you change!

thijs_straathof

thanks for the tips,
I';m planning to tune pid';s on a jig. I will flip the dining table and fix my quad between the legs so it';s free to rotate in pitch.
And I';ll have an spare potential meter to tune my quad.
I';ll let you know how it turned out.

thijs_straathof

So, had a second first flight today.
It turned out great. now I have to work on my skills.
see video.

http://youtu.be/N9G3mKRrEnw

Thanks

Gearymeister

Looks great bud!
Now if you';re anything like me you just need to work on the panic reactions. Lol I';m just getting out of it now but the worst one for me was to panic and cut the throttle all together. After several rebuilds I think it';s setting in now lol

Good luck
I started off with nothing... I still have most of it left.